Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you do realize Jerry or anybody from the front office do not read these lOL they wont do anything before the bye...that their MO.. they will see how the team resounds by then and then when it become
desperation time Jerry might get a RB/DT..

BTW which most teams right now are not trading anyone this early, i mean what team is out of it they would give up a quality payer right now?? who's this player and team willing to deal NOW? doubt you can find one.
I think I mentioned by the trade deadline which is week 9. There’s a good chance the Cowboys will be out of it by then, but hey, I’m looking for some kind of hope.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
but again i don't think there's a single team right now ready to deal a player.. It's just a too soon post my man sorry but there is no team right now that's giving up a premium player... Tell me who this player is and how he's gonna change the nature of our defense? And how much is this player actually worth?.
Quit with the “not ready to trade now” crap. I’m not saying do it today Sept. 25th.

Havic

Reaction score
Way too many holes on this team. We are not 1 player away from being great. Time to make some trades and get additional draft capital. Rebuild. This is a lost season

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Well I'm not saying we can't make a deal but right now no team is letting anyone go... Besides we know Jerry they make changes after the bye week but they won't make any changes at all including Dalvin Cook..its odd i know but thats their MO.. but we are more than one player bad on this defense right now..

So who was this offseason actual nose tackle that was going to change the nature of our defense f-given what they've done so far and knowing what we know about our D.??
Well I dont think any NT alone is going to save this defense, the LB play has been equally as bad. Personally I would have LOVED to see them make a run at DJ Reader who only costs Detroit $5m against the cap this year. Even just bringing back Hankins who had a nice game for Seattle this past week would have been an improvement over what we have now. Hankins isnt a sexy pick or even much of a difference maker, but right now we just need average. I would have rather they signed average over the offseason for a couple million bucks than look for it at the trade deadline for draft picks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Quit with the “not ready to trade now” crap. I’m not saying do it today Sept. 25th.
And what we're trying to say is it may be fully over before then before people start dismantling their teams will be too far out of it to even bother you don't understand that?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, you can give up but I don’t have to.
f06eed28-db58-41cd-8463-beb6b3465f3a_text.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think I mentioned by the trade deadline which is week 9. There’s a good chance the Cowboys will be out of it by then, but hey, I’m looking for some kind of hope.
The hope is these players have enough pride in these coaches have enough plans and ideas to adapt and overcome.

I don't know why people in here don't watch the NFL you remember back in 2018 when we were three and five everybody said it was over and we made it to the second round of the playoffs

I seem to remember but I can't be sure but I don't know how many times the Cincinnati Bengals started out the season 500 at the bye week and somehow managed to pull it out didn't the Rams look out of it last year I have to go back and check and somehow they poured it on and I remember a year where I believe the san francisco 49ers started real....aky and somehow they turned it around... This league is about how you finish not how you start and we've seen more examples of slow starts oh that's right it was the Green Bay Packers last year how did love and the Packers look in the first half of the season last year didn't they go to the second round of the playoffs after lifting their leg on us? I remember in the first four weeks of the season they were talking about Jordan love being a complete bust and now what?

So I can remember examples just in recent history that says people need to calm down and let's just hope we can get this ship righted and I'm thinking if we can at worst finish three and three at the bye they will find a way to get back into this as it's much easier nowadays with 17 games and a wild card added to actually turn your season around.....

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Why? the Season is over, even if you gtet the DT and you dont make the playoffs, was it worth it? You make the playoffs and go 1 and done, was it worth it? No. Its over, accept it and accept the next three seasons are over. JJ keeps telling us to our faces, HES NOT INTERESTED. How many more years do you need?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why? the Season is over, even if you gtet the DT and you dont make the playoffs, was it worth it? You make the playoffs and go 1 and done, was it worth it? No. Its over, accept it and accept the next three seasons are over. JJ keeps telling us to our faces, HES NOT INTERESTED. How many more years do you need?
WRONG
Its far from over.. But if you think so why are you still here just go away the rest of us will debate football for all 17 games and then talk about what really happened this year.

The hope is these players have enough pride in these coaches have enough plans and ideas to adapt and overcome.

I don't know why people in here don't watch the NFL you remember back in 2018 when we were three and five everybody said it was over and we made it to the second round of the playoffs

I seem to remember but I can't be sure but I don't know how many times the Cincinnati Bengals started out the season 500 at the bye week and somehow managed to pull it out didn't the Rams look out of it last year I have to go back and check and somehow they poured it on and I remember a year where I believe the san francisco 49ers started real....aky and somehow they turned it around... This league is about how you finish not how you start and we've seen more examples of slow starts oh that's right it was the Green Bay Packers last year how did love and the Packers look in the first half of the season last year didn't they go to the second round of the playoffs after lifting their leg on us? I remember in the first four weeks of the season they were talking about Jordan love being a complete bust and now what?

So I can remember examples just in recent history that says people need to calm down and let's just hope we can get this ship righted and I'm thinking if we can at worst finish three and three at the bye they will find a way to get back into this as it's much easier nowadays with 17 games and a wild card added to actually turn your season around.....

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Why? It would be a waste of resources. Dallas isn't doing anything this year and for the next 2 or 3 years. Keep the picks and build through the draft. We get them cheap and for at least 4 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Three games into the season what team is just going to hand Dallas fixes for its bottom rung defense. This is amateur hour posting .

“ Jerry make it stop hurting “.

:facepalm:
Hey, be a rat and jump ship. You’ll be trying to claw your way back on when things turn around and I’ll be there kicking your quitting butt back down into the water.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you were another team, and you had a quality DT, why would you trade him to Dallas? Nobody trades their DTs, and everyone pays their DTs so they don’t leave.

Just look at the Panthers, traded away star DE Brian Burns, and then happily turned around and paid DT Derrick Brown 25m$ a year. Because Dallas isn’t the only team to realize how important DTs are.
This.......not many fans realize it but for some odd reason, the value of DTs have shot through the roof. The position went from mid-range average salary to damn near the top defensively. I think they now make more than DEs. In other words, it's now hard to get your hands on a decent one via trade.

2024 franchise tag values

Quarterback: $38.301 million
Wide Receiver: $21.816 million
Tight End: $12.693 million
Running Back: $11.951 million
Offensive Line: $20.985 million
Defensive End: $21.324 million
Defensive Tackle: $22.102 million
Linebacker: $24.007 million
Cornerback: $19.802 million
Safety: $17.123 million
Kicker/Punter: $5.984 million

RonWashington

Reaction score
Broadus in his latest “ broadside “ Linval Joseph at this point is useless “ in so many words.

This is who’s available end of career dudes looking to cash in and sample the buffet line at the “Star” ….

Here we go …..

:starspin: