Twitter: Jerry on Garrett "I think we've got a heck of a coach."

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep.
Jerry’s telling you what he’s going to do.
I cant wait to hear your when Lincoln Riley is announced as the new HC after Garrett falls on his face again and Stephen lets him walk.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He went 12-4 in his lame duck season. That's why he got his extension. Jerry used that season to justify a 5 year contract.

There's little chance Jason Garrett is our head coach if he went 7-9 in 2014. Jerry would have moved on.

Jerry isn’t making a $30+MM hiring decision based on this year’s win/loss record guys. Come on.

He knows and likes what he’s got in Garrett. He’ll upgrade if he thinks one is available. They’ll do a shorter extension if one isn’t but he’s really unhappy with this season. Or he’ll just re-up for five more years if he’s happy with what he’s got.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just have to note how meaningless this is. Jerry hasn't given him an extension. Since he isn't going to replace Garrett in season, he doesn't want to undermine Jason now. The team already seems to be bucking the coaching staff. If Jerry green lights complaints about the coach, what is left of the season will go down in flames.

Saying something positive about Garrett right now is smart. Extending him after the season is not. I'll save my fire until the latter.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant wait to hear your when Lincoln Riley is announced as the new HC after Garrett falls on his face again and Stephen lets him walk.

You’ll be disappointed. If they hire another qualified coach, I’ll just root for him. And when you guys turn on him after his second loss, I’ll start making the same arguments I make now for Garrett. Because you’re irrational in your evaluations. Like I did with Zimmer and Wade and Garrett.

If I don’t like the hire, I’ll say so.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You’ll be disappointed. If they hire another qualified coach, I’ll just root for him. And when you guys turn on him after his second loss, I’ll start making the same arguments I make now for Garrett. Because you’re irrational in your evaluations. Like I did with Zimmer and Wade and Garrett.

If I don’t like the hire, I’ll say so.
You're actually insane if you think Garrett is a good coach after the last 4 weeks. Im done with you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're actually insane if you think Garrett is a good coach after the last 4 weeks. Im done with you.

I don’t care if you’re “done with me.” And I don’t care if you have no idea how to evaluate a HC just because you’re really upset that your team lost a game. So, take care.

Redline360

Reaction score
I would love to work for the dallas coaching staff.

Week after week same schemes and no adjustments on defense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's happened once in his entire tenure. He coached a lame duck season, went 12-4 and got an extension.

I am not sure why you think it means more than it does. If Garrett had gone 7-9 in 2014, would he have been given an extension? Nope.
What did I tell you? Believe me now or believe me later, when it happens. You are just setting yourself up for massive disappointment by doing it your way.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t care if you’re “done with me.” And I don’t care if you have no idea how to evaluate a HC just because you’re really upset that your team lost a game. So, take care.

How to evaluate? How do you evaluate? I am actually curious. I evaluate by results. And this team has come out flat, uninspired, listless, and unprepared for weeks, for years actually. It is undisciplined and thinks they are special because they are the Cowboys. It took ANOTHER TEAMS head coach to motivate this team to play their most complete game of season. Who does that fall on? The players? Or the coaches? Who PREPARES the team? Coaching right? So where is the preparation? Non existent. Like your favourite head coaches skills at his job.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Ah yes, the bi-weekly Jerry forced compliments on his coach. He has to come up with something different every time. Next, we will hear him talk about Garrett being an innovator and trailblazer in the league.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Stephen literally has no say in the Head Coaching hire and he would tell you the exact same thing.

Welcome to Jerry's world, sir.

links18

Reaction score
No, Jerry, that's you had a heck of a coach and you chased him out of town 25 years ago.