Jerry please trade for run stuffing linebacker

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If only a guy like Bobby Wagner was available in free agency...
Seriously though, Roquan Smith in this defense would go a long way towards a deep playoff push. If ever there was a year to go all in, this is it.
Where was roquan today in run defense? Lol

JBond

Reaction score
This is perhaps would be the biggest step towards winning the division and making a run for the super bowl. Everyone on here knows the D is good but seriously deficient in linebacking play and stopping the run. Today we got hammered in the run game and it is not going to stop down the road. Acquire a run stuffing linebacker and trade away LVE. It would be the difference from sitting it out this year and making a run for the division and super bowl. We could always wait until the draft, but I seriously doubt we can win the division with our Achilles heel the pitiful linebacker play. We are not going to be scoring a long of points with middle of the pack Dak against better opponents and our only hope is keeping the score low. This is how the Rams won it all. They did not sit on their hands and acquired key ingredients. Thrift store mentality leads to tattered and Tabasco stained garments.
Do you need a tissue?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Not name calling.
I thought that was your pronoun... lol
You were name calling and should be benched as many of have been for doing the same. Violation of rule 8. Calling someone an idiot is not acceptable and should be addressed by mostly silent moderators.

Garbagetime

Reaction score
This is perhaps would be the biggest step towards winning the division and making a run for the super bowl. Everyone on here knows the D is good but seriously deficient in linebacking play and stopping the run. Today we got hammered in the run game and it is not going to stop down the road. Acquire a run stuffing linebacker and trade away LVE. It would be the difference from sitting it out this year and making a run for the division and super bowl. We could always wait until the draft, but I seriously doubt we can win the division with our Achilles heel the pitiful linebacker play. We are not going to be scoring a long of points with middle of the pack Dak against better opponents and our only hope is keeping the score low. This is how the Rams won it all. They did not sit on their hands and acquired key ingredients. Thrift store mentality leads to tattered and Tabasco stained garments.

You do understand that the defense has 8 gaps that players are assigned to correct? From the center all the way to the right sideline has 4 gaps and from the center all the way to the left side has 4 gaps. A, B, C, and D gaps on the both the left and right side for a total of 8 gaps. Presnap a sound defense has a player assigned to a specific gap before the play starts. LVE would be assigned usually B gap or A depending upon what the call is.

He is not responsible for every broken play or gash up the C and or D gap. I have seen you say he "picks" the wrong hole to fill. He has a predetermined gap and should not be jumping around and hitting holes as that leaves uncovered gaps and is undisciplined football. Its the complete opposite of knowing assignments and playing error free.

Now does he get beat or over pursue, of course he does just as everyone else does. If you had any idea what you were watching then Barr would be your target as he's not playing anywhere close to LVE.

Lastly, everyone knows a huge DT responsibility is not letting lineman reach your backers so that they can make tackles. In all of your rants on run defense I havent seen a single one regarding this technique which essentially is the most important component in sound run defense.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So what’s your idea on making the team better?

I will answer since he may not reply back too you and no not waiting for next year’s draft, talking about before Tuesday at 4pm. Call the bears for R. Smith, no LB coming out in the draft is better than him.

JBond

Reaction score
You were name calling and should be benched as many of have been for doing the same. Violation of rule 8. Calling someone an idiot is not acceptable and should be addressed by mostly silent moderators.
Clearly needs a safe space and a full box of sensitive tissues.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You do understand that the defense has 8 gaps that players are assigned to correct? From the center all the way to the right sideline has 4 gaps and from the center all the way to the left side has 4 gaps. A, B, C, and D gaps on the both the left and right side for a total of 8 gaps. Presnap a sound defense has a player assigned to a specific gap before the play starts. LVE would be assigned usually B gap or A depending upon what the call is.

He is not responsible for every broken play or gash up the C and or D gap. I have seen you say he "picks" the wrong hole to fill. He has a predetermined gap and should not be jumping around and hitting holes as that leaves uncovered gaps and is undisciplined football. Its the complete opposite of knowing assignments and playing error free.

Now does he get beat or over pursue, of course he does just as everyone else does. If you had any idea what you were watching then Barr would be your target as he's not playing anywhere close to LVE.

Lastly, everyone knows a huge DT responsibility is not letting lineman reach your backers so that they can make tackles. In all of your rants on run defense I havent seen a single one regarding this technique which essentially is the most important component in sound run defense.
Please leave the pedantic rhetoric for someone else. Many on here agree LVE is pretty incompetent. I guess they dont know about gaps either. LMAO

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Clearly needs a safe space and a full box of sensitive tissues.
No there are rules here and a moderator just addressed this a separate post. His message was follow the rules and stop the name calling. If you are allowed to call names, then it should apply to everyone. And that would not be good.

Garbagetime

Reaction score
Please leave the pedantic rhetoric for someone else. Many on here agree LVE is pretty incompetent. I guess they dont know about gaps either. LMAO

You just clearly state that you and many others on this board have no idea what you are talking about. This "pick the wrong hole" thing that many on this board go with proves they have no idea how a sound defensive football team works. You look more foolish with each passing game LMAO!!!!

JBond

Reaction score
You clearly need a benching for rules violations and for harassment.
Yep.... Lol.

Relax stars. You will get called out for silly posts. Been around these folks for 25+ years on multiple platforms. It happens. What you don't do is cry for daddy. Make your point stronger with convincing evidence. Then continue a dialog. Not that hard.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You just clearly state that you and many others on this board have no idea what you are talking about. This "pick the wrong hole" thing that many on this board go with proves they have no idea how a sound defensive football team works. You look more foolish with each passing game LMAO!!!!
We know absolutely nothing. LMAO

Starstruck22

Reaction score
So to sum up the posters who feel LVE is outstanding is he is just assigned the wrong gap. Now I get it! I wish you would have said this sooner I would be on board. OMG it all makes sense now. It is all Q’s fault. I thought LVE was just a knucklehead. But now know he is actually a pro bowl linebacker who is carrying out his assignments.

Garbagetime

Reaction score
So to sum up the posters who feel LVE is outstanding is he is just assigned the wrong gap. Now I get it! I wish you would have said this sooner I would be on board. OMG it all makes sense now. It is all Q’s fault. I thought LVE was just a knucklehead. But now know he is actually a pro bowl linebacker who is carrying out his assignments.

You are an absolute moron. I never said he was assigned the wrong gap. Of course you know ths as it's apparent you can read at least at some level. Dan Quinn playing LVE more plays per game than any other front seven.player confirms my position and invalidates yours. The burden of proof is on you as your garbage runs contrary to what Quinn is doing.week in and week out.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tbf we ran all over him today
Very fair point, and to be fair I think this really shows that giving up yards in the run game isn't just an LB problem. My best guess is the Cowboys look for Clark to get more reps and have a solid trio of Clark/LVE/Barr. Nothing special about that group, but I don't think it puts you at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the league either.

I would love to see the Cowboys make a win now move for a guy like Smith, but between the draft capital and money you would have to give him it just doesnt make sense. Plus even if you bring in a top LB does it matter much with the state of our current DLine? Outside of him I don't see another LB that would be a significant upgrade over what we have now. Really when you look around the league you just don't see many great off ball backers. The league has been so focused on stopping these pass heavy teams over the last decade we have shifted the DE/DT and LB positions away from the run game creating excellent opportunities for rebuilding teams to build around run first offenses.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You are an absolute moron. I never said he was assigned the wrong gap. Of course you know ths as it's apparent you can read at least at some level. Dan Quinn playing LVE more plays per game than any other front seven.player confirms my position and invalidates yours. The burden of proof is on you as your garbage runs contrary to what Quinn is doing.week in and week out.
Moderators: violation of rule number 8: name calling and attacking the poster personally. This requires a benching. And i dont respond to rule violators.

Last edited: