Jerry owes us to trade

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Over the past three seasons, Cooper has had a drop rate of 13.62 percent, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL.."

Now is that fixable? Maybe, he had only 3 drops in 2016, but giving up very much for him is a big risk, one I'd not be willing to take...

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You mean after the great train robbery of Herschel Walker! That was Jerry. After that, yeah nothin.
lol, sooo, "Jerry" made one of if not THE most lopsided trades in NFL history, the the following 28 years forgot how to do it? Gotcha, :lmao2:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
lol, sooo, "Jerry" made one of if not THE most lopsided trades in NFL history, the the following 28 years forgot how to do it? Gotcha, :lmao2:

That trade resulted in the Cowboys going from also-rans to SB champs in a couple of years. Teams learned from the Vike's mistake, doesn't matter if JJ wants to do another like that, or even close to it, other teams aren't going to bite.

Jerry could offer Zeke right now and no team would give JJ anywhere near what he got for Herschel....

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That trade resulted in the Cowboys going from also-rans to SB champs in a couple of years. Teams learned from the Vike's mistake, doesn't matter if JJ wants to do another like that, or even close to it, other teams aren't going to bite.

Jerry could offer Zeke right now and no team would give JJ anywhere near what he got for Herschel....
The point I was making was that Jimmy orchestrated that trade not Jerry.....Wikipedia backs this.........you don't make a trade of this magnatude then forget how to trade for the next three decades.

The trade almost was with the Browns offering a player and two #1 draft picks until Jimmy called Mike Lynn of the Vikes to make the trade that was.

Jerry is no better at making trades than he is at winning issues with Goodell.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry is no better at making trades than he is at winning issues with Goodell.

And that's why when posters here say "trade Zeke" or "give up 3 draft picks and get the no. 5 pick" or such, I have to ask: Are you confident Jerry would make the correct pick? Or if he traded for a veteran quarterback or receiver would he make the correct trade?

I seriously doubt it...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan