Video: Jerry on who should be next for Cowboys in HOF

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I simply don't listen to a lot of people's rankings or opinions that's what they are I'm not swayed by people in their opinions especially Jerry
Have you not been swayed by my initial opinion since you quoted and responded to it?

he probably was caught off guard he had no idea how to answer the question.
With all due respect, that observation is disingenuous and actually an insult to Jerry Jones' intelligence.

Does it really matter????
It mattered enough to Rich Eisen to pose the question. It mattered enough to Jones in offering a response. It mattered to every CowboysZone member who has posted on this thread thus far and in the future.

Does it matter to you? And if it does not matter to you, why are we having this subdiscussion? Is it because I have been critical of Jerry Jones being the general manager of this franchise for 34 years and counting? And will continue being critical of him in the years to come, hopefully if both he and I remain in good health? I don't know. I have a feeling we are going to have many moooooooore subdiscussions about why I ALWAYS talk about Jones in the future.

I mean off this team, I mean first they have to retire and then they have to go five years ahead, so we're talking about eight years from now and everyone here is already about to pull out a pitchfork because they didn't mention Zach Martin and Tyrone Smith???
You did not hear Eisen's question by your own admission. Additionally, you may not have heard how Jones altered his answer to highlight two of his current players WHO WILL HIGHLY LIKELY NOT GO INTO THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME more quickly than other CURRENT players of whom Jones is fully aware of.

How do we not know the lack of titles in that 27 to 30 year drought everyone keeps talking about isn't going to affect those two?
That is a good question. Board of Selectors' tendencies have been notably biased against players associated with this franchise. Drew Pearson and Chuck Howley are two of several examples reflecting that bias.

That said, the media have continually spoken or reported of both Tyron Smith and Zack Martin highly and favorablY throughout their careers. Even Smith's injury history has not dented that annual praise. And it is the media that elects players, coaches and contributors into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I do not have a crystal ball. I cannot tell what the future holds for anyone connected to the franchise as far as the Hall is concerned. Even so, logic dictates even bias will not lower the expected enshrinements of Smith and Martin., BELOW that of other currently playing individuals who are younger and have not yet attained more distinguished career resumes.

maybe they won't be first ballot maybe there's going to be a bias because we haven't won anything in a very long time, so people off these teams might have a problem...
1. My initial comment you quoted stated 'arguably first ballot enshrinees' for both Smith and Martin. As such, I pointed out probable uncertainty of either player going into the Hall during their first year of eligibility (RE: no crystal ball).
2. It is a bias towards the franchise in my opinion that is the overhanging issue. I think the streak of Super Bowl non-appearances is less of a mitigating factor. Despite my long held opinion of the Board of Selectors and their voting tendencies, I do think they collectively choose well overall each year. They could do better though. On a related note, I really disliked how Jason Witten reversed his 2017 retirement and re-retired in 2021. He was going to be my next personal test for bias from the Board concerning eligible first-ballot Cowboys last year. Now, I must wait until 2026 to observe what may happen.

Creeper

Reaction score
What is at the end of the video?!

Anyway, Jerry is an older guy who likes to hear himself talk. It looked to me like the rest of the panel was just being nice, like the way we treat our crazy granddad when he has had too much eggnog on Christmas.

rags747

Reaction score
This is why people and players love Jerry Jones. He has story’s for every single day of the week. That story that he told the crew there about Wares contract and Parcells on the plane I had never ever heard before. So he said Micah for future HOF, great response imo and absolutely zero wrong with it.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
What is at the end of the video?!

Anyway, Jerry is an older guy who likes to hear himself talk. It looked to me like the rest of the panel was just being nice, like the way we treat our crazy granddad when he has had too much eggnog on Christmas.
I dunno there were two videos at the time. The other one had a video game of motorcross from like early 2000s or something at the end, it was more weird.

I will say the copyright/DMCA tactic to avoid a video from being taken down includes splicing other things into a video of one topic. But one random thing at the end is not going to throw it off. Usually they re-size it frame it in something, put a filter or a transparent image over it and cut it up into segments of things with countdown timers. Such is youtube grifting.