Twitter: Jerry: On sticking with Cooper Rush

Cowboys22

Reaction score
My wife don’t watch football you guys but she looks up at the screen and goes “I’ve never seen someone so happy to be on the sidelines than dak”.

fwiw

Funny, they showed a shot of Dak right before kickoff week 1 where he was sitting on the bench with his head down and he was fidgeting with his hat. When he looked up, he had a deer in the headlights look in his eyes and my girlfriend immediately yelled out “he’s nervous”. I was thinking the same exact thing and he played like it. I think he has too much pressure on him with his contract and injury and it affected him in week 1. We will see how he responds but I’m not optimistic. Now he will have the added pressure of people calling for Rush every time he loses or doesn’t play well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No doubt Dak needs to play better and if he cant deserves the ire of the fanbase....The owner/GM..well yeah its that guy...but seriously, so lets say you dont like Dak but you like the Cowboys..youre kinda in a tuff spot, your going to have to root for loses for a couple years or you hope like hell Dak can get whatever he had to start the season last year back...Stop it with Rush, thats silly, and "Move on from Dak" sure tell me how they even can?

Qcard

Reaction score
So either the Cowboys win games or we get controversy. Either way Jerry will enjoy the attention, so get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:
Jerry is a Marketing genius.

He hooked the QB Controversy jaw 2 weeks. Ago in the face of 0-1 start.

Jerry will drill this oops hole till they move the goalpost

Shane612

Reaction score
You know there's no way they're going to do that, right?
I guess it depends on where they are when Dak is ready to come back.
If Dak struggles when he come back...who knows?

bigE79

Reaction score
Dak better stay healthy and play smart and within the system like Rush is doing.

The goodwill is GONE. He has too much to prove and is being paid far too much to post mediocre results and fail to win games when it’s clear all that is needed at QB is a leader that can efficiently distribute the ball while leaning on the running game.

If Dak comes back and tries to put it all on his arm to “prove his value” he likely loses us some winnable games and further alienates and divides the media and fanbase.

Play smart Prescott. Make it about the team, not your need to appear elite. Just win games and everything else will fall into place
This is all we want,play within yourself, don't try to play hero ball,don't do anything stupid..beat a good team every once in awhile,be like rush and know your limitations... problem solved.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right answer Jerry, Dak is this starting QB, Rush is doing a good job, we are not scoring much but also not making a lot of mistakes.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
With the emergence of rookie Smith in the run game, back to 2014 and 2016 for our run first DNA please.

The NFC doesn't have a stand out team so if we stick to our formula, we can do it.

Don't get cute when you are back Dak, stay in lane and win as a team.

Cmac

Reaction score
Boo birds will be out in full force if Dak comes back rusty. Maybe even some more trash throwers.

Especially if Cooper Rush leads us to another win this weekend.
Can it wait until we Cooper against Rams or Eagles. You don't get a Neighborhood reputation beating up the little brother.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why would he not be happy, when they are winning.
He sees a running game starting to emerge. He sees the WR's start to make plays. The 2 young TE's look very good. OL is playing better, starting to gel.
So yeah, why would he not be happy.
I try and look past the smile and focus on the eyes.
His eyes show a man with a lot of concern.
Daks largest obstacle will be the mental part of the game and how he handles the adversity, and there is adversity brewing despite those that doubt this.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Even if Rush were to go 5-0 before Dak came back I hope Dak replaces him and does even better. I don't really think he will because he is what he is but I can always hope.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can it wait until we Cooper against Rams or Eagles. You don't get a Neighborhood reputation beating up the little brother.
Would be the wise FO move to leave Cooper in for now, despite being agenda driven or not.
Everyone knows that Dak will be back, just the upcoming schedule is where he wants to be reinserted.
Does that mean that he will not be medically cleared vs the Eagles, that three games from now.
Best move for Jerry is to roll with Coope until he sputters, it will happen, happens to every QB in the league, but it
would make for a much easier transition back in for Dak, we all know he will be back, so the upcoming schedule does make it interesting
and maybe a little bit predictable how they play their hand on this.
Commandos - Dak and this FO wish they could swap this game out with the Eagles game, they could let Dak further prepare.
Rams - Might still be medically too early.
Eagles - Returning vs the Eagles will be like Dak in his first game vs the Bucs, not an ideal reintroduction to the actual speed of the game currently.

fredp22

Reaction score
you go back and he was saying almost exact same thing about Romo coming back.
If Dak has 2-3 bad games and I think he will (he had no presason, is fighting an injury, last years injury, and fighting low confidence) it will get interesting

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Even if Rush were to go 5-0 before Dak came back I hope Dak replaces him and does even better. I don't really think he will because he is what he is but I can always hope.

Its really the only thing to do, again IF Cooper Rush turnes out to be a top 10 QB in this league then sure every can laugh/get mad about the last 5 years wasted (Highley unlikley)...because if Dak is not able to get back to what he had last year to start the season we are cooked for 2 seasons minimum...the ink is dry and the contract is set..if your a Cowboys fan this is all you got. Good defense use the run game and literally put him back into 2016 with a better D and see what he can do playing off PA and rollouts, he is a better passer now so it should be better.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I believe Jerry has openly indicated he would enjoy a QB controversy.

Can you think of any other powerful man that would like controversy in his organization? The mere nature of controversy is disruptive.

And yet there's Jethro, scratching his arse and spouting nonsense.

Al Davis is gnashing teeth in Hell, but with a smile on his face.