Jerry "HOT" about Brad's play sunday?

aikemirv

Reaction score
nyc;2383053 said:
Playing preseason vanilla offense against a preseason vanilla defense. Not shooting you down, just making an observation.

I agree with that wholeheartedly about the D's in preseason. I am just saying that I did not see a huge red flag telling me that Johnson would perform as horribly as he has in the last 2 games.

I thought we would have a guy who would be fairly accurate and control the game with consistent short to intermediate routes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
aikemirv;2383104 said:
I agree with that wholeheartedly about the D's in preseason. I am just saying that I did not see a huge red flag telling me that Johnson would perform as horribly as he has in the last 2 games.

I thought we would have a guy who would be fairly accurate and control the game with consistent short to intermediate routes.

I'm right there with you. From what I saw, I was comfortable if Brad had to take the helm.

mnky2hvn

Reaction score
Brooks Bollinger?
Do you realize this guy has thrown only 343 passes in his career and been sacked 46 times?????
Doesn't sound like he's much more mobile than Brad Johnson to me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
mnky2hvn;2383127 said:
Brooks Bollinger?
Do you realize this guy has thrown only 343 passes in his career and been sacked 46 times?????

He hasn't exactly played on any talented teams. Even Joe Montana would have looked like crap if he played on the 89' Cowboys.

I'm not saying he is going to be good, I'm just saying you can't blame everything on him until he produces the same way with a talented team.

MONT17

Reaction score
Its not so cut and dry on both sides the ppl in JerryLand r blaming the coaches for the Brad signin as if Jerry takes every que from them. Well if that's the case explain the Peerless Price signin or the Owens signin. The fact is Brad can't play from a fan stand point it doesn't matter who signd him as long as we get him out here!

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2382134 said:
@ 50:30 of the show Inside the Huddle:

IRVIN: "hey (T.O.), about Brad. you know jerry called me sunday after the game. he was so hot. he was so hot, he was like 'man they better-'

...protect him or he's gonna be a grease spot on the turf."

Speaks to me more of the OL woes than anything.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
That was funny. Thanks for posting it. What's funny is TO shaking his head like I can't believe you almost said that!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
aikemirv;2382945 said:
For all of you guys who seem to have these crystal balls, Johnson performed pretty well during preseason when he had the starters in with him.

nyc;2383053 said:
Playing preseason vanilla offense against a preseason vanilla defense. Not shooting you down, just making an observation.

....................and a darn good observation it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well they already mentioned it on Galloway and Company and it being on YOUTUBE so if there isn't any other clips of it on YOUTUBE than they are reffering to your link DC.

Mosley is giggling like a 13 year old girl too.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2383447 said:
Well they already mentioned it on Galloway and Company and it being on YOUTUBE so if there isn't any other clips of it on YOUTUBE than they are reffering to your link DC.

Mosley is giggling like a 13 year old girl too.
Umm? Could you quote the person you are replying to? I don't really understand what your talking about. What is Galloway talking about? and what link are you talking about? Thanks...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2383482 said:
Umm? Could you quote the person you are replying to? I don't really understand what your talking about. What is Galloway talking about? and what link are you talking about? Thanks...

Somone said something about how they knew some Media people would take this and run with it and it would create a circus by the end of the week.

kmd24

Reaction score
mnky2hvn;2383127 said:
Brooks Bollinger?

While mobility is a factor in avoiding sacks, getting through the progressions quickly is the biggest factor, IMO.

Seven

Reaction score
kmd24;2383664 said:
While mobility is a factor in avoiding sacks, getting through the progressions quickly is the biggest factor, IMO.

You don't have a point with that. Brad gets thru 'em lickety split. All the way down to Barber. You couldn't say "progression" as fast as he's at Barber.

mnky2hvn

Reaction score
Seven;2383706 said:
You don't have a point with that. Brad gets thru 'em lickety split. All the way down to Barber. You couldn't say "progression" as fast as he's at Barber.

Exactly. Which brings us to the real problem. The offensive line. Doesn't matter if it's Johnson or Bollinger, if the line doesn't protect them, they are not going to play well.
Even Romo was looking human over the last few games he played.
When is Kyle coming back?

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Seven;2383706 said:

the sad part he has to because he can't throw it far enough for the WRs to get seperation.:D

Seven

Reaction score
mnky2hvn;2383756 said:
Exactly. Which brings us to the real problem. The offensive line. Doesn't matter if it's Johnson or Bollinger, if the line doesn't protect them, they are not going to play well.
Even Romo was looking human over the last few games he played.
When is Kyle coming back?

Which goes to show a QB is only as good as his OL. I'm not meaning to bash Johnson. Comes in at a bad time with this team, older guy and the game seems too quick for him. I still stand by that he won't lose the game for ya.

WTH happened with Holland? That's what I want to know.

kmd24

Reaction score
Seven;2383706 said:

Who said anything about BJ? I was just explaining BB's stats, i.e., why a QB can be "mobile" and still have a high number of sacks.

My guess is that BJ's problem is that he can't make the throws, which makes otherwise open receivers look covered to him.

newlander

Reaction score
Inman and Nors are 100% right. All you JJ apologists need to back off. He's starting to resemble the captain of the titanic. He needs to hire competent football people and STAY in his private box. Jimmy was right: he just isn;t capable of being a GM.