Jerry on CeeDee - I'm only talking about who is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score
We all do, they both are under contract.
And that has never stopped Teams (Cowboys to a lesser extent) cutting players before contracts are up...

Owners have groomed this Generation of NFL fans very well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nah. If Lamb doesn't sign by week one, Jerry isn't caving to him. Emmitt had already proved we needed him to win a Super Bowl by his holdout. Ceedee hasn't proven jack. It's important to have your #1 WR, obviously, but let him go ahead and lose millions.
Jerry thought Aikman could carry the team without him. He was wrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is starting to remind me of the Emmitt Smith holdout. I hope it gets done soon.
LOL, yeah, is Jerry going to wait until the losses start piling up this time too? But just to clarify, it was the Emmitt Smith situation. He wasn't holding out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's easy to say before the losses start coming.
I don't really believe the losses mean anything. We are not a SB contending team.

If we can't sign Dak we are in 100% rebuild mode, whether we like it or not. I don't see the point of signing CD without Dak.

We will need to trade CD to acquire picks to draft Dak's replacement. The money saved on CD will allow us to resign T. Smith and Bland.

We already lost Sam Williams, now Bland. We are not a SB team.

mathew1184

Reaction score
LOL, yeah, is Jerry going to wait until the losses start piling up this time too? But just to clarify, it was the Emmitt Smith situation. He wasn't holding out.
Oh ok, I started watching the Cowboys in 1994 and I read about the situation in Emmitt’s book around that time. I was 10 so my memory is kind of fuzzy. Thanks for the clarification.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't really believe the losses mean anything. We are not a SB contending team.

If we can't sign Dak we are in 100% rebuild mode, whether we like it or not. I don't see the point of signing CD without Dak.

We will need to trade CD to acquire picks to draft Dak's replacement. The money saved on CD will allow us to resign T. Smith and Bland.

We already lost Sam Williams, now Bland. We are not a SB team.
I don't believe we're a contender. If we're lucky I think we can be 8-9 or 9-8 and that's if certain teams are not as good as they appear. But Jerry likes to sell hope. Once the team crashes and the media who are already on CeeDee and Dak's side go against him will he have the courage to actually rebuild? ;

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't believe we're a contender. If we're lucky I think we can be 8-9 or 9-8 and that's if certain teams are not as good as they appear. But Jerry likes to sell hope. Once the team crashes and the media who are already on CeeDee and Dak's side go against him will he have the courage to actually rebuild? ;
The rebuilding has likely already started. We started with our OLine. Next years draft is loaded at RB. Both a good OLine and a good RB are needed for a young QB and a SB run.

Let Dak walk. Trade CD. Give Trance a year to prove himself for ***** and giggles. We most likely end up with a top 10 pick if not higher.

Resign Parsons. The money saved from CD resign T. Smith and Bland if he has recovered.

Continue invest in the middle of the defense. Defense wins Championships.

SB contending teams have a good OLine and can run the ball. They can also stop then run and keep the score down in the 20 point range.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Jerry thought Aikman could carry the team without him. He was wrong.
Difference with Jerry now is that back then he wanted to win and keep winning. He isn't motivated so much above being competitive today. Then again, he tried to pay a fortune to keep Randy Gregory.

Mr_437

Reaction score
CeeDee will get what he wants. Play if he wants too, but the Amari Cooper revenge is going to remind Jerry, Dak needs a WR1.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If Jerry still can’t decide to rebuild or run this thing back, then we are truly hosed for a few more years.

It’s difficult to pull off the quiet retool/rebuild without admitting it. You win the division and the 2nd seed in the conference. Your QB has a very good season against most teams except the highest end competition and comes in runner up MVP and 2nd team All-Pro. You get to play at least 2 games at home if you win. You draw the number 7 seed that was 9-8 for the season, and are favored to win. Your team gets annihilated, until the opponent puts all reliever defenders in, so that your QB/offense can pretend they didn’t spend the whole day getting bent over.

This is the latest example of getting ***** slapped out of the playoffs-QB now has lots of history of this with teams built around him. The soon to be 31 year old QB and the much younger star receiver have contracts that end after the coming season. Young star defender about to be in line for big extension. QB will be entering year 9 with the club, and future plans/decisions need to be made.

Knowing the historical probability of a QB like yours reaching even a conference championship game is zero, you make the decision to eventually move on from the QB. You checked around to see who might be willing to pay a large draft capital trade and mega contract and realize the teams willing would not be teams the QB would agree to be traded to. If you cut the QB, you receive no draft compensation AND you still must pay a huge dead cap hit. You decide to let the contract run out, so that you at least get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick. If a miracle happens, and the QB plays fantastic in the postseason and the team wins the SB-you make a record breaking contract offer. The young wide receiver can be franchise tagged at least twice after this upcoming season, so no need to pull punches with his contract offer.

You realize that even with lots of expensive updates the team has a next to zero chance of accomplishing every team’s ultimate goal, so you do relatively little in free agency and the trade market. You draft new lineman to replace older veterans already gone and about to go. You state that you are having good conversations repeatedly with both of the players, but offer much less than it would take to sign the players. You do this until it becomes apparent that the season can carry on without them for all you care. Then you state that you will only talk about the players currently present. You can state that you made good offers, but ultimately could not make the deals work.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

aww. Look at that face. Look at those eyes. Someone did their job and asked him a question one too many times.

Good work to whomever got under his skin. That is how EVERY question should be posed to him. And someone PLEASE return to asking him about his qualifications as a general manager on every occasion too.

rags747

Reaction score
aww. Look at that face. Look at those eyes. Someone did their job and asked him a question one too many times.

Good work to whomever got under his skin. That is how EVERY question should be posed to him. And someone PLEASE return to asking him about his qualifications as a general manager on every occasion too.
Love me some Jerry, Enjoy! Ty…

Cowboys93

Reaction score
So we don’t sign outside talent because we’re a home grown team, yet we pull teeth when it’s time to pay those home grown talents that actually pan out. Why would anyone want to play for this dude??

tunahelper

Reaction score
Significantly worse situation for CD.

1. We are not a SB contending team.
2. Jerry has not decided yet on whether to rebuild or continuing to hang out at the rim.
3. If Dak walks, CD will need to be traded for draft picks to acquire our next QB.

If we start off 0-2 it makes Jerry decision easier to rebuild. It will not force him to pay more money to CD.
If Dak does not resign before the season he risks being exposed without Ceedee.

What will the narrative be if Dallas stumbles out of the gate 0-2 and Dak and the offense are not struggling?

No ground game to save Dak and he cannot move the chains without elite recievers.

ghst187

Reaction score
Jerry is everyday proof that many or most billionaires got lucky rather than being intelligent.
His problem is he thinks he was the smart one and he doesn’t understand he’s one of the rich idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.