Twitter: Jerry on 105.3

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohhhhhh, so I get it now. We should all just forget yet another playoff/end-of-season embarrassment and rejoice that they worked so hard to retain Quinn and that our beloved Fatso's job was never in jeopardy. Well I for one feel much better now
You didn't buy that "I'm as mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" act, did you? He's a phony and a liar and just taking advantage of a situation for more exposure. This entire team exists for his self-promotion.

A team offered Quinn the HC job and Booger rode in to save the day with his checkbook? Well, he doesn't have to worry about being called out as a liar because Quinn isn't talking and the team that got turned down for their HC job for their candidate to remain an assistant sure isn't talking.

Was that the strategy? Let him interview until an offer is made and then make him an offer to stay?

And at the end of the day, the one truth remains. This DC knew what the Niners were bringing, their chances rode of two hopes, Samuel and Kittle and a run game and his players made stupid mistakes, poor tackling and failed to stop the Niners from doing exactly what they needed and wanted to do to win.

I like Quinn but I hope he got some ironclad promises to address this defense because this was all about one great draft pick and a smoke and mirrors secondary dependent on errant throws.

He is the DC on the team run by follow the ball people in need of OL, WR and TE help and really poor at cap management. That must have been a real crappy HC offer?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spin doctor JJ doing all the damage control he can possibly do… Crazy how most of the fan base will fall for it (again)

Because people hear what they want to hear. They're called fans - short for fanatics - for a reason. They want everything to be great about their favorite team. That's why the brain-dead shills around here try to shout down anything that paints anything related to the Cowboys in a negative light. Because they can't handle it.

But they will buy hook, line, and sinker, anything that can be interpreted as good news. Confirmation bias.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Because people hear what they want to hear. They're called fans - short for fanatics - for a reason. They want everything to be great about their favorite team. That's why the brain-dead shills around here try to shout down anything that paints anything related to the Cowboys in a negative light. Because they can't handle it.

But they will buy hook, line, and sinker, anything that can be interpreted as good news. Confirmation bias.

8Yfw.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And then follow that up afterwards with "I didn't buy it, Booger sold it to me. I am done buying.....unless he can come up with something really convincing like other teams wanted him and I kept him for y'all".

What do they expect? For him to say "well, I don't think this is going to get much better so y'all need to save your money and don't but merch or tickets and take family vacations".

You walk onto the lot of a used car lot and expect honesty from the guy running it?

There should be a slug line with the logo. "The Dallas Cowboys, Caveat Emptor".

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Anything Jerry is saying in this whole thing is one gigantic EYE ROLL! Go away old man. Tired of the schtick

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also it's quite clear that Jerry, who does nothing but make the wrong coaching decisions repeatedly, is still at the forefront of manipulating the staff.

Couple that with MM no doubt telling Jerry how he can work with Moore to get it right.

Blind leading the blind, and then there's Dan Quinn.

Bingo. MM is just another coach on Jerry's staff. And many why the franchise can't win no matter how much talent we procure. The organization is completely dysfunctional .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No off season for the Haters! We could win a SB and they'd ask, Yeah, but can we win two in a row like King Jimmy!

I'll say the same thing I said when Rocky made a similar statement about "haters": I sincerely hope I live long enough to test that theory.

But for starters, how about getting beyond the divisional round sometime this century?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say the same thing I said when Rocky made a similar statement about "haters": I sincerely hope I live long enough to test that theory.

But for starters, how about getting beyond the divisional round sometime this century?
No amount of my complaints will make a difference, so I just enjoy the games. Been around way too much football.....I learned my lesson...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
No amount of my complaints will make a difference, so I just enjoy the games. Been around way too much football.....I learned my lesson...

I like McCarthy and Quinn. In my opinion, Jerry only needs to get out of their way. Moore was clearly struggling towards the end of last season and needed McCarthy to take over play-calling. (Not the end of the world. Happened to Sean Payton at one point. Mike Holmgren relinquished play-calling during the Packers Super Bowl season.) But I don’t think McCarthy felt he could interfere.