Twitter: Jerry says Tyron Smith is "iffy" for Sunday

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Has edoga been the issue? I think Tyler is #1 rated guard in league Id hate to move him off that.
I haven't gone back and rewatched each game but live it felt like Edoga has been fine. I think he's just drawing criticism because his name isn't Tyron or Tyler.

Having said that, I think Tyler would be better at either spot than anyone else on the roster. With Bosa's on the docket, I am a little concerned about Edoga.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if the Cowboys will try out Asim Richards at Tackle. He seemed to do okay there during preseason, but I'm sure the Cowboys don't want to derail his confidence by putting him out there too soon.
We've had nice leads in 3 of the 4 games, seems they could have slid him in for some stress free snaps.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Our 6th OL is like a nickel CB. You may not call them a starter, but they are. Giants just signed Pugh to PS and will call up once he shows them he can get through a practice which is expected day 1. This was the guy I wanted as depth and has OG/OT flex which is just what we need.

starfan1

Reaction score
I haven't gone back and rewatched each game but live it felt like Edoga has been fine. I think he's just drawing criticism because his name isn't Tyron or Tyler.

Having said that, I think Tyler would be better at either spot than anyone else on the roster. With Bosa's on the docket, I am a little concerned about Edoga.
theyll just move Bosa around to get the matchup they desire. The line has to man up. All 5 of them have to have good days

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's funny you just glossed right over the fact that I mentioned just about a lot of those big name free agents are up in age and most of them are already hurt go list me all the ones from this offseason that was coveted top ten free agents acquired and then we can go down the list and see how they're doing right now of course you can use it as a tool but I'm telling you it's no guarantee those dudes get hurt as well those dudes under produce as well I'd rather have the young guys the tools can't be there after a 17 game season it's a battle of attrition I don't care how many people you bring in it's almost never enough ask the 49ers I mean how many quarterbacks could you have had to make up for that?? You will lose key players and the drop off will be significant no matter what you do in the offseason there is not enough players to go around and I'm not gonna say it over and over and over that I've seen it happen we've seen it and you just ignoring it....

Look around the league the New York Giants and other teams can't even feel five good starters on the offensive line and you expect Jerry Jones and this team to have enough depth on the old line to cover up four injuries already??! Now who's being delusional you're just talking and you're not hearing yourself this league does not have enough good players to have that kind of depth some people just get lucky yeah they dip their toe in free agency at work and then yes they got a title but then the next year it all fell apart these students are usually old and again the only one that we should have brought in that I was wrong about it's Wagner that's it there isn't a lot of dudes that we could have got that would have worked out and that would have been there for the playoffs if the playoffs is that your goal in your mind you think the battle of attrition after playing 17 games all that depth was gonna be ready to go for the playoffs it's a guarantee it's a lock right??

Stop the nonsense there are no guarantees there are no blueprints no matter what you do you just gotta get through the season as healthy as possible and hope that luck was on your side like the Eagles the Eagles did that death did not help them look help them they got to play the lowly New York Giants and then a very helpless 49er team to get to their Super Bowl that is 100% luck
No blueprint is perfect, but you can go through the roster of Super Bowl winners over the last 10 years (probably longer) and you will not find one that did not use all areas of team-building. That includes mainly building through the draft, but supplementing that with cheap free agents, trades and yes, top-quality costly free agents.

I've already named one ... the one I would have acquired if possible (Hargrave). He had a great season last year, is proven quality, isn't too old and is doing quite well in San Fran. You absolutely have to be picky if you are acquiring expensive FAs. Dallas' problem before it adapted its current philosophy is that it used it to fill a position of need whether that expensive player was worth the money or just the top player at that position available that offseason. That gets you burnt.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Ready to start developing Richards. Tyron will be back whenever he gets back...this was expected.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No blueprint is perfect, but you can go through the roster of Super Bowl winners over the last 10 years (probably longer) and you will not find one that did not use all areas of team-building. That includes mainly building through the draft, but supplementing that with cheap free agents, trades and yes, top-quality costly free agents.

