Jerry on JG and the Eagles

Aven8

Reaction score
Direct quote:

"I'm impressed to understand the challenge it is to adjust and come up with a different way to use different personnel and win the games. They did it and it's worthy of recognition. I don't want to get into favorites, but I'm really proud that we have an NFC East team in there. That does make the difference. We've played them twice and know what kind of defense they've got. I wish them well."

So much for the stupid idea some people had for the concept that Jones cares that the Eagles and Lurie could win a Super Bowl.

I actually get this. It's similar to how I felt when OU made the final 4, even though I am not an OU fan, but a Big 12 fan and wanted someone familiar to get in.

I also kind of saw that as a dog to JG about how they could overcome injuries and adjust. The "adjust" statement was the key word. We didn't do that.

On another note I found the offensive scheming intriguing. Do you think they are working on 8 yard button hooks, or 10? ;)

willia451

Reaction score
I would like to think the owner of the franchise has a competitive spirit versus a division rival.

But then again, I am not a rich old man who hangs in the same circles.

If so, great. I just don't want anyone to ever post that they think that Jerry Jones actually cares and will be all motivated to win.

He doesn't care. Has not cared for a long time. He cares even less now that he has a gold jacket.

Now, all he wants is a legacy for his family.

I think he cared on some level about trying to get Romo to a SB. But now Romo is gone as well. So yeah. You're basically right.

He's elderly now. And just looking after the family legacy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually get this. It's similar to how I felt when OU made the final 4, even though I am not an OU fan, but a Big 12 fan and wanted someone familiar to get in.

I also kind of saw that as a dog to JG about how they could overcome injuries and adjust. The "adjust" statement was the key word. We didn't do that.

On another note I found the offensive scheming intriguing. Do you think they are working on 8 yard button hooks, of 10? ;)
I’m that way in the Big 12 now that A&M is gone. I usually root for NFC teams in SB except 49ers and our division rivals. But the Eagles with an empty SB trophy case is comforting .

Mostly I root against teams which can pass us in SB appearances and wins. And that might be what Jerry is doing. Kraft is afterall only owner this era with more rings.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I've been teetering for a while now on whether I want to continue being such a strong fan. It weighs on me more than I should let it. Comments like this from JJ definitely push me towards becoming a more casual fan. I missed watching 2 games this past season which was unacceptable before but not so much now...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Garrett's booty is warm, make no mistake.

I'd be more excited about that if I had confidence in the old man who will hire his replacement. People here will spend hours going on about young, rising coordinators until Jerry announces he's resurrected someone like Barry Switzer.

Zordon

Reaction score
Seriously this crap makes my blood boil. We're on the front lines taking heat from every angle (media, fans, trolls), even Tony Romo has been ridiculed to death the last week...yet our owner is somehow proud of this despicable Eagles franchise and fanbase? Wow...

Zordon

Reaction score
How many times have you personally been ridiculed by other fans regarding this picture?

image001.jpg

Guess what, our owner was "proud" of this moment as well.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/...e-opening-jerry-world/tckbFtya5hnfPcTVjERt4O/

Manning was great throwing for 330 yards and 2 touchdowns, along with leading a game-winning drive. After the game, he literally left his signature behind.

“We were blessed with Eli’s signature of the locker,” Jones said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Clarence Hill Jr. “And I’m proud of it. I’m proud of it. I wouldn’t take anything for it.”

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He’s hoping? That gives me hope that Jerry is saying JG is not a guarantee to get his job back in 2019 if he has another unsuccessful season.
I already said I’d bet anybody that Garrett won’t be the coach in 2019. I’m quite confident in that. He’d have to get to a conf championship to keep his job and I highly doubt that happens

Zordon

Reaction score
I already said I’d bet anybody that Garrett won’t be the coach in 2019. I’m quite confident in that. He’d have to get to a conf championship to keep his job and I highly doubt that happens
He's got 2 years left on his deal. I could see a scenario where we go one and done in the playoffs, Richard takes over next offseason and Jerry convinces himself that's enough to let Garrett finish out his contract.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'd be more excited about that if I had confidence in the old man who will hire his replacement. People here will spend hours going on about young, rising coordinators until Jerry announces he's resurrected someone like Barry Switzer.

You just summed up what is our fate is as Cowboys fans in the Post-Jimmy regime.

Jones will be there. No matter what.

Getting in the way.

But I want to be positive and say that it just doesn't matter.

It just doesn't matter.

All I want is a Tripper Harrison to make it happen.

Just once.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He's got 2 years left on his deal. I could see a scenario where we go one and done in the playoffs, Richard takes over next offseason and Jerry convinces himself that's enough to let Garrett finish out his contract.
Cowboys won’t tolerate another one and done from that loser. (2014 honestly should’ve been 1 and done as well).

StylisticS

Reaction score
Direct quote:

"I'm impressed to understand the challenge it is to adjust and come up with a different way to use different personnel and win the games. They did it and it's worthy of recognition. I don't want to get into favorites, but I'm really proud that we have an NFC East team in there. That does make the difference. We've played them twice and know what kind of defense they've got. I wish them well."

So much for the stupid idea some people had for the concept that Jones cares that the Eagles and Lurie could win a Super Bowl.
Like I said months ago. The giants winning two did not phase him. Why would the eagles winning phase him?