Twitter: Jerry: On sticking with Cooper Rush

75boyz

Reaction score
Dak better stay healthy and play smart and within the system like Rush is doing.

The goodwill is GONE. He has too much to prove and is being paid far too much to post mediocre results and fail to win games when it’s clear all that is needed at QB is a leader that can efficiently distribute the ball while leaning on the running game.

If Dak comes back and tries to put it all on his arm to “prove his value” he likely loses us some winnable games and further alienates and divides the media and fanbase.

Play smart Prescott. Make it about the team, not your need to appear elite. Just win games and everything else will fall into place

You stated it here almost as if in a father to son sit down disciplinary talk. And that's exactly what's needed.

Great job Hawk.

100% truth.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can it wait until we Cooper against Rams or Eagles. You don't get a Neighborhood reputation beating up the little brother.
Cooper Rush beat a solid Vikings team last season, and has beaten a Super Bowl team from last year (who just beat an undefeated team last night), so I'm pretty sure he's already creating a reputation for himself

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak better stay healthy and play smart and within the system like Rush is doing.

The goodwill is GONE. He has too much to prove and is being paid far too much to post mediocre results and fail to win games when it’s clear all that is needed at QB is a leader that can efficiently distribute the ball while leaning on the running game.

If Dak comes back and tries to put it all on his arm to “prove his value” he likely loses us some winnable games and further alienates and divides the media and fanbase.

Play smart Prescott. Make it about the team, not your need to appear elite. Just win games and everything else will fall into place
This post deserves more likes than it has. Spot on

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You mean you hope Dak scores 20 points per game instead of the 31 points he was averaging?

Are you aware that we were 12-5 last year?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This post deserves more likes than it has. Spot on

Probably one of the more ridiculous posts I have seen.

Rush is averaging 20 points per game against weak opponents. Nail biters.

Dak was leading the NFL with 31 points per game.

Now you throw Dak out there with the way the Oline and run game are playing and we are likely to be scoring in the mid 30's on average. With the defense holding teams under 20 points per game, that is going to stack up to a lot of wins.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If Dak comes back and plays bad like he’s been playing last 7-8 games and the team is not responding to him and say they lose a couple games they shouldn’t ....how much leash does he have??????
Last 7-8 games?
Do you realize that in the final 4 games in the 2021 season, he threw 13 TDs, 0 interceptions, for 1068 yards, with completion percentages of 75.7, 71.8, 63.2, and 77.7%?

The entire team was manhandled in the trenches in the playoff game and it was a struggle for everyone.
He had some bad games last year and some great games. He had a bad game against TB when we were soundly beaten in our first game with a rookie and McGovern manning the left side in our first game without Cooper. But he only played that one game. His previous 4 regular season games last season were amazing.

We never had a run game last season, but in the final 9 games where we only went 6-3, the offense averaged 32 points per game.

There’s plenty to not like about our playoff game vs SF and our first game this season vs TB, and Dak deserves some of the blame, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he hasn’t played well in the past 7-8 games. Dak doesn’t always play like an elite MVP candidate, but I don’t remember the last game we can say we lost “because” of Dak’s play. When most of the other players play poorly and fans are blaming the coordinators or Mike for not “having them ready to play,” why do we expect the QB to shine? For most of the NFL, that doesn’t happen very often.

Sometimes Dak deserves criticism, but always?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cooper Rush beat a solid Vikings team last season, and has beaten a Super Bowl team from last year (who just beat an undefeated team last night), so I'm pretty sure he's already creating a reputation for himself

Man i thought the Cowboys beat the Bengals QB2 played solid, Defense may be the reason they won though to a logical fan.....The undefeated team sacked Joe Burrow 1 time, that may be the lowest count total by far he gets all season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My wife watches minimal football and said Where is Dak? This guy looks pretty good, He is going to lose his job.
:omg:

Amazing how your wife knows nothing about football and comes to the same conclusion that the rest of the know nothings on here do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Last 7-8 games?
Do you realize that in the final 4 games in the 2021 season, he threw 13 TDs, 0 interceptions, for 1068 yards, with completion percentages of 75.7, 71.8, 63.2, and 77.7%?

