Jerry Not Sure Why Edelman Fumble Overturned

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Ball definitely did NOT touch him. The roughing the passer penalty was BS though.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The video replay was crystal clear the ball never touched him

I thought it took looking at a couple of angles to see the full picture, but in the end I was convinced he never touched it. There was one angle where you think there is at least a chance Edelman’s thumb touched the ball, but when you see a different angle it’s clear the thumb did not touch the ball.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Jerry sure is talking a lot lately. Maybe they got him at the hotel lobby again

Context matters SI (hacks). I watched that video, that's not exactly what he said. They were talking about the rules of replay. He said according to the current rules it probably should have stood based on ruling on field. He said they are going to talk about it replay this off-season.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The call on the field should have stood because the video evidence was not conclusive. That being said, it would have been the incorrect call because the ball did not appear to touch him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it wasn’t his gloves were undone on one angle looks like it grazed the glove flap
It did look that way from one angle, but another angle showed there was always a clear gap between the ball and the glove.

nathanlt

Reaction score
What a way to waste your complaint Jerry. Let someone with 20/20 vision confirm what you think you are seeing. Complaining about that is crying wolf.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a way to waste your complaint Jerry. Let someone with 20/20 vision confirm what you think you are seeing. Complaining about that is crying wolf.

Are you under the impression he called a press conference to complain about this? The reality is he wasn’t complaining at all. He was asked about replay in football and this play was a fresh example to talk about. I disagree with Jerry’s belief on this play, but to characterize it as Jerry complaining is way off base.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The video replay was crystal clear the ball never touched him
It was clear it did not touch his hands. It was not conclusive that it did not graze his arm (though I think it likely did not).

Everyone focused on the thumbs, but I was focused on the arm. There was no angle, or combination of angles, showing a definitive gap.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol how can anyone watch the 50 replays with 10 different angles and come away that it was not clear it didn't touch him? It was obvious

Look at the people claiming it touched Edelman or “liking” the post.

When you understand who they are and their capacity it makes total sense.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Every angle that I saw clearly showed he did not touch the punt, his reaction was immediate...

Jerry should be questioning the worst call I've seen all year, that one that allowed the Rams to advance...Go, Patriots. I do not want Wade with another SB

InTheZone

Reaction score
I knew that it would be overturned, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by the total BS roughing the passer call, because Patriots.

I wasn't at all surprised by a penalty like the neutral zone infraction that didn't affect the play and wiped out Brady's pick that would've ended the game, because Patriots.

I was 100% that they would win the coin toss, because Patriots.

I hate that team so much. They're great. But they've also had so much luck, cupcake schedules and playoff runs, teams totally choking against them, they've cheated, and they get all the calls.

He was as clear as offsides as there ever was. No reason for him to be that far over. Don't do that, game over, Chiefs win.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every angle that I saw clearly showed he did not touch the punt, his reaction was immediate...

Jerry should be questioning the worst call I've seen all year, that one that allowed the Rams to advance...Go, Patriots. I do not want Wade with another SB
They were talking about instant replay, and that play wasn’t reviewable.