Jerry on Cowboys popularity despite not reaching SB since 95 - “If it gets a little slow, I know how to stir it up.”

wrongway

Reaction score
There is more than one thing that could impact his mindset. That said, I wish anyone and everyone who honestly believe impacting his wallet was the sole option would finally organize in significant numbers and make an attempt to justify that belief. I am being 100% sincere stating that.

And to clarify significant numbers, I am referring to 'enough' consumers cutting into line items such as $109 million in ticket revenue by 35% to 45% minimum for several years. Jerry Jones is the same man who never blinked in 2020, seeing ticket revenue drop to $20 million.
He' be just as happy with opposing teams fans completely filling up the stadium. So long as it's full. He clearly does not mind be a laughing stock.

Cydios

Reaction score
maybe keeping us on the leash this long is what's psychologically working? I wonder if Dallas loses it's popularity if it wins the SB. Kinda the sigh of relief.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but I see football as entertainment. I've been a Dallas Fan since Danny White days. Me and my son go to a Dallas Game every year win or lose. We get our moneys worth with the memories. Sure a Super bowl would be nice but that's not what gathers friends and family together..

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but I see football as entertainment. I've been a Dallas Fan since Danny White days. Me and my son go to a Dallas Game every year win or lose. We get our moneys worth with the memories. Sure a Super bowl would be nice but that's not what gathers friends and family together..
You don't need football for that.

It's a sport to me, a competition, and the goal of any competition is to win. I can be entertained, even by losing seasons, as long as I KNOW that everything is being done to get better. That's not what we have in Big D.

So why don't I "find another team", because I was here long before Jerry, and once I put my loyalty into a team it stays there. Jerry will eventually pass on, and if Little Stevie assumes the GM role then it will be time to move on from football period as I won't have enough life left to waste on that hopeless situation.

In short, Jerry's inevitable mortality is the only "hope" I have right now that the Cowboys ever compete again.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoff-wise we haven't done much at all. 8 playoff games total?
The Cowboys have made the playoffs 12 times in the last 27 years since we last won a SB. In those 12 playoff appearances, we are 5-12, winning 5 wild card games, and unbelievably are 0-7 in divisional round playoff games.

That means we’ve had 7 chances in 27 years to go to an NFC Championship game and have whiffed on all 7. Our two current biggest rivals in the NFC have done this in the last 27 years:
  • Niners: have made the playoffs 11 times, with a record of 15-11, are 7-3 in divisional round games, and 2-5 in NFC championships, and 0-2 in SBs.
  • eagLes: have made the playoffs 17 times with a record of 16-15, are 7-3 in divisional round games, and 3-4 in NFC championship games, 1-2 in SBs.
So forgive me if I have come to the conclusion that our 81 year old GM doesn’t know how to put together a playoff roster powerhouse without help from a HOF HC. His talk is far beyond his ability to deliver anything on the field of playoff substance.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well this disproves all the theories that is going or is, senile. The man clearly has all his faculties intact, and doesn't give a crap about anything but the mighty green