I've already named one ... the one I would have acquired if possible (Hargrave). He had a great season last year, is proven quality, isn't too old and is doing quite well in San Fran. You absolutely have to be picky if you are acquiring expensive FAs. Dallas' problem before it adapted its current philosophy is that it used it to fill a position of need whether that expensive player was worth the money or just the top player at that position available that offseason. That gets you burnt.
And I'm gonna tell you last year the team that did the least in the offseason was the Kansas City Chiefs and they won against the team that did the most in the offseason who went all in and still lost now what now what are you gonna do I'm going recent history running back by committee receiver by committee and they hardly spent a damn dime on free agents and still won the Super bowl

I just trumped you don't give me it's only because of Patrick mahomes doesn't matter they did not go all in they did not reach out in free agency and get anybody big matter of fact they did less than us last year you can't build a team for every possible injury scenario or suspension scenario or lost like we did Travis Frederick scenario with health or COVID you just can't do it there is no blueprint is what I'm saying we are building a team you know how many injuries we got through last year I mean you wanna go back over all the games we won missing key players that means they're doing something right and you got fans who just have this one narrative that just can't get off of and I'm trying to get you off of it if not let's just end it here I disagree that you think they're not doing enough by how many offensive lineman they brought in it doesn't matter if you think they're cheap because they did it with Terrence Steele and it paid off... I'll trust right now that our depth on the offensive line and actually throughout this team right now is pretty solid but you can't account for every scenario... no team can...

Motorola

Reaction score
I am just going to pretend Tyron is no longer with the team. When and if he ever plays I will pretend he is making a guest appearance like a big time actor does in a cheesy sitcom.
No show was better with those cameos than the 1960s "Batman" series.
The Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder "climbing" up a high-rise building wall - then a window opens, and a celebrity leans out, and has a brief conversation with the dynamic duo. :)

gimmesix

Reaction score
And I'm gonna tell you last year the team that did the least in the offseason was the Kansas City Chiefs and they won against the team that did the most in the offseason who went all in and still lost now what now what are you gonna do I'm going recent history running back by committee receiver by committee and they hardly spent a damn dime on free agents and still won the Super bowl

I just trumped you don't give me it's only because of Patrick mahomes doesn't matter they did not go all in they did not reach out in free agency and get anybody big matter of fact they did less than us last year you can't build a team for every possible injury scenario or suspension scenario or lost like we did Travis Frederick scenario with health or COVID you just can't do it there is no blueprint is what I'm saying we are building a team you know how many injuries we got through last year I mean you wanna go back over all the games we won missing key players that means they're doing something right and you got fans who just have this one narrative that just can't get off of and I'm trying to get you off of it if not let's just end it here I disagree that you think they're not doing enough by how many offensive lineman they brought in it doesn't matter if you think they're cheap because they did it with Terrence Steele and it paid off... I'll trust right now that our depth on the offensive line and actually throughout this team right now is pretty solid but you can't account for every scenario... no team can...
Kansas City paid JuJu Smith Schuster $10.75 million to lure him in for one season after trading away one of its top receivers. We paid James Washington $1.08 million after trading away one of ours. Guess which team went to the Super Bowl? You think Smith Schuster and his 78 catches for 933 yards wouldn't have helped us more than Washington?

The Chiefs also signed Marques Valdes-Scantling for three years, $36 million and Justin Reid for three years, $31 million. So Kansas City supplemented what it got for cheap and through the draft with some more expensive pieces that it needed.

Absolutely no one is saying the team should do the most in the offseason, only that the team should make use of all avenues of team building. If you can't see that, then I agree that this conversation is fruitless.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I am just going to pretend Tyron is no longer with the team. When and if he ever plays I will pretend he is making a guest appearance like a big time actor does in a cheesy sitcom.
:muttley:

Be like those old Cheers episodes when he comes through the door, except instead of "Norm" the entire stadium will be "Tyron!"

giphy.gif

Reaction score
It's mind boggling that they would address this Tyron situation with scrub longshots. Here's hoping they know what they're doing,,, or get lucky again, I'll take either.

