Twitter: Jerry on Dak: Evolving into NFL QB, "Picture Perfect"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really difficult to measure with our dysfunctional organization. They have to know better than anyone Daks limitations and how much he’s dependent on Elite supporting cast but there’s the “Jethro effect “that bothers me.

Dak provides that “ it factor” for Jethro by remaining relevant. And Daks a popular piece with the fans. #1 in jersey sales and on about every commercial. There’s always the business side with our ownership. Not just about football.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because the cap is now dropping to $175M or so. :muttley: Worst time ever to cave now.
not really as the cap can be structured to give Dak his least amount of money year one increase year two and get big guaranteed amount year 3 which is supposed to be the biggest the cap has ever been with new TV contracts etc

not saying give i too anything he wants but its possible in the structure same overall amount but start small and increase..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's really hard to figure how this guy made big bucks on oil contracts, the way he just gives away any leverage he may have in negotiations.

"I don't know how you could have any more leverage. Dak might be a picture postcard, so to speak. His evolving into an NFL quarterback has been nothing short of a perfect picture."

I get why his son does it - he didn't make his millions, daddy did. But Jerry has to know better. It's like he falls in love with players rather than doing business with their agents.
It's not like saying this changes anything. Everyone knows Dak has the leverage.

Read through a less "everything Jerry says and does sucks" lens, it's a compliment to Dak and a show of good faith.

Section446

Reaction score
Dak will lead us to the Dallas Cowboys promised land... 8-8 every year. That's exactly the type of QB that Dak is and exactly the type of organization the former America's Team is... AVERAGE.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's not like saying this changes anything. Everyone knows Dak has the leverage.

Read through a less "everything Jerry says and does sucks" lens, it's a compliment to Dak and a show of good faith.

LOL...... Everyone!

:laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It’s really difficult to measure with our dysfunctional organization. They have to know better than anyone Daks limitations and how much he’s dependent on Elite supporting cast
As opposed to?

Deshaun Watson is the best comp in the league for Dak, and the Texans went 4-12. How elite was Aaron Rodgers last year with Davante Adams out (hint: not very)? How elite has Russ Wilson looked since Lockett got banged up (hint: not very).

This is such a dumb line of criticism to Dak.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
not really as the cap can be structured to give Dak his least amount of money year one increase year two and get big guaranteed amount year 3 which is supposed to be the biggest the cap has ever been with new TV contracts
not saying give i too anything he wants but its possible in the structure same overall amount but start small and increase..

What’s the least amount of money Dak would accept in year one of a 4 yr contract?
Remember. DAK can just not sign anything and he gets 37.5 MIL FULLY GUARANTEED for one year. Or he gets released and gets the supposedly giant mega deal he wants elsewhere. Oh, and as of today DAL has 27 MIL in cap space. Not even enough if they wanted to give him the tag. They have to dump players just to get over that hump.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What’s the least amount of money Dak would accept in year one of a 4 yr contract?
Remember. DAK can just not sign anything and he gets 37.5 MIL FULLY GUARANTEED for one year. Or he gets released and gets the supposedly giant mega deal he wants elsewhere. Oh, and as of today DAL has 27 MIL in cap space. Not even enough if they wanted to give him the tag. They have to dump players just to get over that hump.
it will be guaranteed for 3 years no matter what so it wont matter..

hypothetically if its 4 year 35million deal he will get like 105 guaranteed so no matter the structure as long as he receives 105 the first 3 years it doesnt matter..

IDC what you think or what dak thinks hes worth if he turns it down good riddens as on the NEFT he can seek offers and of he wants to play hard ball lets see what teams run to offer 2 firsts and pay him 40mil..

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Goff and Cousins suck. Dak is good. The rest doesn't matter.

There's just no world in which he makes less than those two.

Cousins sucks?

Then Dak is terrible.

But, you said the guy who had 12 games with a passer rating over 100, while leading the league in yards and yards per attempt, was just average. So, I'll bow down to your expertise. lol

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
it will be guaranteed for 3 years no matter what so it wont matter..

hypothetically if its 4 year 35million deal he will get like 105 guaranteed so no matter the structure as long as he receives 105 the first 3 years it doesnt matter..