The entire team was manhandled in the trenches in the playoff game and it was a struggle for everyone.
He had some bad games last year and some great games. He had a bad game against TB when we were soundly beaten in our first game with a rookie and McGovern manning the left side in our first game without Cooper. But he only played that one game. His previous 4 regular season games last season were amazing.

We never had a run game last season, but in the final 9 games where we only went 6-3, the offense averaged 32 points per game.

There’s plenty to not like about our playoff game vs SF and our first game this season vs TB, and Dak deserves some of the blame, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he hasn’t played well in the past 7-8 games. Dak doesn’t always play like an elite MVP candidate, but I don’t remember the last game we can say we lost “because” of Dak’s play. When most of the other players play poorly and fans are blaming the coordinators or Mike for not “having them ready to play,” why do we expect the QB to shine? For most of the NFL, that doesn’t happen very often.

Your making too much sense. These trolls only want to talk about SF and the Bucs game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Last 7-8 games?

Your bringing logic to a discussion that does not want it....anyone who actually watches football knows we have a much higher cieling with Dak...

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Now you throw Dak out there with the way the Oline and run game are playing and we are likely to be scoring in the mid 30's on average. With the defense holding teams under 20 points per game, that is going to stack up to a lot of wins.

Well, your boyfriend will get a chance to prove it here in a few weeks. Are you going to man up and admit you're wrong when/if he doesn't average 30+ points or will you continue to give him excuses?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, your boyfriend will get a chance to prove it here in a few weeks. Are you going to man up and admit you're wrong when/if he doesn't average 30+ points or will you continue to give him excuses?

LOL............your lover is averaging 20 points per game. Why would Dak have to be at 30+?

Your not even man enough to admit Dak is a better QB and runs the offense better than Rush does. Talk about hilarious?

Dak has averaged over 30 points per game the last two years. There's your proof.

irishline

Reaction score
Can it wait until we Cooper against Rams or Eagles. You don't get a Neighborhood reputation beating up the little brother.

Why can't he? Dak has. Look at last year 6-0 against a weak NFC East. 6-6 against the anyone else. We only beat two playoff teams and they both got destroyed in the wild card round by a combined score of 78-32.

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

LOL............your lover is averaging 20 points per game. Why would Dak have to be at 30+?

Your not even man enough to admit Dak is a better QB and runs the offense better than Rush does. Talk about hilarious?

Dak has averaged over 30 points per game the last two years. There's your proof.

YOU literally just said that Dak will come back and "likely be scoring in the mid 30's on average."

I feel like I'm talking to my 6 year old nephew right now.

Dak, when right, is lightyears better than Cooper Rush.

But Dak is not right; hasn't been right for quite a while (excluding games against trash teams like the Eagles late last year).

I am more than man enough to admit when/if I'm wrong. But your creepy loyalty to Dak won't allow you to do it for some reason.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Last 7-8 games?

Stats....only stat that matters is one playoff win in his career and his ability to fold like wet cardboard in big games vs top teams.
I truly wish him luck but the vatto has a lot to prove at this point. Mainly that he’s gotten some confidence back and is no longer the happy feet herky jerky indecisive player he’s been of late

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So I just checked the gameday roster for Sunday - Cowboys hosting the ‘Commanders’ (seriously? … that’s the best Moniker they could come up with? How about the ‘Grifters’… or the ‘Insider Traders?’) Anyhoos…

The depth chart lists two QBs - Rush and Prescott.

So we’re saying if - very big IF - Rush gets knocked unconcho, that Dak will enter the game and pilot the offense for the remainder?

I may be wrong but THAT seems very poorly conceived.