Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm wondering is some of these Henry naysayers are even interested in trying to get better. I'm negative as can be towards the Cowboys because they've earned it, but I still want to try and get better.
Yeah this is the issue. Jerry can say and do all the dumb stuff he wants, but the root of it all is that the Cowboys did almost nothing to try and improve this team from the 2023 version. I can't blame anyone for being negative this season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, the Cowboys have a RB who fits their offfense?
hell yeah, we've got one that's 4 ft tall, one that USED to be a great force, one that we won't even give a chance, and a guy that had a great game and we didn't let him play as much because of that great FORCE

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
What kind of offence do we run? One that revolves a 4'2 son on a staffer? One that revolves around a 30-year-old who lives in the body of a 70-year-old? I dunno, maybe Dak wouldn't have hurt his pinky last game, and maybe Lamb would have time to run a route when Cyborg is on the field? SMH

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm just glad we have a topic that can unite the board in anger! Lol.
Post of the morning, this feels good, instead of all the happiness, we're tired of the junk we're seeing on the TV from this team, it's time for us to stand together and to say how we're feeling

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In other words Jerry,

thats-cap-1fddc34be9.jpg

And he knows it.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Is this the same argument that we used for not drafting TJ Watt and taking Taco Charlton? Shouldn't a great coach be able to take great players and adjust their system for the players? Our RBs are pure trash. Dowdle would probably be a backup for most teams but the other guys on the roster may not even belong in the league, except for Luepke (you can't run a running game solely through a FB) . Zeke needs cut and if Dalvin Cook can't beat out Zeke then he needs to be shown the door too. Start raiding other team's practice squads for RBs and hope you get lucky. Anyone we sign can't be any worse than Zeke. Poor guy has absolutely no burst left.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Well, Jerry, you friggin' dumb idiot, neither you or the fans will ever get to find out because you decided to sit around with your thumb up your butt.

Is it possible to dislike someone more and more as each day passes? I really can't stand this man and wish he would just keep his mouth shut....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this the same argument that we used for not drafting TJ Watt and taking Taco Charlton? Shouldn't a great coach be able to take great players and adjust their system for the players? Our RBs are pure trash. Dowdle would probably be a backup for most teams but the other guys on the roster may not even belong in the league, except for Luepke (you can't run a running game solely through a FB) . Zeke needs cut and if Dalvin Cook can't beat out Zeke then he needs to be shown the door too. Start raiding other team's practice squads for RBs and hope you get lucky. Anyone we sign can't be any worse than Zeke. Poor guy has absolutely no burst left.
what is a coach, and our coach flies in a helicopter to practice and does a radio show Tuesday mornings and after games

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Perhaps Henry wouldn't be getting some of the yards he's getting in Bmore.......but he wouldn't be 37th in rushing, for sure.
Exactly.......no way hell, anyone can say he wouldn't help this offense. Now is possible Jerry is saying he wouldn't help enough to justify his contract coz we wouldn't give as many carries ........coz of Dak needs to earn his $60M.

9of11

Reaction score
Jerry is right about one thing, Henry wouldnt be having that kind of year with our offensive line....He's admitting our Oline is not good...and of course he drafted the players on our oline....He needs to go...