Jerry "HOT" about Brad's play sunday?

links18

Reaction score
The point here is that someone in the organization screwed up badly. But BJ's play in the preseason should have been enough of a signal that someone else had to be brought in. But BOTH management and the coaching staff blew that one big time. BOTH have a responsibility there.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Nothing starts the day like watching Nors run around in circles.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
From the way some describe it, being an NFL General Manager must be one of the easiest jobs in the world. You just blindly do what someone tells you to do. Doesn't sound like there are any responsibilities with the job. Makes you wonder why the Giants went through all the trouble of replacing Ernie Accorsi with a guy who had climbed up their scouting department ladder for over a decade. Sounds like he's overqualified for the job.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2382703 said:
From the way some describe it, being an NFL General Manager must be one of the easiest jobs in the world. You just blindly do what someone tells you to do. Doesn't sound like there are very any responsibilities with the job. Makes you wonder why the Giants went through all the trouble of replacing Ernie Accorsi with a guy who had climbed up their scouting department ladder for over a decade. Sounds like he's overqualified for the job.

:laugh2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2382148 said:
He signed off on him but to say that he did so with the expectations that Johnson would be THIS bad is a lie.

Hoofbite;2382228 said:
Do you honestly believe that Jerry would have signed him if he knew that Brad would suck as much as he has?

See post below...........Dead nuts on.

InmanRoshi;2382221]No actually, there are GM's in the NFL who came up through the scouting ranks and who's job is strictly to evaluate and make the final decisions talent.
However, when you're the owner/head of marketing/billion dollar stadium construction coordinator and GM, you probably don't have time for that, and just have to go on blind faith without watching any film.
?

khiladi

Reaction score
GMs work with the coaches to select who they deem fit for drafting. Otherwise, you wouldn't find a single coach in the war room on draft day.
Even Parcells and Jerry discussed and argued with over who they wanted.

I'm sure Jerry didn't want that bum Vinny Testaverde either...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;2382251 said:
This is somewhat cryptic. Are we to believe that Jerry was incensed over Johnson's play?

YoMick;2382481 said:
My thoughts exactly.

Can I get the definition of "Hot" in this context please? :laugh2:
Hot in this context means that Jerry was pissed.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Nors;2382142 said:
GM is hot about backup HE signed off on?????????? JJ needs to get football people and trust them and get out of the kitchen.

It's also been said that Jerry is upset that he let Phillips and Garrett convince him that Johnson could handle it.

Goes to show. Everyone wants to say that Jerry runs this coaching staff. Here is a great example of Jerry trusting his coaches decisions. How did that work out for him?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2382134 said:
@ 50:30 of the show Inside the Huddle:

IRVIN: "hey (T.O.), about Brad. you know jerry called me sunday after the game. he was so hot. he was so hot, he was like 'man they better-'

T.O: "OH, NO NO!! this here is heard live!"

IRVIN: "oh god. hahahah...thanks for telling me!!"

Could easily have been, "Man, they better WIN!", which is what we were all thinking.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
links18;2382492 said:
The point here is that someone in the organization screwed up badly. But BJ's play in the preseason should have been enough of a signal that someone else had to be brought in. But BOTH management and the coaching staff blew that one big time. BOTH have a responsibility there.

It was, and Bollinger was brought in. So, lets use him.

Look, don't let other posters and the media mold your opinion on Bollinger. We don't know how he will do. Give the guy a chance.

aikemirv

Reaction score
For all of you guys who seem to have these crystal balls, Johnson performed pretty well during preseason when he had the starters in with him.

I was concerned about him some in preseason too but he did not give signs that he was going to be this bad at all. He threw some nice deep balls and spread it around pretty nicely in those games.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
aikemirv;2382945 said:
For all of you guys who seem to have these crystal balls, Johnson performed pretty well during preseason when he had the starters in with him.

I was concerned about him some in preseason too but he did not give signs that he was going to be this bad at all. He threw some nice deep balls and spread it around pretty nicely in those games.

I must say I don't remember that. I do remember that last game of the season last year though, when he....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
What is really the big deal about Jerry Jones being mad about how Brad Johnson has played?

Do you guys not think he hasn't been upset with the way Terrell Owens or Tony Romo have played?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2382703 said:
From the way some describe it, being an NFL General Manager must be one of the easiest jobs in the world.

Actually, it is. You have hundreds of NFL GMs right here on this board alone.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2382703 said:
From the way some describe it, being an NFL General Manager must be one of the easiest jobs in the world. You just blindly do what someone tells you to do. Doesn't sound like there are any responsibilities with the job. Makes you wonder why the Giants went through all the trouble of replacing Ernie Accorsi with a guy who had climbed up their scouting department ladder for over a decade. Sounds like he's overqualified for the job.
Fair enough... So lets say Jerry is responsible for Brad, then that means he is also responsible for...

1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Michael Irvin
3. Troy Aikman
4. Emmitt Smith
5. Greg Ellis
6. Terence Newman
I don't feel like listing all the players he drafted... He is also responsible for 3 superbowls wins. Countless playoff appearances. For bringing in T.O, Our massive Oline, Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Jason Witten and Felix Jones... Not mention newly acquired Roy Williams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nors;2382179 said:
don't believe that in 2008 - at all
JJ is the GM making roster calls

Of course you don't. Doesn't fit your agenda's. Guess he must have sucked too then when he signed off on Roy Williams, Jenkins, Scandrick, etc.

Nors;2382175 said:
? Thats a GM's job - to evaluate talent. Thanks for making my point, JJ the GM erred badly here keeping Brad as his backup. He is ultimately accountable

Just like he's ultimately accountable for good decisions? Or do those only go to the 'football people' then?

Hoofbite;2382228 said:
Do you honestly believe that Jerry would have signed him if he knew that Brad would suck as much as he has?

Yes, he does. There is no doubt he believes Jerry intentionally does these things just to piss him off.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2382938 said:
Could easily have been, "Man, they better WIN!", which is what we were all thinking.
IRVIN: "hey (T.O.), about Brad. you know jerry called me sunday after the game. he was so hot. he was so hot, he was like 'man they better-'

T.O: "OH, NO NO!! this here is heard live!"

IRVIN: "oh god. hahahah...thanks for telling me!!"

So it was "Hey T.O. about Brad, Jerry called me and he was pissed and he was like they better win!" Why would T.O. stop him from saying that?
"Hey T.O. about Brad, Jerry called me and he was pissed! He said they better play Bollinger?" Sounds a little better to me.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2382936 said:
It's also been said that Jerry is upset that he let Phillips and Garrett convince him that Johnson could handle it.

Goes to show. Everyone wants to say that Jerry runs this coaching staff. Here is a great example of Jerry trusting his coaches decisions. How did that work out for him?

Then again he NEEDS to be stripped of his GM "duties". (Just the power of a "Title" for Jerry :rolleyes: )

As little as Jerry knows about talent he should never be the GM. Any half-assed GM would know about a backup QB. But then again Jerry's to busy pimpin this team to notice.

I wonder if he was as pissed about the Carter gig. Mr. GM.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Red of all people shoud have realized that a backup QB's job entails more than just mop up duty at the end of a game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
aikemirv;2382945 said:

Playing preseason vanilla offense against a preseason vanilla defense. Not shooting you down, just making an observation.