Jerry on Lance: I can see why the 49ers gave three 1s to draft him

KB1122

Reaction score
If he were just good as a change up qb, he'd be worth the 4th.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan pregame show on QB Trey Lance: "He's a great athlete. If we were really trying to win a game during the season, there’d be a different game plan. And you'd use his legs a lot. … You're gonna see Trey tonight working out of the pocket, working on his footwork. … I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft him."

Gosh Jerry shutup.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So the raiders QB was drafted in the 4th round. Yet we gave a 4th rounder for a QB that can't pass.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan pregame show on QB Trey Lance: "He's a great athlete. If we were really trying to win a game during the season, there’d be a different game plan. And you'd use his legs a lot. … You're gonna see Trey tonight working out of the pocket, working on his footwork. … I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft him."

Sounds like a man who is looking for a sucker.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry Jones traded down to pick Quincy, then traded back up later in the round.

That should factor into anything this man says about football. In his case, a clock is only right once every other day.

KB1122

Reaction score
If he can throw that skinny post over and over, and he has the arm for it.....

plasticman

Reaction score
"I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft him."

If Jerry actually believed the words coming out of his mouth it would be scary.

Jerry can see why they paid three #1's for him? Does this imply that he can't see why they were willing to let him go for a 4th?

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the trade. Instead of missing out on the next Charles Tapper or Reggie Robinson, there is a real opportunity to develop a potential productive QB or profit from some trade value.

However, statements like these are an insult to the intelligence of the average Cowboy fan.

Adreme

Reaction score
the legs, the legs, the legs I am so tired of hearing about the legs of these "athletic" qb's

If you are reading defenses, reading the field, watching to see how your WR's are running their routes, and doing your checkdowns, dealing with a rush and more and you devote even 20% of your thinking power to "should I run" then you are detracting from your job as a QB.. There is a reason why players like Cunningham and Vick and Jackson have never made a SB. These players are good, but never great.
I mean there is a Cam Newton sized elephant in the room that blows up your theory.