Twitter: Jerry: On sticking with Cooper Rush

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Well there you go. We have to hope Dak wins. If not we got a QB situation.

Are they setting Dak up to be the fall guy? The way they are supporting him makes me think they have to for morale purposes. I really hope Dak can reach the next level, but I aint holding my breath. The way he has been talking is making me dislike him. I don't care how much you can talk as long as you can do the walk.

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak and Cooper are playing with virtually the same pieces on offense with the exception of Peters at LG. But one QB clearly outplayed the other because he plays within the offense; tries not to do too much and doesn’t force the ball. I realize Dak played one game and Cooper two games, but there is a clear improvement in the flow of the game and the offense is more dynamic with Cooper at QB

We all know Dak is the man by virtue of his contract, but I think it makes sense to let Cooper continue to handle QB duties, until he proves otherwise. If you pull Cooper and play Dak, who is now under even more pressure to perform and fails to deliver…well things will get interesting.

I think my now most of us know that Jerry really doesn’t care about winning; he seems to care more about the Cowboys remaining relevant in the landscape of the NFL; and he wants a return on his $160MM investment.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anti Rush? No, Im nothing like you.

I love what Rush is doing. Just laughing at you types trying to make him out to be better than Dak.

Cowboys are winning because of the defense for the most part. Rush is driving the bus while the Oline is playing well and the run game is working. But thats all he is doing is driving the bus. All things that no doubt you would be pointing out if it was Dak in these last two wins.
I have no agenda against any Cowboys player. I want them all to succeed.

Rush is driving the bus, you’re right. He is better at driving the bus than Dak has been since last November.

Dak plays like he’s more worried about “proving people wrong” than just winning. Out to prove that he’s a pocket passer; out to prove that he’s worth the money; out to prove he can lead a team to victory. He doesn’t understand or acknowledge his limitations.

Rush, so far, plays within his means and that is the beauty of it all. The Cowboys are winning because of defense and a good run game, you’re right. But Dak won’t allow that to happen because of his self-perceived need to prove his worth.

I know that none of this post will enlighten you or have any impact on your views, but if you were to try to be objective, you would be able to acknowledge what I said is correct.

I’m not here to personally bash any player. I only want the Dallas Cowboys to win. And right now, I feel Cooper Rush is doing a better job of that than Dak is capable of. Criticize me all you want, I don’t really care.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have no agenda against any Cowboys player. I want them all to succeed.

Rush is driving the bus, you’re right. He is better at driving the bus than Dak has been since last November.

Dak plays like he’s more worried about “proving people wrong” than just winning. Out to prove that he’s a pocket passer; out to prove that he’s worth the money; out to prove he can lead a team to victory. He doesn’t understand or acknowledge his limitations.

Rush, so far, plays within his means and that is the beauty of it all. The Cowboys are winning because of defense and a good run game, you’re right. But Dak won’t allow that to happen because of his self-perceived need to prove his worth.

I know that none of this post will enlighten you or have any impact on your views, but if you were to try to be objective, you would be able to acknowledge what I said is correct.

I’m not here to personally bash any player. I only want the Dallas Cowboys to win. And right now, I feel Cooper Rush is doing a better job of that than Dak is capable of. Criticize me all you want, I don’t really care.

LOL...........2 games against weak competition compared to 6 years. Laughable.

Rush has driven the bus because thats all he had to do. Kudos to him for not screwing it up. When Dak has only needed to drive the bus, he did it incredibly. Did it his rookie year to the tune of 13 wins and ROY honors.

Lets hope when Dak gets back we are playing weak competition and the run game is great and the defense is shutting people down like they are now. If not he may have to do more than drive the bus. Then we will need the 300 yard, 3 TD per game Dak.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Why would he not be happy, when they are winning.
He sees a running game starting to emerge. He sees the WR's start to make plays. The 2 young TE's look very good. OL is playing better, starting to gel.
So yeah, why would he not be happy.
You could look at it from another perspective........Maybe Dak sees this.......Insert QB2 with Tyron, Gallup, Washington, Shultz, McGovern all missing and still QB2 is able to efficiently run the offense with rookies and backups. Maybe it's the play and command of QB2 that's allowing the offense to gel within the system that it was created for.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Rush has driven the bus because thats all he had to do. Kudos to him for not screwing it up. When Dak has only needed to drive the bus, he did it incredibly. Did it his rookie year to the tune of 13 wins and ROY honors.

