Twitter: Jerry on Kellen/Boise Job “The bottom line is, when it’s there, take it.”

Majic

Reaction score
Is it because he wants McCarthy to call the plays next season?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
*** is he talking about “two buzzards on a limb”? I know Jerry’s deep into his proverbial sayings, but they’re reaching new heights.

KM is good in all places but the red zone. Regardless, it will hurt to see him go.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So he wants KM to leave?

I wouldn’t say he necessarily wants Kellen to leave.

I’ve had employees leave for better opportunities. And even if they’re a great employee who I don’t want to see leave, I encourage them to do so and feel happy for them if it’s a better opportunity for them and their family.

It’s not personal. It’s business. Jerry understands that more than anyone.

Jipper

Reaction score
*** is he talking about “two buzzards on a limb”? I know Jerry’s deep into his proverbial sayings, but they’re reaching new heights.

KM is good in all places but the red zone. Regardless, it will hurt to see him go.

it’s actually a pretty logical analogy....meaning don’t wait for something to happen (die), go out and make it happen (kill it)

a bit crude but business man mentality Type of comment

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore was leaning in the UWA OC job before McC talked him into returning and I do not believe that was forced on him. I think he knew he needed some continuity and stability with all the changes going down.

Moore is a young man with a bright future but I believe that future is better realized at the college level and he seems like a good, down to earth young man and might just find coaching at BSU not as crazy as being in the fishbowl in Dallas. The players really seem to like and respect him and that will bode well in recruiting.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

He is referencing a classic cartoon. I believe "The Far Side". I can relate. I still say the same thing when i'm tired of being patient.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Lol wait until he gets well into his 80s.....

Itll get to where its 100% undeciferable.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If nothing else it sounds like Jerry isnt going to try to pay him off or talk him into staying.

I figured he would.

Remember the Ravens were all set to hire Jason Garrett instead of Harbaugh?

I can't even imagine how many things are different if that happened.

Motorola

Reaction score
I know we all say he is, but Jerry is no fool.

He understands this is Kellen's dream job. It is what it is.
And he can thank the Cowboys for setting him up for this opportunity if it materializes.
2015: practice squad QB - backup QB - starting QB
2016: backup QB- Injured Reserve
2017: practice squad QB
2018: QB coach
2019: Offensive Coordinator
2020: Retained as OC despite the HC change

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’ve had employees leave for better opportunities. And even if they’re a great employee who I don’t want to see leave, I encourage them to do so and feel happy for them if it’s a better opportunity for them and their family.

Wow you sound like a great person.

Pfffttttt.

sacase

Reaction score
Its just common sense. Don't pass up the opportunity when it comes. You have to take it.

pansophy

Reaction score
Jerry is loyal. If Kellen wants to be a head coach someday you don’t turn it down. If he wants to be an NFL head coach someday what better way to learn to be a head coach? Maybe Jerry is thinking in 4 years if McCarthy doesn’t work out they hire Kellen back as head coach.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Jerry knows KMoore has leverage.

A lot going on behind the scenes....