Video: Jerry on who should be next for Cowboys in HOF

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His answer is

Not Darren Woodson. :huh:

Sorry I know it's another one, but I was dumbfounded when he said it.

That is a good alternative and more obvious answer. Woodson is retired and has received some Board of Selectors recognition, including being a yearly finalist this year. That was just one step from going into the Hall. That answer escaped Jones.

However, he framed his answer upon current players who would go into the Hall next. Here is my question. Why did the names of Tyron Smith and Zack Martin, virtual Hall of Fame locks and arguably first ballot enshrinees--BOTH of whom are relatively late into their playing careers, closer to retirement and closer to the five-year waiting period for first consideration by the Hall--were not the FIRST names out of his mouth?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry called Parsons a pass rusher and is talking Hall of Fame with him. That just upped his price.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is if he forgot that Woodson played for him!
You have a point :muttley:but all observers should note how he changed Eisen's question, which was:

"So, who should be next you think from the history of the Dallas Cowboys to come out here?"

Jones replied:

"Rich, I'm hopeful that this year will have a lot to do with it as well. Okay and um but uh I sure I really do I like as far as our players are concerned."

Jones intentionally changed the parameters of Eisen's question.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is a good alternative and more obvious answer. Woodson is retired and has received some Board of Selectors recognition, including being a yearly finalist this year. That was just one step from going into the Hall. That answer escaped Jones.

However, he framed his answer upon current players who would go into the Hall next. Here is my question. Why did the names of Tyron Smith and Zack Martin, virtual Hall of Fame locks and arguably first ballot enshrinees--BOTH of whom are relatively late into their playing careers, closer to retirement and closer to the five-year waiting period for first consideration by the Hall--were not the FIRST names out of his mouth?
They asked his opinion, now everyone here is telling Jerry what Jerry's opinion should be LMAO

how about you note yours he notes his?? Why is Jerry always edited so much in here???!

why is what he says makes such a difference in here, like I said earlier in some other post I mean if you're that easily influenced, I don't know how to help you,

you get to have your own opinion but so doeshe and when they put him on the spot like that he probably just didn't think about the offensive lineman... I mean typically it's stat driven when you get into the Hall of Fame and whatnot so he probably even think about the lineman.

we all know DW is long overdue.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They asked his opinion, now everyone here is telling Jerry what Jerry's opinion should be LMAO

how about you note yours he notes his?? Why is Jerry always edited so much in here???!

why is what he says makes such a difference in here, like I said earlier in some other post I mean if you're that easily influenced, I don't know how to help you,

you get to have your own opinion but so doeshe and when they put him on the spot like that he probably just didn't think about the offensive lineman... I mean typically it's stat driven when you get into the Hall of Fame and whatnot so he probably even think about the lineman.

we all know DW is long overdue.
Did you hear Eisen's question?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I simply don't listen to a lot of people's rankings or opinions that's what they are I'm not swayed by people in their opinions especially Jerry

he probably was caught off guard he had no idea how to answer the question. Does it really matter????

I mean off this team, I mean first they have to retire and then they have to go five years ahead, so we're talking about eight years from now and everyone here is already about to pull out a pitchfork because they didn't mention Zach Martin and Tyrone Smith???

How do we not know the lack of titles in that 27 to 30 year drought everyone keeps talking about isn't going to affect those two? maybe they won't be first ballot maybe there's going to be a bias because we haven't won anything in a very long time, so people off these teams might have a problem...