Twitter: Jerry on Garrett "I think we've got a heck of a coach."

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Google translation app:

Jerry: "You see his sincerity. You see his commitment. No one works as hard or harder than he does."

He doesn't really do anything or help the team win games, but his attendance and punctuality rates are high. He shows up to work every day.

Jerry: "Garrett has a lot of football savvy."

There's no way to statistically quantify "savvy", please don't look at his actual stats.

Jerry: "I think we've got a heck of a coach."

His hiring and continued employment is a direct reflection of me so for me to be legitimate, he has to be legitimate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why would you wait until the end of the season? It’s not like it hits the cap.
Because his current contract is good until the end of the season. Do you not believe grown men can have the understanding to honor contracts?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Most fan bases understand what the vote of confidence means. This one doesn't seem to grasp it too well.

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
IDK...maybe Jerry is just thinking he just wont pay him and the situation will resolve itself.

14_6.png

stiletto

Reaction score
And people think Garrett's on the hot seat. A division title gets him an extension.

Both can be true right now. He can be on the hot seat/end up not retained and he could also earn himself an extension if the team balls out. Both are still in play at this point. It's not over either way yet but it also isn't looking as rosey for Garrett as it could be say if he were 8-1 right now....

Sydla

Reaction score
You live in denial. Jerry was always going to extend Jason Garrett once this season concluded. You are just fooling yourself to think otherwise. :muttley:

There is a very good chance Garrett is not extended if he doesn't make the playoffs.

Jerry is loyal but he isn't stupid. He knows it's a bottom line hurting move to try to sell to his fanbase that Garrett is the guy if he can't make the playoffs with a team Jerry claimed was SB caliber.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not just talk. I know most of you want to believe it is, but it’s not.

We went through this all five years ago with Garrett’s last lame-duck season. Right before the 5 year extension.

It doesn’t mean Jerry won’t try to upgrade if a guy is available. But he really does like the guy he’s got. For a lot of pretty good reasons, too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

We went through this all five years ago with Garrett’s last lame-duck season. Right before the 5 year extension.

It doesn’t mean Jerry won’t try to upgrade if a guy is available. But he really does like the guy he’s got. For a lot of pretty good reasons, too.

Jason Garrett’s last extension came after a 12-4 season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because his current contract is good until the end of the season. Do you not believe grown men can have the understanding to honor contracts?

This makes no sense.

Giving Jason an extension would be honoring the contract.

It happens all the time. Guys get rewarded for good performances before their existing contracts expire.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is a very good chance Garrett is not extended if he doesn't make the playoffs.

Jerry is loyal but he isn't stupid. He knows it's a bottom line hurting move to try to sell to his fanbase that Garrett is the guy if he can't make the playoffs with a team Jerry claimed was SB caliber.
You're just fooling yourself. Stop trying to make sense.

Sydla

Reaction score

He went 12-4 in his lame duck season. That's why he got his extension. Jerry used that season to justify a 5 year contract.

There's little chance Jason Garrett is our head coach if he went 7-9 in 2014. Jerry would have moved on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This makes no sense.

Giving Jason an extension would be honoring the contract.

It happens all the time. Guys get rewarded for good performances before their existing contracts expire.
Jerry has never done that with Jason Garrett before. They have a working understanding. One contract at a time.