Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol Jerry that's the truth, our old offense, and we're paying a QB that you knew you were going to pay 60 million. Why get him and we want Dak to throw the ball and give us our 60 million dollars worth of play. The Cowboys had a plan, the plan was to not be good, getting a Henry would cause the ball to be out of Dak's hands.

vlad

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Well Risen there are many posters on this forum that insist signing Henry would be a waste and he wouldn't have added value here. Maybe Jerry has a bunch of ghost accounts.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Well Risen there are many posters on this forum that insist signing Henry would be a waste and he wouldn't have added value here. Maybe Jerry has a bunch of ghost accounts.
I'm wondering if some of these Henry naysayers are even interested in trying to get better. I'm negative as can be towards the Cowboys because they've earned it, but I still want to try and get better. Signing Henry was the fourth biggest no brainer of the off-season, behind firing the GM, not signing Dak, and firing the HC.

foofighters

Reaction score

This says more about Jerry and Jerry's leadership (or lack thereof) than anything else. It's what irritated me about JG. JG wanted players to fit his system and not the other way around. Good leadership does just the opposite. It's not hard.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Would've only cost $6 mil to find out.