Jerry said, "I would do anything to win another Super Bowl"

Reaction score
For 5-7 million dollars a year for 5 years I sure as hell would. I guess I just don't find Jerry to be as overbearing as he is made out to be for the media. I also think people get way too hungup on these damn titles. Jerry calls himself the "GM" but it's just a title. The guy doing the day to day GM work is McClay and has been others over the course of time. Like any good CEO, Jerry surrounds himself with people who fill in the blanks of his own skillset. And make no mistake.. getting talent to put on the field has NEVER been the issue with the Cowboys.. outside of the end of the 90's run and the beginning of the 00's this team has had more than enough talent to compete on the field. The problem has been the coaches Jerry has chosen plain and simple. Not just head coaches but coordinators too. Campo was a mistake. Garrett was a mistake, not hiring him in the first place but holding onto him for 10 years. Firing Gailey after two playoff seasons was a mistake. But then rumor had it Gailey did not get along with Aikman.. which frankly he absolutely needed to if he was going to stick around. But the worst hires by far have been the DCs.. Rob Ryan.. fail.. Monte Kiffen.. fail.. Mike Nolan.. fail. Now some might say Rod and Richard were also a fail but for the most part those two gave us competitive though not dominant defenses. They just could never turn the corner to being a dominant defense.. but the lack of playmakers on that side of the ball might have had something to do with that. Though in Rod's case he was the one advocating skipping over playmakers on defense in favor of his pet cats.
Name me the multiple All-Pro defensive players they've drafted over the last twenty years not name Ware.

Mannix

Reaction score
Then Fire Corky when he gets off to a terrible start

Cmac

Reaction score
JJ lying again......he has no humility in his body.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
First off, that's a lie, Jerrah. You wouldn't take your clammy hands off the wheel & allow real professionals to run your team. You wouldn't let them build a top ten defense through the draft. (Of course, the way they mis-judge pass rushing talent, I wouldn't let the current crew do it either). Randy Gregory & Taco Charlton-2 picks ahead of TJ Watt-come to mind.

If you truly want to see the Cowboys win it all, sell the team. But, just one more thing you wouldn't do.

Every year the same crap in the offseason to stay relevant in the media.

I believe it when he steps back as GM and kicks his son from the franchise. That would be a start.

Sully

Reaction score
First off, that's a lie, Jerrah. You wouldn't take your clammy hands off the wheel & allow real professionals to run your team. You wouldn't let them build a top ten defense through the draft. (Of course, the way they mis-judge pass rushing talent, I wouldn't let the current crew do it either). Randy Gregory & Taco Charlton-2 picks ahead of TJ Watt-come to mind.

If you truly want to see the Cowboys win it all, sell the team. But, just one more thing you wouldn't do.

Nailed it

HotDog37

Reaction score
Would he hire a great coach again? I'm not saying Jerry is not being serious.

Or am I.