Jerry on Lance: I can see why the 49ers gave three 1s to draft him

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan pregame show on QB Trey Lance: "He's a great athlete. If we were really trying to win a game during the season, there’d be a different game plan. And you'd use his legs a lot. … You're gonna see Trey tonight working out of the pocket, working on his footwork. … I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft him."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan pregame show on QB Trey Lance: "He's a great athlete. If we were really trying to win a game during the season, there’d be a different game plan. And you'd use his legs a lot. … You're gonna see Trey tonight working out of the pocket, working on his footwork. … I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft him."

that's jerry to trying to pump up his value to get a draft pick in return from the next idiot.

gtb1943

Reaction score
something to think on:
outside of the second coming of John Elway or such, trading THAT many #1's for ANYONE is beyond stupid
BUT at the same time this is the team that was in the SB last year
So taking big risks is not automatically a ticket to five years of losing

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
the legs, the legs, the legs I am so tired of hearing about the legs of these "athletic" qb's

If you are reading defenses, reading the field, watching to see how your WR's are running their routes, and doing your checkdowns, dealing with a rush and more and you devote even 20% of your thinking power to "should I run" then you are detracting from your job as a QB.. There is a reason why players like Cunningham and Vick and Jackson have never made a SB. These players are good, but never great.

khiladi

Reaction score
the legs, the legs, the legs I am so tired of hearing about the legs of these "athletic" qb's

If you are reading defenses, reading the field, watching to see how your WR's are running their routes, and doing your checkdowns, dealing with a rush and more and you devote even 20% of your thinking power to "should I run" then you are detracting from your job as a QB.. There is a reason why players like Cunningham and Vick and Jackson have never made a SB. These players are good, but never great.
This post nails it. Legs are a tool for a QB to extend plays when things break down. The ball always travels faster than the feet.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:laugh:

KB1122

Reaction score
Lance seems like he has stuff to work on. But his arm strength and mobility remind me how bland our offense is with Dak.

Lance definitely doesn't throw the five yard pass as well as Dak. But he looks like he has an arm that can get it downhill even over the middle.

Throw the ball, Mike!

coogrfan

Reaction score
Lance seems like he has stuff to work on. But his arm strength and mobility remind me how bland our offense is with Dak.

Lance definitely doesn't throw the five yard pass as well as Dak. But he looks like he has an arm that can get it downhill even over the middle.

Throw the ball, Mike!
:rolleyes: