Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you were another team, and you had a quality DT, why would you trade him to Dallas? Nobody trades their DTs, and everyone pays their DTs so they don’t leave.

Just look at the Panthers, traded away star DE Brian Burns, and then happily turned around and paid DT Derrick Brown 25m$ a year. Because Dallas isn’t the only team to realize how important DTs are.
Go back to your Philthy board or did they kick you off? Of course you wouldn’t even try. Fits you perfectly.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Go back to your Philthy board or did they kick you off? Of course you wouldn’t even try. Fits you perfectly.

Hey, be a rat and jump ship. You’ll be trying to claw your way back on when things turn around and I’ll be there kicking your quitting butt back down into the water.
Here we go!!!! Just like his QB he is mad at everyone else because of his actions.

Majic

Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
I wouldn't give any future draft picks up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your posts are nonsensical . “ Jerry make it stop it’s hurting “.

:huh:
Keep coming up with reasons why they can’t do anything so there’s no need to try so that you can ***** and moan like you’re doing now, and I’ll keep looking for how they can become better this year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
Who do you have in mind to acquire?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who do you have in mind to acquire?
IP-Blog-Template-2.jpg

sbark

Reaction score
This team is built to pressure the Qb.....vrs stop the run

Best thing this season is for Dak to start moving team 1st Qtr....not 4th Qtr

Takes other team out of 65% run ratio

We need a starting pitcher, not a late inning reliever

John813

Reaction score
Sounds good, but legit DT's are getting way over 20mil a year. Which means they are well valued.

Any team with a rookie DT with high promise isn't getting rid of that cap benefit.
Any team with a re-signed DT, that's still legit, either would occur decent dead cap charges or still wants the guy.

There's no disgruntled legit DT wanting a trade now either.
Best they maybe could do, if Cooper desperate, is get a decent one, but at an overpay.
Maybe a Dalvin Tomlinson could become available, but he's going to be 31 and I doubt the Browns would sell low.

What we got this season is what we'll have. It was another miscalculation by the well regarded duo we have at GM

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You guys are wasting your time ....... he has moved on from this thread since you were mean to him and disagreed.

He told me to tell you guys you can jump of Rockport's bandwagon if you want to criticize how he posted today.

And to find another team because you are haters.

:D

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
who? there are two requisites for this to happen. a legit DT and a team willing to trade. so lets put names out there and then the teams and why they would be willing to make a trade and then what they may want in a trade.

good teams, good defenses, are in playoff hunt and want to get to post season. so why would they trade? so that reduces the number. so average teams in the middle. are they good defensively? if not, then that eliminates even more. so average to bad teams with good defenses. some average teams still hope to turn it around and make a run, so they may not want to make a trade....so that leaves bad teams that have good defenses or good defensive players and that's about what? 1 or 2 teams at best. so who? this ain't fantasy football Rock...and I do respect you.
:hammer: ....Easier said than done. Just coming up with a name that makes sense is hard. We need that Leon Lett type war daddy....and you just can't find that guy anymore.

visionary

Reaction score

You don't panic and trade valuable draft resources for things that have been obvious for years
You should evaluate deficiencies and sign better FAs in off season

Get a real GM
Get a real HC
Get a real Dir of Player Personnel

Build a team not a series of bad decisions to compound previous bad decisions

rambo2

Reaction score
No one player can come in here and fix this team.
Too many needs at too many positions. And what will / can they trade? We have no players to trade. And can't trade away future draft picks.

And if they did / could trade for a player, then what is the contract, and when will it be up. Do we want another player with an expiring contract. Then can't / won't keep them. As they said, we could not afford Henry.

We are stuck with what we have. And in case no one has heard ... we like our guys ....
I wonder who will fix the rest of the league?

rambo2

Reaction score
You don't panic and trade valuable draft resources for things that have been obvious for years
You should evaluate deficiencies and sign better FAs in off season

Get a real GM
Get a real HC
Get a real Dir of Player Personnel

Build a team not a series of bad decisions to compound previous bad decisions
A Super Bowl winning coach isn't real?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Kid I would like for us to go get is...Adetomiwa Adebawore from the Colts. Undersized....but quick 3 tech...that can rush the QB on 3rd down. We are wasting D-Law as a DT...On 3rd down... When he's your best all around pass rusher. Honestly...Zimmer is getting way too cute with some of his matchups.