Motorola

Reaction score
:muttley:

Be like those old Cheers episodes when he comes through the door, except instead of "Norm" the entire stadium will be "Tyron!"

giphy.gif
My best friend (Giants fan) away watched.
I never, ever sat down and viewed even one episode.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kansas City paid JuJu Smith Schuster $10.75 million to lure him in for one season after trading away one of its top receivers. We paid James Washington $1.08 million after trading away one of ours. Guess which team went to the Super Bowl? You think Smith Schuster and his 78 catches for 933 yards wouldn't have helped us more than Washington?

The Chiefs also signed Marques Valdes-Scantling for three years, $36 million and Justin Reid for three years, $31 million. So Kansas City supplemented what it got for cheap and through the draft with some more expensive pieces that it needed.

Absolutely no one is saying the team should do the most in the offseason, only that the team should make use of all avenues of team building. If you can't see that, then I agree that this conversation is fruitless.
So they overpaid for a spare part do you just miss Schuster is a backup wide receiver that they put as a starter you wanna see how he's doing this year can you stop this this is nonsense they did not pay much money in the offseason they did not bring any big names and they did not bring frontline starters in they did not stop trying to say they did..

gimmesix

Reaction score
So they overpaid for a spare part do you just miss Schuster is a backup wide receiver that they put as a starter you wanna see how he's doing this year can you stop this this is nonsense they did not pay much money in the offseason they did not bring any big names and they did not bring frontline starters in they did not stop trying to say they did..
If you consider nearly 80 receptions and 1,000 yards a spare part, you are lying to yourself to make you feel that what you are saying is true. It's No. 2 receiver production, which we certainly didn't get from Washington or anyone last year.

I gave you information that showed that your premise about "the team that did the least in the offseason" is wrong and you attempt to flip it into them overpaying for "a spare part" despite the fact that he provided them with very good production. In fact, he was the Chiefs leading receiver last year (other than Kelce at tight end, of course).

I can see based on your answers that you are going to defend your premise despite the facts that have been presents, so I'm done here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you consider nearly 80 receptions and 1,000 yards a spare part, you are lying to yourself to make you feel that what you are saying is true. It's No. 2 receiver production, which we certainly didn't get from Washington or anyone last year.

I gave you information that showed that your premise about "the team that did the least in the offseason" is wrong and you attempt to flip it into them overpaying for "a spare part" despite the fact that he provided them with very good production. In fact, he was the Chiefs leading receiver last year (other than Kelce at tight end, of course).

I can see based on your answers that you are going to defend your premise despite the facts that have been presents, so I'm done here.

James Washington seriously I didn't even bring him up he was supposed to be a three or a four nobody knew that gallop wouldn't come back strong nobody knew that Tony tolbert was gonna end up not developing at all nobody knew Noah brown was gonna be our number two but by the way city lamb was here already he was better in every way did juju Smith shoot surf why would we need to go out and get a number one when we let amari Cooper go on purpose because CD lamb is the number one juju Smith Schuster was not a number one he played in that offense with that quarterback the only reason he got 80 for 1000 it was spare parts that they put together the team with what we call running back by committee and wide receiver by committee and use the draft they did not spend big money in the open market in free agency at all.. And by the way if he was truly a number one if juju Smith Schuster why is he not with the chiefs anymore?? That would be a spare part of one year rental and only 80 receptions are you kidding me how many receptions did city lamb have on his rookie deal he was the number one we did not need the number one there was no need to get another wide receiver going into the year they did not realize that all that was gonna happen at the wide receiver position including James Washington getting hurt and Noah brown and everyone dropping passes and having ricochet off their hands...

I don't wanna talk about this anymore the chiefs did not spend really any money compared to the rest of the NFL at the top spenders as it were just like us they basically drafted well and brought in some real basic people that's it that's the truth that's how it went even in the draft look at the running back.. 7th round pick that's right a 7th rounder basically ended up being their number one.. I'm not doing this anymore if you wanna keep trying you're failing they were one of the bottom five teams in spending just like we were...

Smith22

Reaction score
Another season of tyron missing games to injury...... I respect what he accomplished in the past, but at some point enough is enough.