Jerry "HOT" about Brad's play sunday?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
@ 50:30 of the show Inside the Huddle:

IRVIN: "hey (T.O.), about Brad. you know jerry called me sunday after the game. he was so hot. he was so hot, he was like 'man they better-'

T.O: "OH, NO NO!! this here is heard live!"

IRVIN: "oh god. hahahah...thanks for telling me!!"

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
GM is hot about backup HE signed off on?????????? JJ needs to get football people and trust them and get out of the kitchen.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nors;2382142 said:
GM is hot about backup HE signed off on?????????? JJ needs to get football people and trust them and get out of the kitchen.

He signed off on him but to say that he did so with the expectations that Johnson would be THIS bad is a lie.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors;2382142 said:

you are contradicting yourself he signed off on him BECAUSE he was trusting the football people

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2382148 said:
He signed off on him but to say that he did so with the expectations that Johnson would be THIS bad is a lie.

? Thats a GM's job - to evaluate talent. Thanks for making my point, JJ the GM erred badly here keeping Brad as his backup. He is ultimately accountable

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2382169 said:
you are contradicting yourself he signed off on him BECAUSE he was trusting the football people

don't believe that in 2008 - at all
JJ is the GM making roster calls

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nors;2382175 said:
? Thats a GM's job - to evaluate talent. Thanks for making my point, JJ the GM erred badly here keeping Brad as his backup. He is ultimately accountable

No, that is the coaching staff's job to inform the Gm of the players that they want on the team.

Jerry signed off on the what the staff told him about the guy, they are to blame.

Now the only fault that can be blamed on Jerry is that he did not get a chance to see the guy in a serious game, yeah they had preseason, but come on, preseason is not even close to regular season game levels.

Why do people always tyr to blame Jerry?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
No actually, there are GM's in the NFL who came up through the scouting ranks and who's job is strictly to evaluate and make the final decisions talent.

However, when you're the owner/head of marketing/billion dollar stadium construction coordinator and GM, you probably don't have time for that, and just have to go on blind faith without watching any film.

FWIW, Jason Garrett is the guy who's opinion he trusted on Brad Johnson ... Jerry's "Golden Boy". Gives you warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nors;2382175 said:

Do you honestly believe that Jerry would have signed him if he knew that Brad would suck as much as he has?

Givincer

Reaction score
I'm not really surprised that he was hot over his play. His play was not acceptable.

No NFL quarterback, "back up" or starter, should so severely cripple the best offense in the NFL. I think any GM or owner would be extremely hot over a back up quarterback coming in and doing what Brad did Sunday. He's worthless.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2382228 said:
Do you honestly believe that Jerry would have signed him if he knew that Brad would suck as much as he has?

I know/knew Brad sucks 2007-2009
If he didn't see it that's on JJ the GM -- it's his job to do that.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2382142 said:
You do realize that the coaches go to Jerry and tell him who to sign right? He may not get everyone they tell him to get but they tell him who they want. Just like in the draft... They told Jerry to get Felix not Mendenhall. Dude think before you post because your posts come off as stupid... Better yet go back to your teams forums and bother them with you lack of football knowledge.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Givincer;2382237 said:
I'm not really surprised that he was hot over his play. His play was not acceptable.

No NFL quarterback, "back up" or starter, should so severely cripple the best offense in the NFL. I think any GM or owner would be extremely hot over a back up quarterback coming in and doing what Brad did Sunday. He's worthless.
A friend of mine told me that Jerry was forcing Brooks down Jason's throat and that Jason was trying to talk Jerry out of it because he likes Brad... As a person I think, He can't possibly like him as a QB... lol

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2382134 said:
@ 50:30 of the show Inside the Huddle:

IRVIN: "hey (T.O.), about Brad. you know jerry called me sunday after the game. he was so hot. he was so hot, he was like 'man they better-'

T.O: "OH, NO NO!! this here is heard live!"

IRVIN: "oh god. hahahah...thanks for telling me!!"

This is somewhat cryptic. Are we to believe that Jerry was incensed over Johnson's play?

Rudy

Reaction score
Nors;2382179 said:
don't believe that in 2008 - at all
JJ is the GM making roster calls

Yeah...I'm sure Jerry was all over the Brad signing. Probably went against the will of his coaching staff. After all, Brad Johnson is a headline grabber, a walking limelight! A true Jerry Jones signing!

Get real, man. You can't blame Jerry Jones for everything that goes bad. We needed a backup QB and I'm sure the panel of people he listens to felt, at the time, that Brad Johnson was adequate enough.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2382148 said:
Anyone who was watching Johnson last pre-season (2007) couldn't have come to any other conclusion.

It appears they allowed Garrett to keep his buddy around, gambling that Romo would stay healthy, or else their talent evaluation is worse than 90% of this board. It was obvious to everyone that Johnson had absolutely nothing last season, let alone this year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2382251 said:
This is somewhat cryptic. Are we to believe that Jerry was incensed over Johnson's play?

My thoughts exactly.

Can I get the definition of "Hot" in this context please? :laugh2: