Twitter: Jerry on 105.3

MikeB80

Reaction score
I'm among the last who would defend Jerry, but he didn't exactly give up the keys to the store there as far as useful info to the Rams.

he has no business giving out any info on the TUESDAY before week 1 on the radio. He should never be talking about anything concerning injuries or gameday active/inactive statuses on the radio. Ever.

fivetwos

Reaction score
he has no business giving out any info on the TUESDAY before week 1 on the radio. He should never be talking about anything concerning injuries or gameday active/inactive statuses on the radio. Ever.
Thinking about it. Defending Jerry makes me wanna puke, and its bound to get worse as the year goes on.

So...you win. Well, you're right anyway lol.

I almost think most of us just accept he is going to be that way. Of course it would be better if he clams up, but we could grow very old waiting for that day.

Doesnt make it right...I hear it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If we're really going to use Pollard a lot then this season is a foregone conclusion.

usa_today_9855669.jpg

MikeB80

Reaction score
Thinking about it. Defending Jerry makes me wanna puke, and its bound to get worse as the year goes on.

So...you win. Well, you're right anyway lol.

I almost think most of us just accept he is going to be that way. Of course it would be better if he clams up, but we could grow very old waiting for that day.

Doesnt make it right...I hear it.

the only years he didn't do this stuff was the first few of Parcells time here. By late 05 he was doing it again and then in 06 when he was like Owens handler he was back to being himself. He needed public approval of that stadium in november of 2004 and he toed the line to make sure he got it.

LittleD

Reaction score
He gave out an injury status on a starting player on defense and gameday status report on another player.

This is insane. The only reason to do this is to make sure people know he is in charge and hear him speak on the radio about his authority.

He is the absolute "man in charge" and everyone at the Star, including McCarthy, works for him and him alone. He is in fact the owner and GM.

fivetwos

Reaction score
the only years he didn't do this stuff was the first few of Parcells time here. By late 05 he was doing it again and then in 06 when he was like Owens handler he was back to being himself. He needed public approval of that stadium in november of 2004 and he toed the line to make sure he got it.
If it gets to where the staff is fully undermined (as it was under Garrett unquestionably) by Jerry on radio it becomes a problem.

I should probably say it continues to be.

Your posts are a dose of reality for those of us who choose hope and/or denial for any shred of evidence this franchise may have turned in the right direction.

LittleD

Reaction score

He can do what he wants, when he wants, and to whom he wants. He's the "big man" in Big D.

MikeB80

Reaction score
He is the absolute "man in charge" and everyone at the Star, including McCarthy, works for him and him alone. He is in fact the owner and GM.

yes we all know his titles.

There is a part of me that is convinced he wants fans at the games so bad so they can lineup and watch his helicopter land outside the stadium and watch him walk in.

I will never understand why any fan would do this but every week out there people run over to see the guy get out of his helicopter. Its embarrassing.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's good to know that, despite the strangeness of 2020, a few things like JJ and the media interview remains a constant.

LittleD

Reaction score
Mark Cuban says 1995 was a long time ago....oh and hello.

Yes, that's true but, fans keep tuning in and he keeps selling seats and gear to all his patrons. The franchise has never been valued less. He's the god of his universe and
could care less what others think. He still runs the show and rakes in the dough.

LittleD

Reaction score

There is a part of me that is convinced he wants fans at the games so bad so they can lineup and watch his helicopter land outside the stadium and watch him walk in.

I will never understand why any fan would do this but every week out there people run over to see the guy get out of his helicopter. Its embarrassing.

You seem to forget that P.T. Barnham said, there's a sucker born every minute and Jerry took lessons from him. Jerry just keeps the gold coming in to his mine.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I've personally witnessed him being treated like a rock star and he eats it up.

Its sickening.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, that's true but, fans keep tuning in and he keeps selling seats and gear to all his patrons. The franchise has never been valued less. He's the god of his universe and
could care less what others think. He still runs the show and rakes in the dough.
The guy is an incredible salesman and a phenomenal businessman. No denying that.

He just needs to back off on the football ops and his ego would never allow it.

The majority of the lesser knowledgeable fans would still give him his "credit."

For all his strengths, he could never realize that less of him on the football side is a better thing.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Be back in 5 going to go throw up, knowing our "gm" thinks that's a good idea.
Listen, why would you want to bring in a distraction like Earl Thomas. He is not the player he once was and just another Antonio Bryant type of headache.

LittleD

Reaction score
The guy is an incredible salesman and a phenomenal businessman. No denying that.

He just needs to back off on the football ops and his ego would never allow it.

The majority of the lesser knowledgeable fans would still give him his "credit."

For all his strengths, he could never realize that less of him on the football side is a better thing.

Jerry will never back off because he believes he's "the smartest guy in the room". He keeps talking and the media lap it up.

Plankton

Reaction score
If it gets to where the staff is fully undermined (as it was under Garrett unquestionably) by Jerry on radio it becomes a problem.

I should probably say it continues to be.

Your posts are a dose of reality for those of us who choose hope and/or denial for any shred of evidence this franchise may have turned in the right direction.

Hope is not a strategy.

I have no earthly idea why anyone thought that it would be any different. Jones already has his stadium and his training facility. His debt load is very low. There's no reason for him to course correct - Cowboy fans are conditioned to return, in spite of the owner.

And, for those who think that Stephen Jones will be any better, please listen to his radio appearances. He is most certainly his father's son.

FWIW, the only people who think that Jerry and Stephen having radio shows are a good idea are the radio stations and people with the last name of Jones. It serves no purpose to the football team, and does nothing to enhance the product. All it does is polish the egos of these two.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we please just stop asking or talking about Earl Thomas.

It’s clear he’s not in our plans.

If you’re willing to trot out a banged up Xavier Woods, Darian Thompson and a 34 year old Brandon Carr, it’s pretty dang obvious.
Wouldn’t that make it obvious they would pursuing?