Twitter: Jerry on 105.3

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Listen, why would you want to bring in a distraction like Earl Thomas. He is not the player he once was and just another Antonio Bryant type of headache.
Last year he would have been the best player in our secondary and yes that includes byron the bum

pancakeman

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, and couldnt stand when he would do this, but I don't think the Rams change much if Woods plays or not.

If anything, he made them be more aware of passes to the backs. He could have left that out.

Misdirection. Y'all think the doddering fool is spouting off, but he's really playing four-dimensional chess.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Last year he would have been the best player in our secondary and yes that includes byron the bum

His best position at this point is probably as a lead blocker for Derrick Henry in Tennessee, because the only thing he showed last year was an ability to clear out defenders from running lanes.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
LOL at "landing on your feet" by acquiring Brandon Carr.

I have come to the conclusion that Jerry and this front office have some sort of learning disability when it comes to safeties.
To me..it's all about the money with us.

We never have paid a safety like a top position.

Bryron Jones is a prime example.

He was drafted as a #1 safety pick but never could cut it until he was moved to CB because Carr and Claiborne were struggling at CB.

Then when he improved he played so well we could not pay him.

This is a winning situation for Dallas. At least they think so.

They must have a list of what the salary of each position should be paid to fit their cap.

Safety is somewhere in the lower 50% of the roster.

That is why ET will never play here.

It's about the money. Always has been. Always will be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gave out an injury status on a starting player on defense and gameday status report on another player.

This is insane. The only reason to do this is to make sure people know he is in charge and hear him speak on the radio about his authority.

Injury status come out anyway, first is on Wednesday afternoon. And do you really believe the Rams believe anything Jerry says as for game strategy?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As far as the Safety position, we really landed on our feet by signing a CB to the practice squad

Scary thing is Im sure some Cowboys fans believe that

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing says Mike McCarthy runs a tight ship like Jerry Jones giving out injury reports and gameday status of important players on the TUESDAY before week 1 for absolutely no reason.

Things have changed fellas. Things have changed.
Sidenote: Thank you for actually typing out Mike McCarthy's name and not "MM"

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Will somebody please give Jerrah his pablum and bib so he shuts the $@# up already.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hope is not a strategy.

I have no earthly idea why anyone thought that it would be any different. Jones already has his stadium and his training facility. His debt load is very low. There's no reason for him to course correct - Cowboy fans are conditioned to return, in spite of the owner.

And, for those who think that Stephen Jones will be any better, please listen to his radio appearances. He is most certainly his father's son.

FWIW, the only people who think that Jerry and Stephen having radio shows are a good idea are the radio stations and people with the last name of Jones. It serves no purpose to the football team, and does nothing to enhance the product. All it does is polish the egos of these two.
While I fully agree, I'm also open to suggestions as to what we are supposed to do about it.

Over the years, I've explored every possible way to do something about it.

Unless I'm ready to pack it up and not follow any longer, there nothing that can be done except HOPE that Jerry someday gets it and backs off.

Theres no other way in my mind anyway. He doesnt ask my opinion and I'm not doing something ridiculous like switch teams. That's not possible.

So, while HOPE is definitely not a plan, unfortunately that's all I have in the end.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He gave out an injury status on a starting player on defense and gameday status report on another player.

This is insane. The only reason to do this is to make sure people know he is in charge and hear him speak on the radio about his authority.
You are assuming he has any idea what he is talking about, lol.
We are about 3 years in of Jerry saying things and them not being remotely true come game day.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You are assuming he has any idea what he is talking about, lol.
We are about 3 years in of Jerry saying things and them not being remotely true come game day.

he sits in with steve on the daily personnel meetings. When he doesn't he is briefed on what happened in them.

slick325

Reaction score
Jerry will never back off because he believes he's "the smartest guy in the room". He keeps talking and the media lap it up.

Smh...That means he must find himself in the wrong room often.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Nothing says Mike McCarthy runs a tight ship like Jerry Jones giving out injury reports and gameday status of important players on the TUESDAY before week 1 for absolutely no reason.

Things have changed fellas. Things have changed.

You can read about any player being active or inactive on any team just going to their website, checking in on local sports news, ESPN, etc...

Contrast what Jerry stated with what McVay head coach of the Rams publicly announced about his 3-back rotation against the Cowboys.

It seems you have such hate or bitterness with the Cowboys ownership that you would crucify Jerry for mentioning that it will be a night game this coming Sunday against the Rams.

Last edited:

MikeB80

Reaction score
You can read about any player being active or inactive on any team just going to their website, checking in on local sports news, ESPN, etc...

Contrast what Jerry stated with what McVay head coach of the Rams publicly announced about his 3-back rotation against the Cowboys.

It seems you have such hate or bitterness with the Cowboys ownership that you would crucify Jerry for mentioning that it will be a night game this coming Sunday against the Rams.

i stated it in another thread but I will again. Sean Mcvay is the head coach of the rams. If he wants to give out information that is his choice. Jerry Jones is the Owner/GM and is not required to talk. He is giving out information voluntarily for no reason. He is not the head coach.

There is a huge difference.

cowboyed

Reaction score
i stated it in another thread but I will again. Sean Mcvay is the head coach of the rams. If he wants to give out information that is his choice. Jerry Jones is the Owner/GM and is not required to talk. He is giving out information voluntarily for no reason. He is not the head coach.

There is a huge difference.
It is not consequential information he gave out MikeB80. I pay more attention to what a head coach states.