Twitter: Jerry says Quinn turned down a HC offer to remain here

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Well then why did he interview?

That's BS.

Quinns agent called Jerry and bluffed him into a raise.

At least it was deserved.

What do you mean why he interviewed? By doing the process he twisted Jerry's arm into coughing huge $$$$ to keep him here. It's reported by a few sources that he got a substantial pay increase.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Quinn is clearly the backup plan in case MM gets off to a slow start.

If we don’t at least make an NFC title game next year this is Sean Payton’s team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What do you mean why he interviewed? By doing the process he twisted Jerry's arm into coughing huge $$$$ to keep him here. It's reported by a few sources that he got a substantial pay increase.
That's pretty much what I said....

I suppose it was a little unclear.

But I realize why Quinn did it.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Quinn is clearly the backup plan in case MM gets off to a slow start.

If we don’t at least make an NFC title game next year this is Sean Payton’s team.

Makes up for a fun next season. We either are going to be great and get close to a Super Bowl or we get Sean Payton.

CWR

Reaction score
It's odd that be took so many interviews without intention. He must have used it as leverage for not only money, but future assurances.

shabazz

Reaction score
I would stay here instead of a HC job all day and twice on Sunday……why be held accountable with another team when you can stay here, get paid, and keep your job clapping all the way to the bank?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Fact is he wanted Denver only. Once Denver went another route so they could potentially land Aaron and Adams, Quinn felt the other teams weren’t good jobs.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
First of all, Jerry is a proven liar. He lies every year, starting with being "all-in" on winning. Secondly, Jerry Junior came out immediately and said MM was going to be the coach, and the only thing you can take to the bank is Daddy and Son's support of failed coaches and players. You telling me that Quinn turned down a job because he thought Jerry would fire MM right now and make him HC? After one year? Please. I'd say the angriest person in the room would be MM, but I'm sure he's in a barn watching tape.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Yes, because he was headed to Jacksonville next (but thought they hired there formal QB by then?), that is not making sense.
The whole thing with Leftwich is weird. It was announced that he was going to Jacksonville and then the reports were there was things still to be ironed out.

I’m pretty sure Quinn pulled out from Denver. I think he was just testing the waters to see if there was an offer he couldn’t refuse!

Dre11

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I don't think Quinn ever wanted to leave, I think he enjoy the hands on coaching.

Dre11

Reaction score
The whole thing with Leftwich is weird. It was announced that he was going to Jacksonville and then the reports were there was things still to be ironed out.

I’m pretty sure Quinn pulled out from Denver. I think he was just testing the waters to see if there was an offer he couldn’t refuse!

Leftwich told Jags he wasn't taking the job unless they fired Trent Balke and hired former cardinal Adrian Wilson

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would not want to coach the bears, nyg, minn or Jags, but miami I would.
look at the qb's would you want to depend on Jones in ny, fields in chi, cousins in minn, or tua in miami?
Jags are a total rebuild even though they have trevor. I might take that job if give 5 years and big salary.

Miami seems to be the best gig to me that a coach could turn into a winner quickly.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dan just got major brownie points with jerry, that much is for sure.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Quinn's just looking to ride McCarthy's coattails to a Championship.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So mike now has dan, kellen, peyton all looking to take his job lol. I think one of those 3 will be the next HC of cowboys.
Maybe kellen gets miami job , have to see what happens there.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I followed along your explanations to the few unbelievers yesterday and could only shake my head at their inability to grasp such simple truths.

I couldn't even understand it and my background is in human behavior, lol!

jmo

thank you! Seriously. I started to wonder if It was me