Jerry said CeeDee is as explosive as Deion Sanders

Shane612

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what he said, but speed and explosiveness are not the same thing. Explosiveness generally refers to your take-off off the line, burst coming out of routes, etc. Deion had both speed and explosiveness, which is part of what made him an all-time great. Lamb appears to have explosiveness.

I think it's basically how quick can you reach your top speed, or highest peak of your power.

Legend has it that Deion Sanders was fast, and quick, enough to run a sub 4.2 seconds 40.
:omg:

kskboys

Reaction score
So SJ getting McCarthy is a good thing? No other team was rushing to do so. He didn't re-sign JG like JJ would have, he brought in another retread safe coach who now looks worse than Garrett ever did if we were all being honest.

What exactly has been better in the slightest since SJ "took over"? Bottom of the barrel coach who was out of the league a year, Jaylon, Zeke extensions, 1st for Amari/20M a year (would be okay if one or the other, but you don't pay both)? No FA pickups stick...Aldon was out of the league for years and is by far our best FA.
At least we're starting to draft DT's.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well, I know he wouldn't look quite so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, where in hades did it get around that a nose ring is a good idea?
Or that it looks good lol, the rings are hard to look at , and the hanging buger thing was just awful.
I have to look away when they do the big close ups of him.

kskboys

Reaction score
This reminds me of the reasoning why they took one of the best YAC WR's I've ever seen in Miles Austin and started sending him on go routes. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
All due respect. Jerry is a fool. A drunk one at times to boot. Over 20 years of failure. He has turned a once proud franchise into the biggest JOKE in the NFL. So why would any Dallas fan give a "you know what" about what Jerry or Stephen has to say :facepalm:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has Jerry EVER made a comment about a player that didn't make you cringe? He's an emotionally attached helicopter parent of a GM. He's incapable of shrewd business decisions and even less capable of honest talent/value player observations.

CeeDee is a hell of a baller, but he's not in Deion's galaxy explosively. No one has ever had remotely similar short area closing speed to Deion. His ability to bait and break in his prime was something I've never seen from any other player. Ed Reed miiiiight be in the conversation for second, but still not close Deion.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it's basically how quick can you reach your top speed, or highest peak of your power.

Legend has it that Deion Sanders was fast, and quick, enough to run a sub 4.2 seconds 40.
:omg:

To an extent I agree with that. It's the 0 to 60 factor they like to mention with vehicles. 60 might be your top speed, but if it takes a long time to get there, you are not very exposive.

Deion was an amazing athlete, so comparing someone like Lamb to him in any way is high praise and bears some scrutiny. I just think some are getting explosiveness confused with speed or even other attributes, such as YAC, that may have explosiveness as just one factor.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CeeDee is a nice player, and someday he may become a great player, but he's as explosive as Deion Sanders?....lol
This is why cow-girls suck...their GM is nut job.
When Deion Sanders retired, he was still faster than CeeDee.
Take your cowboys nonsense and shove it.

Hadenough

Reaction score
CeeDee is a nice player, and someday he may become a great player, but he's as explosive as Deion Sanders?....lol
This is why cow-girls suck...their GM is nut job.
When Deion Sanders retired, he was still faster than CeeDee.
Hahahaha dam drunk!