CFZ Jerry's reluctance to go all in

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The years haven't always been kind to Jerry in terms of his football decisions.

By now, he surely suspects he's better off to avoid bold moves.

This FO is a no-go when it comes to going all out.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
It just gets very tiresome being concerned bystanders in Jerry's game which includes never using a first-round draft pick for a quarterback.

Continually using the second round draft for his gambling fix.

Desperately trying to come up with a coach that will rival Tom Landry. But failing miserably and wasting good players careers.

Watching players go to other teams and win a championship.

And finally just knowing by his own admission that he will never do what it takes to get us past the divisional round of the playoffs.

We as fans deserve a new owner that is determined to do what's necessary to win a championship.

Jerry as the owner needs us to continually plot along as sheep and follow his money making plan.

I love my Cowboys would never quit on them but the hopelessness of never being able to win a championship has become very wearing on me and I don't think I'm alone

Blackrain

Reaction score
Is worth going "all in" when your franchise QB is Dak Prescott?
Obviously it's not to Jerry but there have been worse quarterbacks that teams went all in and one with Jerry is just not willing to take a chance on his profits.

But he is more than happy to hold our fan hood hostage while he plays out his money-making game and leaves us in a hopeless situation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How should we take this as fans most of us have adjusted our expectations but I don't think any of us really planned on us never going to do enough to win a championship for fear of not being relevant for a couple years.

This is where we stand our owner and GM is not going to be active in free agency or aggressive enough to get us over the top he is very much satisfied with just making the playoffs and staying relevant.

I adjusted my expectations long ago knowing his limitations as a general manager but now it's even more than that it's not his lack of skill but it's his fear of staying relevant.
Worse yet he doesn't even really know the condition of the teams that he speaks about when comparing the eagles and the Rams One team really emptying the bucket and the other having plenty of first-round draft picks to continue to bolster their team.

When you're winning 12 games a season it should be a great time to be a Cowboys fan but when you know that that is the absolute ceiling with maybe a playoff win you can't help but feel despondent

We continue to soldier on we stay the course we root for the laundry but it's all an exercise and futility with an owner and GM that just won't do what's necessary and go the extra mile to get us over the top.
He’s afraid of himself. I agree with him.

What exactly is going for it? Eagles completely sold out. Is that what you mean?

And you take on what Jerry meant is overboard. You’re being dramatic.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How should we take this as fans most of us have adjusted our expectations but I don't think any of us really planned on us never going to do enough to win a championship for fear of not being relevant for a couple years.

This is where we stand our owner and GM is not going to be active in free agency or aggressive enough to get us over the top he is very much satisfied with just making the playoffs and staying relevant.

I adjusted my expectations long ago knowing his limitations as a general manager but now it's even more than that it's not his lack of skill but it's his fear of staying relevant.
Worse yet he doesn't even really know the condition of the teams that he speaks about when comparing the eagles and the Rams One team really emptying the bucket and the other having plenty of first-round draft picks to continue to bolster their team.

When you're winning 12 games a season it should be a great time to be a Cowboys fan but when you know that that is the absolute ceiling with maybe a playoff win you can't help but feel despondent

We continue to soldier on we stay the course we root for the laundry but it's all an exercise and futility with an owner and GM that just won't do what's necessary and go the extra mile to get us over the top.
It's all part of the 30 year plan, bro.

Trust the process.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I would have guessed Jerry as the ALL-in guy.
With others holding him back.

But now I am wondering if he isn't afraid to go all-in and then be down 3-5 years because this team might be what is keeping the old man kicking.
A 4-win season doesn't offer much to live for.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I take it as they are willing to build good but not great teams. Their goal seems to be build a team to make the playoffs not neccessarily go deep in the playoffs. It is more important to them that they are seen as contenders every year than actually take the risk of going all in and having a down year or 2 after.
No not what he meant. That’s ridiculous to think he meant that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would have guessed Jerry as the ALL-in guy.
With others holding him back.

But now I am wondering if he isn't afraid to go all-in and then be down 3-5 years because this team might be what is keeping the old man kicking.
A 4-win season doesn't offer much to live for.
Going all in would be foolish. In the literal sense. But he definitely needs to do more than he is doing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Three years ago JJ traded a number one for Cooper and paid 20 mil a year. It worked great and ******** good years but JJ will go large. It’s not that he never has
Great? I'd call it a complete flop. Didn't get us anywhere and cost us other player possibilities due to his huge contract. Terrible trade that didn't work out at all.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am not really sure what "all in" means. In term of salary cap we always go "all in". We typically push as much money into future years as we can to maximize the current season. If "all in" means trading away premium draft picks to rent veteran player for a few years then I am not a huge fan of going "all in". Spending half your cap on a couple of high priced free agents is not "all in" IMHO. As far as I can tell we are as "all in" as any time should ever be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should he take any additional risks when he already has what he needs? Top revenue and value, ratings and more media coverage for his team than any two teams combined as well as for himself.

He wants another ring but does not need one enough to get overexposed if it goes south.

kskboys

Reaction score
The years haven't always been kind to Jerry in terms of his football decisions.

By now, he surely suspects he's better off to avoid bold moves.

This FO is a no-go when it comes to going all out.
Jerry has exhausted his ideas. Quite simply, he's confused at this point. He has no idea what his next move should be.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Everybody brings a lot of good points and most all are in agreement Jerry has what he wants and is not willing to take the risk and give the fans what they need.
So I ask you my cowboy brethren where does that leave us.
It seems like we are just stuck with a deep-seated loyalty to a team headed by someone that doesn't give us a chance to finish

plasticman

Reaction score
Hold that thought.

The upcoming so-called contract changes to Zeke, Tyron , and Dak will tell us more about Jerry's intentions.

If these are not salary reductions but deferments instead, then Jerry is trading future cap money to use now. That would signal the beginning of "all in".

This will also tie into Jerry's present health and how much time he thinks he still has.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no problem with Jerry getting rid of Cooper but telegraphing to the whole league that you're dissatisfied with him and only getting a ham sandwich when you could have probably gotten a third round pick was just plain stupid
Why would other teams let Cleveland get Cooper for a 5th just because the Cowboys "telegraphed" that they were dumping him?

If another team thought he was worth a 3rd, they would think that both before and after knowing that the Cowboys were dumping him.

GMO415

Reaction score

Jerry is about being good enough. He rather stay relevant, while the iggles have made it to the SB twice in the last five years.

All in might be a great change of pace.