Twitter: Jerry on Dak: Evolving into NFL QB, "Picture Perfect"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’ll take Dak all day over Goff.

I don’t think Goff is even in the league at this point without that coach.

Goff is also a Coward. Dak may lack In skill but he has intangibles.

Well, to each his own but I'm telling you Catch, if Goff gets time in the pocket, he's deadly. If you hit him, he looks like a third string QB. It's not just the coach because he looked that way at Cal as well.

Dak does bring things to the table that Goff doesn't but then again, the reverse is also true. Dak can't throw the rock the way Goff can and that's just the truth of it. I mean, that's why you have different offenses and teams employee different schemes. I mean, it is what it is.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I’ll take Dak all day over Goff.

I don’t think Goff is even in the league at this point without that coach.

Goff is also a Coward. Dak may lack In skill but he has intangibles.

Goff is a much better passer than Dak.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All you have to do is put the career stats for Dak and Goff and Watson side by side. The sample size is large enough now. It is pretty clear what all 3 are.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak will have teams lined up to sign him to a $35 million contract if he hits free agency. What rock do you live under?

If that was true the phone would be ringing right for a trade. You are like Jerry he thinks this roster is full of all-pro talent but the reality they are just ok not great. Last year besides Jason Garrett, what was the excuse for not making the playoffs?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jethro is setting us up for a big contract. Lol

He was always going to cave..

Sad that he sucks so bad at his job and drug his feet when it’s inevitable that France will pimp slap him in the end.

They are from the Old NFL and they still think if your QB is decent then he’s a franchise player and you gotta bow down.

Times are changing though and we are a reactive bunch in Dallas.

Jerry used to be the trend setter.. Now he’s the overly conservative owner making smart decisions all the way to 8-8.

starfan1

Reaction score
Chiefs defense wasn’t that good.

Their offense put extreme pressure on opposing offenses causing them to be more aggressive.

Chiefs defense was solid at best and if we had their defense in 19 we would still have been 8-8 most likely.

well you hang on to that thought but the reason they went to the SB was in large part to holding Henry to 69 yards rushing. and holding Brady to 169 yards passing. Now I'm not saying Mahomes hasn't taken over the current GOAT status lol. But if you think he is the only reason they were SB champs well I dont know what to tell you.

Dak will be just fine here if you fix the defense. Another moot point would be if not for the stupidity of San fran defense KC dont have that championship. Im glad they do because i hate San Fran but late brain farts by the defense allowed that win

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's really hard to figure how this guy made big bucks on oil contracts, the way he just gives away any leverage he may have in negotiations.

"I don't know how you could have any more leverage. Dak might be a picture postcard, so to speak. His evolving into an NFL quarterback has been nothing short of a perfect picture."

I get why his son does it - he didn't make his millions, daddy did. But Jerry has to know better. It's like he falls in love with players rather than doing business with their agents.

zerofill

Reaction score
We're gonna work hard.. Add some rookies.. Sign some scrubs..

That's the secret sauce recipe to never get better.

Well.. I think we do wear the crown of the most valuable franchise in sports, while also being consistently mediocre.
So I guess we gotta give Jerry props for maintaining that lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's really hard to figure how this guy made big bucks on oil contracts, the way he just gives away any leverage he may have in negotiations.

"I don't know how you could have any more leverage. Dak might be a picture postcard, so to speak. His evolving into an NFL quarterback has been nothing short of a perfect picture."

I get why his son does it - he didn't make his millions, daddy did. But Jerry has to know better. It's like he falls in love with players rather than doing business with their agents.
Because Jethro sees more returns from Dak than just on the field results. Dak is a good business decision on and off the field for our agenda driven owner.

He’s out in front hyping forking over a big contract.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well.. I think we do wear the crown of the most valuable franchise in sports, while also being consistently mediocre.
So I guess we gotta give Jerry props for maintaining that lol.
I can’t tell ya how excited I am Jethro is maintaining top Revenue despite the mediocre product on the field.

