Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
who? there are two requisites for this to happen. a legit DT and a team willing to trade. so lets put names out there and then the teams and why they would be willing to make a trade and then what they may want in a trade.

good teams, good defenses, are in playoff hunt and want to get to post season. so why would they trade? so that reduces the number. so average teams in the middle. are they good defensively? if not, then that eliminates even more. so average to bad teams with good defenses. some average teams still hope to turn it around and make a run, so they may not want to make a trade....so that leaves bad teams that have good defenses or good defensive players and that's about what? 1 or 2 teams at best. so who? this ain't fantasy football Rock...and I do respect you.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one player can come in here and fix this team.
Too many needs at too many positions. And what will / can they trade? We have no players to trade. And can't trade away future draft picks.

And if they did / could trade for a player, then what is the contract, and when will it be up. Do we want another player with an expiring contract. Then can't / won't keep them. As they said, we could not afford Henry.

We are stuck with what we have. And in case no one has heard ... we like our guys ....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There isn’t really a good DT in the trade market. Even if there was, it would be too expensive(money and draft picks) to obtain. It probably won’t effect the run defense much right now. There are too many holes to plug. Save the resources and go get one next draft and/or free agency.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can’t even think of doing that without a run of some wins here. Come out and win the next couple I’m thinking about it.

But I’m not giving up what could be a top 5 pick if this continues.

blueblood70

Reaction score

you do realize Jerry or anybody from the front office do not read these lOL they wont do anything before the bye...that their MO.. they will see how the team resounds by then and then when it become
desperation time Jerry might get a RB/DT..

BTW which most teams right now are not trading anyone this early, i mean what team is out of it they would give up a quality payer right now?? who's this player and team willing to deal NOW? doubt you can find one.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The time to do something with the defensive line was in the offseason via free agency or the draft. NOT NOW!!!!

Most of us have been saying for years the defensive line is lacking top tier interior talent...Mazi Smith isn't cutting it and signing street players at the end of camp was a clear indication that Zimmer thought this defensive line was garbage...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
you do realize Jerry or anybody from the front office do not read these lOL they wont do anything before the bye...that their MO.. they will see how the team resounds by then and then when it become
desperation time Jerry might get a RB/DT..

BTW which most teams right now are not trading anyone this early, i mean what team is out of it they would give up a quality payer right now?? who's this player and team willing to deal NOW? doubt you can find one.
Bingo....the time to upgrade the roster was back in April. You might get lucky and have a team dangle a player you like at the deadline, but it wont be very many and itll cost you a higher pick that most would like to give up.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If you were another team, and you had a quality DT, why would you trade him to Dallas? Nobody trades their DTs, and everyone pays their DTs so they don’t leave.

Just look at the Panthers, traded away star DE Brian Burns, and then happily turned around and paid DT Derrick Brown 25m$ a year. Because Dallas isn’t the only team to realize how important DTs are.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one player can come in here and fix this team.
Too many needs at too many positions. And what will / can they trade? We have no players to trade. And can't trade away future draft picks.

And if they did / could trade for a player, then what is the contract, and when will it be up. Do we want another player with an expiring contract. Then can't / won't keep them. As they said, we could not afford Henry.

We are stuck with what we have. And in case no one has heard ... we like our guys ....
I respectfully disagree. Of course it will take more than a legit DT. Like the players starting to give a damn 100% of the time. If they start playing sound fundamental football, things will look different. Yeah, I know, big if.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bingo....the time to upgrade the roster was back in April. You might get lucky and have a team dangle a player you like at the deadline, but it wont be very many and itll cost you a higher pick that most would like to give up.
Well I'm not saying we can't make a deal but right now no team is letting anyone go... Besides we know Jerry they make changes after the bye week but they won't make any changes at all including Dalvin Cook..its odd i know but thats their MO.. but we are more than one player bad on this defense right now..

So who was this offseason actual nose tackle that was going to change the nature of our defense f-given what they've done so far and knowing what we know about our D.??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
who? there are two requisites for this to happen. a legit DT and a team willing to trade. so lets put names out there and then the teams and why they would be willing to make a trade and then what they may want in a trade.

good teams, good defenses, are in playoff hunt and want to get to post season. so why would they trade? so that reduces the number. so average teams in the middle. are they good defensively? if not, then that eliminates even more. so average to bad teams with good defenses. some average teams still hope to turn it around and make a run, so they may not want to make a trade....so that leaves bad teams that have good defenses or good defensive players and that's about what? 1 or 2 teams at best. so who? this ain't fantasy football Rock...and I do respect you.
There are legit DT’s on non-legit teams that will be willing to trade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Of course it will take more than a legit DT. Like the players starting to give a damn 100% of the time. If they start playing sound fundamental football, things will look different. Yeah, I know, big if.
but again i don't think there's a single team right now ready to deal a player.. It's just a too soon post my man sorry but there is no team right now that's giving up a premium player... Tell me who this player is and how he's gonna change the nature of our defense? And how much is this player actually worth?.