Lets hope when Dak gets back we are playing weak competition and the run game is great and the defense is shutting people down like they are now. If not he may have to do more than drive the bus. Then we will need the 300 yard, 3 TD per game Dak.

You’re one of the worst members here. Bar none.

And the funny thing is, with the exception of your 2-3 little minion buddies who will remain nameless, everyone on here agrees with me. It’s impossible to have a rational discussion with you.

Don’t bother responding to anything I say anymore because I’m done wasting my time on children like you.

Mods, you can bench me if this if it is considered a personal attack. But this message is long overdue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re one of the worst members here. Bar none.

And the funny thing is, with the exception of your 2-3 little minion buddies who will remain nameless, everyone on here agrees with me. It’s impossible to have a rational discussion with you.

Don’t bother responding to anything I say anymore because I’m done wasting my time on children like you.

Mods, you can bench me if this if it is considered a personal attack. But this message is long overdue.

LOL....Im not here to make friends. My job is to correct trolls like you that spread nothing but laughable BS all day long on here.

When it comes to football analysis and being accurate, you dont hold a candle to me. Ive won every major argument on here for the last 15 years. Zeke/Pollard now being the latest that is finally coming into light. The Dak argument was won years ago. Garrett, yada yada yada. The lists goes on and on. Heck I was saying to draft Parsons when guys like you were begging for Kyle Pitts.

Guys like me see things years ahead of guys like you.

Heck you cant even analyze individual players. You think if we win everyone is a stud and if we lose everyone sucks.

You are completely QB challenged. Have no clue about QB's. Any fool can see how good Mahomes is.

"But duh he isnt Mahomes" LOL

Thats pretty much the extent of your QB analysis abilities.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If Cooper plays and wins against washington, rams, and eagles and starts putting up 300-400 yards per game 3 td+ and no turn overs, there will be an actual qb controversy for this year

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dak better stay healthy and play smart and within the system like Rush is doing.

The goodwill is GONE. He has too much to prove and is being paid far too much to post mediocre results and fail to win games when it’s clear all that is needed at QB is a leader that can efficiently distribute the ball while leaning on the running game.

If Dak comes back and tries to put it all on his arm to “prove his value” he likely loses us some winnable games and further alienates and divides the media and fanbase.

Play smart Prescott. Make it about the team, not your need to appear elite. Just win games and everything else will fall into place

I don't think that Prescott is necessarily trying to make himself appear elite. I think that is fan and media projection fallout by those who always like to debate if he is or isn't elite. Dak needs to be more decisive and get the ball out quicker to his receivers. Rush comparatively is definitely demonstrating that. Perhaps Dak doesn't have great vision compared to the top quarterbacks that can read and react quicker vs. some of these above average or elite defenses. It seems Dak generally can crush an average defense.

Last edited:

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
I don't think that Prescott is necessarily trying to make himself appear elite. I think that is fan and media projection fallout by those who always like to debate if he is or isn't elite. Dak needs to be more decisive and get the ball out quicker to his receivers. Rush comparatively is definitely demonstrating that. Perhaps Dak doesn't have great vision compared to the top quarterbacks that can read and react quicker vs. some of these above average or elite defenses. It seems Dak generally can crush an average defense.
I agree 100%

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else is he going to stick with? Jerry's so annoying. It's come to to the point where I don't read anything he has to say any longer.
We could tell JJ we as the fan base have decided having the Cowboys be without him is best for the organization moving forward, lol.

kskboys

Reaction score

TOP control helps the D tremendously.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL....Im not here to make friends. My job is to correct trolls like you that spread nothing but laughable BS all day long on here.

When it comes to football analysis and being accurate, you dont hold a candle to me. Ive won every major argument on here for the last 15 years. Zeke/Pollard now being the latest that is finally coming into light. The Dak argument was won years ago. Garrett, yada yada yada. The lists goes on and on. Heck I was saying to draft Parsons when guys like you were begging for Kyle Pitts.

Guys like me see things years ahead of guys like you.

Heck you cant even analyze individual players. You think if we win everyone is a stud and if we lose everyone sucks.

You are completely QB challenged. Have no clue about QB's. Any fool can see how good Mahomes is.

"But duh he isnt Mahomes" LOL

Thats pretty much the extent of your QB analysis abilities.
One time you claimed "Great taste" and it tied w/ "Less filling"!!!!!!!!!