Video: Jerry rips MM

cowboyed

Reaction score
No surprise. In the end Jerry is a coward and always voices his displeasure in the media rather than actually talking to the person. Just like JG, he actually let him stay at the star until the day his contract expired.
I am no fan of Jerry as a GM. He deserves his share of criticism along with Stephen Jones for being incapable of sustaining a more highly competitive team than not over the years. How naïve, the Cowboys organization regularly hold group and individual meetings and Jerry being GM as well likely has to be in on some. So he can't help avoid directly or even sternly talking to personnel even if he wanted to and it is well known from former personnel and the media that Jerry speaks his mind to a fault.

Unless you are part of Cowboys key management or ethereally his shadow you have no ground to stand on with that comment, let alone calling him a coward. He has accomplished quite a lot considering he has come from a working class family and his dad owned a grocery store in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It takes mega courage and fortitude to get as far as he did not only in the oil business but owning one of the top sports franchises.
I suspect he minces his words even less in private. But at nearly 80 years of age I think he is less involved in team matters as he used to be.

Oh the horror, he let Garrett stay at the Star until the day his contract expired. Garrett was in a coaching capacity for nearly a decade and also a player for around 8 years. So he was a valued long timer and Jerry and Stephen likely showed him some consideration or respect. Besides Garrett could have been administratively working on things to the benefit of the organization or for the incoming head coach.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Methinks Jerry is setting the stage to oust MM for either Dan Quinn or Sean Payton, if either is willing. Of course, that would entail a "retooling" of some sort. Who knows if anything will somehow improve, with the two execs who currently inhabit the FO. I would expect such a change to wait until the current season is over, barring unexpected circumstances. Jerry has shown indications of such intentions for some time now. He's getting antsy. o_O
Me thinks you're right
In fact if we somehow lost today or next week
It's going to be a bye week alright.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Me thinks you're right
In fact if we somehow lost today or next week
It's going to be a bye week alright.

I expect Jerry to play out the season, if he decides to oust MM for, let's say, Dan Quinn. Of course, it's not written in stone, or anything of the sort. He does seem to be contemplating the possibilities, though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dang....I heard the first half of the interview this morning before running into a store....I obviously missed this. Did anyone hear exactly what was said, and the tone of it? I was wondering if anyone was as upset about this as myself during and after the game. It may not look on the surface to be a huge deal, but this isn't the first time that Corky has been asleep at the wheel...and what makes me...and no doubt Booger...the most upset, is that Corky is being paid for doing nothing more than MANAGAGING THE GAME. This actually makes me happy, and reinstalled in me just a little bit of faith in Booger...I was under the impression that he was 100% coming around on his confidence in Corky...guess I was wrong.

Ummmm, his job is managing the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
That was it? I was going to force myself to watch that stupid video just to find out what was blown out of proportion. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

McCarthy was wrong for not challenging the spot. Nothing wrong with Jerry pointing that out. But it definitely doesn't mean he isn't happy with McCarthy. Now, if McCarthy's team goes one-and-done in the playoffs or doesn't make the playoffs, then Jerry won't be happy with him overall and maybe will actually fire him. But this is just the usual sensationalist crap that these guys put out.
Yes, there is. Tons wrong w/ it. That's something you keep in house. Period. Beyond stupid for Jerry to spew about this publicly. Act of a coward.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect Jerry to play out the season, if he decides to oust MM for, let's say, Dan Quinn. Of course, it's not written in stone, or anything of the sort. He does seem to be contemplating the possibilities, though.
I think he will put Quinn in on an interim basis that way he can keep Quinn Based on his performance dismissing the interview process

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No disrespect towards Mac
I just believe DQ is more important to the team.
Defensive is what's winning us games.
Yeah but I can't underrate the impact Mike has had on this team winning. Its been players hurt on both sides of the football and they continue to win. Defense is important but how much of the defense is personnel reliant? Is the defense as good if Parsons isn't on it?

conner01

Reaction score
Am I the only one who completely forgot about the non-challenge 25 seconds after it happened?

That was definitely not the biggest contributor to the loss.
The HC is many times not in a position to see if a challenge is warranted and depend on folks up stairs
I’ve been critical of MM for many calls that he’s made but to be fair here he may not have seen whether it should have been challenged in this play

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dang....I heard the first half of the interview this morning before running into a store....I obviously missed this. Did anyone hear exactly what was said, and the tone of it? I was wondering if anyone was as upset about this as myself during and after the game. It may not look on the surface to be a huge deal, but this isn't the first time that Corky has been asleep at the wheel...and what makes me...and no doubt Booger...the most upset, is that Corky is being paid for doing nothing more than MANAGAGING THE GAME. This actually makes me happy, and reinstalled in me just a little bit of faith in Booger...I was under the impression that he was 100% coming around on his confidence in Corky...guess I was wrong.

Mannix-----if Jerry ripped into MM i believe it was "photo op" used to get his team riled up for game ....but could be wrong....now i am going to watch interview you posted for us

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mannix----i was wrong after watching video....i 100% agree with Jerry....why the heck did you not "challenge" that play....i watched closely and the ball hit past marker before rest of body hit......Cowboys could have won game if that would have been properly overruled

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

i am way angry at MM now....just for not challenging play.....not his overall work.....his overall work is good exception not having team ready for game one....but not first time MM had been properly criticized for

not calling a challenge....but overall i think MM is good for our team....everyone it seems calls him a puppet for Jerry worse than red-ball......i dont see it .....i think it was Jerry who had a right to be angry at no

call but handled it immaturally

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mannix--cant believe 4th post on one subject?......but Ceedee used his strength with several defenders trying to rip at ball and tackle him short and Ceedee used all his strength and stretched and touched past

10-yd marker.....you must reward player by getting behind him....MM should have immediately thrown red-flag....again as i stated in previous posts i dont believe "airing" your anger with media the way to handle it

but i do get why Jerry was ticked off....but lets put it behind us and kick some serious Lion butt tomorrow....love it it is early game too

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, there is. Tons wrong w/ it. That's something you keep in house. Period. Beyond stupid for Jerry to spew about this publicly. Act of a coward.

Jerry talks. He puts himself in the public eye. As a coach, you know that going into the job and if you can't deal with it, then you should have gone elsewhere.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not work for the Jones boys again, based on this recent quote:

“The most important element is functional ownership, front office…because there’s a handful of teams that aren’t, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term,” Sean Payton said. “The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture and all those things.”

If there was any question about hiring Sean Payton before, this kills it. Sean Payton has Jerry's number. That means Kellen Moore is definitely the next Cowboy's HC. :facepalm:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah but I can't underrate the impact Mike has had on this team winning. Its been players hurt on both sides of the football and they continue to win. Defense is important but how much of the defense is personnel reliant? Is the defense as good if Parsons isn't on it?
Nice chatting with you...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

If I were to say I'm a little disappointed with your thread... Would that be me ripping you? Just asking, because my definition of management ripping someone is going all in on them. Taking so much crap about them or to them that it's like your trying to get them to quit.

A ripping is a last chance or you're gone butt chewing, IMO.