I really think we should start hanging banners and selling gear.
#1 in Revenue franchise of the Century.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
It's mind boggling we did not get this done. It is not even about what Jerry or fans etc...think Dak is worth. The MARKET dictates what he is worth. That is how it works. Jerry did not just buy the Cowboys yesterday, he should know better. Not only that...he just saw how this played out in Washington....so we should not have fallen into the same trap. There is a reason that the Cowboys and Commanders (along with the Lions) are the only team to not play in the NFC title game in the last 25 years.

We had no problem paying Dak 500k/year when he was winning 13 games. Then when it is time for him to FINALLY get paid is when all the problems start. What had the Lions paid Stafford over the years? What has it gotten them? It does not matter, franchise QBs get paid for being franchise QBs. How did the Texans do this year? Do you think the Texans regret paying Desean Watson? There are tons of examples like this. Whether we like it or not...this is how business in the NFL is conducted.

You could argue they are ALL overpaid....INCLUDING the owners....but it is what it is. So if this the business you want to be in...this is the price you pay.
Yall do understand that Jerry and Stephen offered Dak exact market value long before the deadline Dak wanted to set the precedence he and his cruddy agent with the amount of years plus over the guaranteed money they were asking. Jerry didn't cave to the 4 year deal and Dak bet on himself and paid dearly. I doubt he's going to get even what they offered before especially coming off a horrific injury. I don't fault the kid but I wouldn't have left all that guaranteed money on the table over 1 year contract length.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some here swear Dak is an elite QB. I think he's a good QB but nowhere near elite.
Elite is a subjective term.

Some would define Elite as SB caliber , MVP or at least consistently leading the league in passing , setting NFL records and or a consistent SB contender year after year. None of which Dak has achieved yet.

Dak is what I’d describe more as “ franchise “ QB. Which about half of the QB’s in the league are. He’s someone you’d invest in and try to build around.

The bigger discussion is how much do you invest. Is he in the top 5 -10 or more in the better of the rest bunch. Like 10-15 range. Again that can be subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

But it’s a defining moment because it tells how much he’s expected to elevate those around him or allow more to surround him.

mardwin

Reaction score
Elite is a subjective term.

Some would define Elite as SB caliber , MVP or at least consistently leading the league in passing , setting NFL records and or a consistent SB contender year after year. None of which Dak has achieved yet.

Dak is what I’d describe more as “ franchise “ QB. Which about half of the QB’s in the league are. He’s someone you’d invest in and try to build around.

The bigger discussion is how much do you invest. Is he in the top 5 -10 or more in the better of the rest bunch. Like 10-15 range. Again that can be subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

But it’s a defining moment because it tells how much he’s expected to elevate those around him or allow more to surround him.

You can't build around a guy that doesn't make anyone better. That's the problem, you build around a guy that has upside and he has a lot of limitations.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can't build around a guy that doesn't make anyone better. That's the problem, you build around a guy that has upside and he has a lot of limitations.
I understand but thats not for us to decide. All we can do is critique once the decision has been made and for how much.

Dak has shown to be very serviceable with all the right pieces around him. But we must have enough money to keep those pieces in place after paying him while beefing up the defense.

Unless we believe he’s prepared to take the next step without an All Pro OL, top 5 WR and RB. Then you open up the checkbook.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well you hang on to that thought but the reason they went to the SB was in large part to holding Henry to 69 yards rushing. and holding Brady to 169 yards passing. Now I'm not saying Mahomes hasn't taken over the current GOAT status lol. But if you think he is the only reason they were SB champs well I dont know what to tell you.

Dak will be just fine here if you fix the defense. Another moot point would be if not for the stupidity of San fran defense KC dont have that championship. Im glad they do because i hate San Fran but late brain farts by the defense allowed that win
Good analysis !

Mahomes deserves credit but not all of it.