Twitter: Jerry says Quinn turned down a HC offer to remain here

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
It's concerning that the GM and Owner "believes" the guy he just gave a big raise to, may have turned down a HC job to stay. I would hope he would be sure of the status of his employees.

Mannix

Reaction score
BS!!! Is that why he said that he "believed" that he did have an offer??? If he wants to lock Quinn up that bad, then why not make him HC now....is this just to save paying Corky ONE years salary on his contract??? I don't think that Payton will want to come here now....if that is even the plan....because signing Quinn long term tells Payton that Booger is already dictating his staff. Am I crazy here???

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
BS!!! Is that why he said that he "believed" that he did have an offer??? If he wants to lock Quinn up that bad, then why not make him HC now....is this just to save paying Corky ONE years salary on his contract??? I don't think that Payton will want to come here now....if that is even the plan....because signing Quinn long term tells Payton that Booger is already dictating his staff. Am I crazy here???

Every coach except Tuna, Jerrah dictated who was on the staff before hiring the coach. Not sure how Payton would like that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Payton's an offensive guy. If Quinn's defense is as good or better than it was this year, I don't think Payton would have a problem with that. He went years in New Orleans trying to find a good DC. And it's possible that DC will be the next head coach of the Saints, so he possibly won't be available if Payton becomes head coach next year.

stinkface

Reaction score
Perhaps. I think Jerry is playing word salad games again. He knows exactly whether DQ was offered a head coaching gig. DQ works for Jerry. DQ would have told him if he was offered a job or not. Being cute doesn't wear well. Come on man.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has never learned when the owner talks too much publicly, it’s usually bad for his coaches. He does it over and over and over and over. Fools never learn.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Got a raise from the Cowboys, head coach money...still being paid by the Falcons....players love him...he has it made here.....next in line for the Cowboys head coaching job....

stinkface

Reaction score
Lets get real. If X reporter says "Jerry, was DQ offered a head coaching job?" Would anyone expect Jerry to say "No"? Call it the Texas Two Step.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I don't think Quinn ever wanted to leave, I think he enjoy the hands on coaching.

He can be hands on as a head coach as well... I'm on the fence myself. Personally, I think he wanted to stick around to work with Parsons for at least another year to see how he progresses. But then again, HC means more money.... It's hard to tell....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Likely head coach in 2023, in order.

1. Dan Quinn
2. Sean Payton
3. Mike McCarthy
4. Jason Garrett

Doomsday101

Reaction score

yes, he retained him because he is a very good DC who in 1 year made a big difference to this unit and they hope to build off that. Cowboys made no secret of the fact they wanted to do what they could to retain Quinn and now they have. Quinn also stated when he got hired that he loved going back to being DC and really enjoyed it and I do think his return has as much to do with finishing what he started in Dallas and the young players on this defense

Dre11

Reaction score
He can be hands on as a head coach as well... I'm on the fence myself. Personally, I think he wanted to stick around to work with Parsons for at least another year to see how he progresses. But then again, HC means more money.... It's hard to tell....

And more responsibilities

glimmerman

Reaction score
Does Quinn even want the HC job here. He knows the amount of power he would have..