Twitter: Jerry not speaking at Combine due to minor medical issue

slick325

Reaction score
It would be great if both Jones boys stopped talking and allowed their HC to be the franchise's mouthpiece. (As "Dream On" plays on a loop in my head.)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
who knows what the issue is, he may just be avoiding questions about cheerleader thing.

But regardless, I bet it is killing him not being able to make statements, and talk to any mike he sees!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s just not the same when you tie one on over the age of 50. It reeks havoc on your system. Let’s face reality. Any of us over the age of 70 are living on borrowed time. At best, from a semi-aware level Jerry has five years left to manage this football team. Personally I think he should step down now, but something tells me he’s not gonna do that until he’s medically unable to manage this team.

I don’t wish jerry any bad fate, I truly think he cares about the Cowboys and football in general. I just don’t think he has the skills to manage this team to a Super Bowl anymore.

My God you're a monster.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s just not the same when you tie one on over the age of 50. It reeks havoc on your system. Let’s face reality. Any of us over the age of 70 are living on borrowed time. At best, from a semi-aware level Jerry has five years left to manage this football team. Personally I think he should step down now, but something tells me he’s not gonna do that until he’s medically unable to manage this team.

I don’t wish jerry any bad fate, I truly think he cares about the Cowboys and football in general. I just don’t think he has the skills to manage this team to a Super Bowl anymore.
As a Boomer in good standing, I withdraw my apology for how we've screwed the planet and world up and am going to spend the rest of my borrowed time doing my worst.

He never had the skills to do that, he couldn't manage to get along with the guy that had those skills.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They get to interview players. I wonder if any will ask the Joneses about their culture?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's lying, the old tool doesn't want to answer questions about Dalrymple and he knows that would be topic 1 because the Cowboys are far more interesting off the field.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He conveniently came down with Dalrymple-itis just in time to avoid questions from the national media about it.
Between that and the issue with Cooper, yes. There is no way that stammering old man goes in front of the media right now.

I just wish we were doing a Kim Jung-un death watch for him right now.

plasticman

Reaction score
It would be rather ironic if "that day" just happened to be during the week after the Cowboys won the NFC Championship and the right to play in the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995. That's especially true if the Cowboys used the unfortunate event to inspire them to win the Super Bowl Jerry's reaction would probably get him an eternal ban from Heaven.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hope he's okay.

Stephen is waiting in the wings. Can't wait for him to charge players for the privelage of playing for the Cowboys. We'll have a team full of XFL and USFL all-stars.