IDC what you think or what dak thinks hes worth if he turns it down good riddens as on the NEFT he can seek offers and of he wants to play hard ball lets see what teams run to offer 2 firsts and pay him 40mil..

I don’t think DAL can do 4 yrs. They can’t even pay him 35 MIL right now for one single year without dumping numerous players to get to that number and lets face it, this team blows.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Obviously nothing that is said here will have any bearing whatsoever on what the negotiations and the ultimate price tag ends up being. My take has always been consistent. Dak and his agent have to sign a long term deal that helps with the cap or leave town. Even as much as people piss and moan about the Zeke, Amari and Jaylon deals they all give the team an out at various points along the way.. I think the Lawrence, Tyron, Collins and Zack deals all do as well. I don't doubt for one second that they can do what they need to do to get whatever deal they reach under the cap. The only question is whether they can structure it to allow the flexibility to continue to get better short term and make a serious run at this thing. We should have our answers pretty soon.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well.. I guess the alternative then is Goff is better because he got his team to a Super Bowl and beat Dak H2H in a playoff game as well as opening day this year.

Or we could just use common sense and say Dak is better but both guys go as their team goes.

Trailers.

Actually, I still think we got screwed out of a win in game 1 against the Rams. Dak threw a dime on the now infamous play to Gallup.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Actually, I still think we got screwed out of a win in game 1 against the Rams. Dak threw a dime on the now infamous play to Gallup.

Don't forget McCarthy's brain dead decision not to kick the FG in the 4th that would have tied the game.. meaning on that late drive all we would have needed was a FG to win the game. The only thing worse than going for it on 4th down there was throwing a 3 yard pass on 4th and 4 then expecting your 180 pound rookie receiver to break a tackle .. Okay .. maybe Lamb goes 185 but that's my final offer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think DAL can do 4 yrs. They can’t even pay him 35 MIL right now for one single year without dumping numerous players to get to that number and lets face it, this team blows.
i just told you how..we shall see

no oner knows..dak may have softened a bit post injury etc..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't forget McCarthy's brain dead decision not to kick the FG in the 4th that would have tied the game.. meaning on that late drive all we would have needed was a FG to win the game. The only thing worse than going for it on 4th down there was throwing a 3 yard pass on 4th and 4 then expecting your 180 pound rookie receiver to break a tackle .. Okay .. maybe Lamb goes 185 but that's my final offer.

Agreed, that could've changed the outcome of the game. And if our defence could stop a reverse, we probably could've beaten Cleveland. That gets us to 8-8 instead of 6-10. That would've clinched the division. Oh, if our defence could stop a nosebleed and if Zeke doesn't take a safety, we would've beaten Seattle. 9-7 if all results stay the same, but that was one of a few games coming into the season I thought we might lose. So, that'd easily have clinched our division even if Dak were to still have gone down. Now, that'd have sucked for us to have to watch Dalton try to win a playoff game, which he's never done. Just goes to show how much Dak means to this team. Obviously, like any QB, it'd help him to have a defence, but Dak's leadership and abilities are good for more wins than his absence would've caused. Oh, and think Dak would've lost to the likes of the Cardinals (they spanked us, because we couldn't throw a pass), Philly in Philly with how Wentz was playing, and gotten swept by Washington? Nah, I don't think so. Oh, and I think we would've beaten Pittsburgh if Dak played that game.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
i just told you how..we shall see

no oner knows..dak may have softened a bit post injury etc..
DAL can’t do what your claiming right now. They don’t have the coin. Yes, maybe he softened but with the acquisition of his new agent who is notorious for going for the throat I doubt it.
Dak knows right now that,
He will be paid 37.5 MIL FULLY GUARANTEED if he just sits back and says no to everything hes offered and then will get a Cousins like contract the following year. Or.....
He will be released or traded and get the Cousins like contract even sooner.