CFZ Jerry's reluctance to go all in

Blackrain

Reaction score
How should we take this as fans most of us have adjusted our expectations but I don't think any of us really planned on us never going to do enough to win a championship for fear of not being relevant for a couple years.

This is where we stand our owner and GM is not going to be active in free agency or aggressive enough to get us over the top he is very much satisfied with just making the playoffs and staying relevant.

I adjusted my expectations long ago knowing his limitations as a general manager but now it's even more than that it's not his lack of skill but it's his fear of staying relevant.
Worse yet he doesn't even really know the condition of the teams that he speaks about when comparing the eagles and the Rams One team really emptying the bucket and the other having plenty of first-round draft picks to continue to bolster their team.

When you're winning 12 games a season it should be a great time to be a Cowboys fan but when you know that that is the absolute ceiling with maybe a playoff win you can't help but feel despondent

We continue to soldier on we stay the course we root for the laundry but it's all an exercise and futility with an owner and GM that just won't do what's necessary and go the extra mile to get us over the top.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How should we take this as fans most of us have adjusted our expectations but I don't think any of us really planned on us never going to do enough to win a championship for fear of not being relevant for a couple years.

This is where we stand our owner and GM is not going to be active in free agency or aggressive enough to get us over the top he is very much satisfied with just making the playoffs and staying relevant.

I adjusted my expectations long ago knowing his limitations as a general manager but now it's even more than that it's not his lack of skill but it's his fear of staying relevant.
Worse yet he doesn't even really know the condition of the teams that he speaks about when comparing the eagles and the Rams One team really emptying the bucket and the other having plenty of first-round draft picks to continue to bolster their team.

When you're winning 12 games a season it should be a great time to be a Cowboys fan but when you know that that is the absolute ceiling with maybe a playoff win you can't help but feel despondent

We continue to soldier on we stay the course we root for the laundry but it's all an exercise and futility with an owner and GM that just won't do what's necessary and go the extra mile to get us over the top.
It really should be a great time as a Cowboys fan off btb 12 win seasons, we are just conditioned at this point to not at all give them the benefit of the doubt.

They are close, but there’s certain work to be done.

Are they even capable? Will they even try?

The draft alone ain’t gonna get it done and if they haven’t gotten that yet, they probably never will.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Three years ago JJ traded a number one for Cooper and paid 20 mil a year. It worked great and ******** good years but JJ will go large. It’s not that he never has

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s reluctant to go all in because the Cowboys have had stacked rosters go one and done in the playoffs.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have no problem with Jerry getting rid of Cooper but telegraphing to the whole league that you're dissatisfied with him and only getting a ham sandwich when you could have probably gotten a third round pick was just plain stupid

Blackrain

Reaction score
It seems like now that we have a pretty decent coaching staff I'll go out on the limb and say better than we've had in the past he won't be aggressive in free agency and get us over the hump it's very defeating as a fan to try and stay motivated when you know the head of your franchise is only going to go so far and refuses to pull the stops out to get to a championship

Big_D

Reaction score
There's a time and place. If the GM doesn't realize that after back to back 12 win seasons, he never will.

Blackrain

Reaction score
There's a time and place. If the GM doesn't realize that after back to back 12 win seasons, he never will.
Very true when you have most of the pieces in place and you just need a few things to get you over the hump and at least give you a puncher's chance you have to at least try and with the 12-win seasons we have had of late we were close and I think if we were aggressive in free agency we could have gotten further

Blackrain

Reaction score
Before we were always minus the coaching no matter how good of a roster we assembled Garrett just could not get it done now we are coached better not perfect still room for improvement but good enough to get a little further if we were aggressive and free agency and had a little more talent in a few areas

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Please define "go all in" .............the Eagles template is NOT going all in.

Big_D

Reaction score
Very true when you have most of the pieces in place and you just need a few things to get you over the hump and at least give you a puncher's chance you have to at least try and with the 12-win seasons we have had of late we were close and I think if we were aggressive in free agency we could have gotten further

If there was ever a time, 2023 looks like the best opportunity since Jimmy walked out the door. The clock is ticking and that window don't stay open very long.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It really should be a great time as a Cowboys fan off btb 12 win seasons, we are just conditioned at this point to not at all give them the benefit of the doubt.

They are close, but there’s certain work to be done.

Are they even capable? Will they even try?

The draft alone ain’t gonna get it done and if they haven’t gotten that yet, they probably never will.
12 win seasons dont mean as much as it used to.
look at Minn, great in season, but one and done at home , giants take them out.

This past season was a golden opportunity for jerry and his toy, the cowboys.
They only had 2 teams to beat,
1.SF
2.Phil
SF was beatable, esp is dallas had added few FA to help them be better
PHil they would need the FA just to compete and have a chance at beating them, but if they had got some good ones in right positions,
Dallas could have been in SB. But jerry doesnt want to go all in lol, and this was the year to do it, it was obvious early on this was a weak nfc year.
Then the only problem would be beating KC and mahomes, and they were a determined bunch.
So even if dallas had got there beating KC would have been tough with our coaches.

that is the other thing, the coaches jerry hires tend to hold the team back, not help them.
the cowboy players have to overcome inferior coaching to win games and esp big games, and that is hard to do.