Twitter: Jerry on Dak: Evolving into NFL QB, "Picture Perfect"

mardwin

Reaction score
This so incredibly wrong, and so out of touch with the reality of the league. Goff and Cousins make 33, and you're going to sit here with a straight face and say that Dak isn't worth $35.

There is just no way this line of thinking comes from anybody who watches football.

The market is determined by those that are "WILLING" to pay the price. Goff got $33M after taking the Rams to the Superbowl; there's justification for that contract. And Cousins earned $33M by the Vikings bidding against themselves, the Commanders were not willing to give him a long term extension nobody else was pulling the trigger. Signing Dak is not the issue, giving him a salary like he is a "Picture Perfect QB" is the problem.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The market is determined by those that are "WILLING" to pay the price. Goff got $33M after taking the Rams to the Superbowl; there's justification for that contract. And Cousins earned $33M by the Vikings bidding against themselves, the Commanders were not willing to give him a long term extension nobody else was pulling the trigger. Signing Dak is not the issue, giving him a salary like he is a "Picture Perfect QB" is the problem.
Goff and Cousins suck. Dak is good. The rest doesn't matter.

There's just no world in which he makes less than those two.

mardwin

Reaction score
Goff and Cousins suck. Dak is good. The rest doesn't matter.

There's just no world in which he makes less than those two.

I watched both Goff and Dak play this season and to assess that Dak is good but Goff is bad is the perfect example of "HOMERISM". Both QBs are slightly above average neither justify a $30M+ contract.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
This is such a silly take.
We have at top 10 pick.
We can easily fix a lot of the defensive problems with this draft alone and some key FA signings.

Imagine if we draft another Diggs. He had a pretty big impact in his rookie year. Gallimore was flashing towards the end. If we sign Dak. We HAVE to have good drafts but we can. So this whole idea of if we pay Dak we cant get better on defence is a joke.
This is the problem than many forget when y'all have the Anti Dak/Pro Dak screaming matches.

The same folks who say you can't spend a top pick on a QB, they're liable to bust seem to think that the same doesn't apply to said defensive player y'all want Dallas to draft.

College ball players bust, it's a proven fact. For every Myles/Donald there are Doing Jordan's and Eli Apples. Throwing a 1st on a defender is not much more of a guarantee than on a QB.

The FA/Cap room argument can go either way until we all see some more definitive numbers, but both sides have some decent arguments as well pertaining to the money. But again, FA is also a huge gamble.

Last edited:

mardwin

Reaction score
I do, and but again please explain in what world Dak is better than Rodgers or anywhere close to that? I get inflation but Jesus, 40 million for a guy who cannot read defenses? It's pure speculation as are the contracts given out to Watson, Matt Ryan. I get paying a guy after he has achieved something but sheesh this is frigging insane.

Anyone that believes Jerry had any influence in the success of the 90s hasn't been paying attention the last 25 years. He made Zeke the highest-paid RB like he was paying Emmitt, paid DeMarcus Lawrence like he was Reggie White and now he wants to pay Dak like he is paying Tom Brady.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak is superior to Goff in every way. It's not even close.

Goff is more accurate than Dak and the only season with a losing record was his rookie year under Jeff Fisher. Not sure what this even close crap comes from when Dak hasn't even reached a conference championship game.

John813

Reaction score
Anyone that believes Jerry had any influence in the success of the 90s hasn't been paying attention the last 25 years. He made Zeke the highest-paid RB like he was paying Emmitt, paid DeMarcus Lawrence like he was Reggie White and now he wants to pay Dak like he is paying Tom Brady.

The highest paid QB got a deal of 450-503mil over 10 years.
Watson got 39mil a year deal.

If Dak signs for anywhere near 35mil its a good contract. Paying Brady would be talking over 40mil...

mardwin

Reaction score
The highest paid QB got a deal of 450-503mil over 10 years.
Watson got 39mil a year deal.

If Dak signs for anywhere near 35mil its a good contract

Anything beyond $30M is a bad deal.

mardwin

Reaction score
Does Deshaun Watson play at an elite level?

I take Watson any day of the week and twice on Sunday over Dak. Deshaun short-handed still makes his team better, that's the difference between an elite and a good QB. I did not see a drop off in WR production with Dak out, did you?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I take Watson any day of the week and twice on Sunday over Dak. Deshaun short-handed still makes his team better, that's the difference between an elite and a good QB. I did not see a drop off in WR production with Dak out, did you?
They went 4-12 and beat no teams with winning records lol. Watson was average, if not downright bad, against every capable defense they played (there was only 3). He didn't do anything of what you're inferring.

This is why I don't think you actually watch football. Just a totally garbage opinion.

Also, yes, there was a colossal dropoff in WR production when Dak went out. LMAO. You don't even need to watch to see that, just read box scores. CeeDee alone went from a 72.5 catch % and 10.83 yards/target to 63.4% and 7.07.

starfan1

Reaction score
Anyone expecting to see a better defense better not hold their breath.
while Dak's looming contract may have an impact on FA defensive signings you still have the ability to get better by drafting well. Not all teams that have good defenses do it through FA exclusively and i think that's where Dak's signing will impacts the most.

The rookie pool will still be there so to say that you cant sign Dak and get better defensively is blatantly false if that's what your referencing. The cowboys will be ok

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This so incredibly wrong, and so out of touch with the reality of the league. Goff and Cousins make 33, and you're going to sit here with a straight face and say that Dak isn't worth $35.

There is just no way this line of thinking comes from anybody who watches football.
I wish fans would just stop attempting to be contract experts.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That perfect picture he speaks of is Prescott showing up on TV so much while he's not even able to play. Picture Perfect is exactly what an owner all about the brand would say.