Twitter: Jerry says Tyron Smith is "iffy" for Sunday

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No, you act like the draft or free agency is a given like hey I'm just going to go get an overpay someone it's going to workout....

you remember Earl Thomas ,Jamal Lewis, Eric Berry, and many others even OBJ at one time was coveted by this place and this is what happens in free agency those dudes are absolute busts on their last hurrahs.. Same what other day is Jalen Ramsey is not doing well this year he got injured this is what happens when you pay the free agents that are available, and it doesn't necessarily work out what are you talking about cheap they just paid their own people Martin and Steele are making that bank.​

Then they drafted players every year they found their center who's probably going to either get paid or have to leave.. They found their left guard or left tackle of the future...

I mean you act like they don't address this, you're like all the other people on this site that act like they didn't just bring in five offensive lineman this offseason they have dudes on this team,

like Wally, Asim Richards, bass, Hoffman,& Edoga etc I mean there's a bostick is on the practice squad... I mean dude they brought in people, and I think Richards could be that guy either he is or he isn't they are addressing it, the free agency isn't the Bible it isn't guaranteed and a lot of times those dudes fall on their face... They are going young& mixed in with vets and we have that right here on this team right now.. Seriously dude you think there's a never ending pile of money and it never-ending open-end salary cap when both are not true at all.. They can only address so many positions and free agency mixed in with the draft picks and hold on a little money for the future in case we have a rash of injuries at one position right now we're covering up those injuries down the road we might need to bring in somebody.

And by the way out of all the free agents the last five years that most of the fans wanted they were all bus except for one that would be the Seattle middle linebacker Wagner ,that I was wrong about him we should have picked him up the year before last and then kept him here for three seasons you know last year this year and next because he would have helped this linebacker core..

All the rest of them they're either been injured been out underperforming overpaid heating up salary cap they're not doing as much as they were supposed to do some of them are already retired I mean dude you guys act like it's just go dial up free agency automatic everything's fixed...

The way this front office and this coaching staff are doing it is this all that matters right the records no team can fully cover up with depth every injury and they cannot overload their team with great players because it's just not possible it's not the way it's set up you want us to have how many deep in offensive lineman when there's about eight or nine teams in the league that can't even get 5 starters together...

we are 12-5, 12-5, 3-1 ... Oh and if you really want to get technical, they finished the season what four and one in 2020 after that mess or was it three and two down the stretch??

Either way, since the end of 2020 and Mike McCarthy era this team has been looking up and all you can do is come in here and act like you have better answers because you act like they're being cheap no they save the money so they can bring back Zach Martin so they can pay Terrence Steele so they can pay Trayvon diggs CD, and Parsons coming soon. Oh and now bland is shining, we see potential in Bell and Thomas..

The Cowboys are going to be a victim of their own success and the draft have to pay all these young players money because they keep hitting over and over and over in the draft there's no need for much free agents I agree with the way that Jerry Jones is doing things for now...

so, you can bring in more players around the rest of the team you can't keep throwing resources at one position we have gotten offensive lineman for the last five or six years...
Free agency is a tool to be used. Teams that have won Super Bowls recently have used it well, adding a few key pieces at market cost. There is not a single team that has won the last few years that did not spend big money on at least one acquisition. That the Joneses essentially cap their use of outside free agency at cheap pickups because they missed on Brandon Carr is insane. It is tying one hand behind your back and hoping to win a fight.

Being 12-5 means nothing if you do not have the tools to get the ultimate prize.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tyron Smith is going to be in the hall of fame one day, but over the last 5 years his injuries are reaching levels that are bordering on satire.

On another note, Edoga will get absolutely destroyed by Bosa unless extra blockers are sent every time. He simply will not hold up. I hope the coaching staff is well aware of this.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Love Tyron's legacy as a Cowboy but it's really time to cut ties here moving forward or just designate I.R. for yet another year.

Motorola

Reaction score
Love Tyron's legacy as a Cowboy but it's really time to cut ties here moving forward or just designate I.R. for yet another year.
No matter how many gamers Tyron plays this regular + plus postseason...this is his final year in a Cowboys uniform.
Hopefully he can be an NFL Champion standing in Vegas next February.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So, with Tyron likely out, how many more sacks will Chuma Edoga give up at left tackle before the Cowboys give the spot back to Tyler and move Edoga back inside to guard?

lopey

Reaction score
Jerry’s playing chess right now. He is bluffing. He is always the optimist. I say he’s playing

fredp22

Reaction score
bothers me reporters still go to Jerry for player info re games. All 31 other owners would have redirected the question to the HC. Its what caused Jimmy/Parcells to leave. MM has to grow and pair and tell Jerry he makes those decisions.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well they haven’t announced they did a MRI have they. If they aren’t doing that then they are setting him maybe for this game. The iffy is likely JJ trying to be tricky. Lol.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Tyler is the highest rated guard in the NFL right now
That's the tough decision. Tyler is the best guard, but Edoga is a liability at tackle. However, in two games Edoga was decent at guard. And we saw Tyler play really well out at tackle as a rookie.

So I think the Cowboys need to ask themselves this: is the dropoff at guard from Tyler Smith to Edoga greater than the improvement at tackle that Smith would be over Edoga?

lopey

Reaction score
If Tyron can't suit up for games like this one then it's time to move on from him. Unfortunately, in today's NFL players aren't hungry enough anymore especially after they sign those huge mega contracts.
You do know it’s not up to the player. Medical staff has the final say if guys play. So saying players aren’t hungry is incorrect. The rules have changed since the 80’s

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Tyron can't suit up for games like this one then it's time to move on from him. Unfortunately, in today's NFL players aren't hungry enough anymore especially after they sign those huge mega contracts.
It has nothing to do with hunger. The medical staff has a big say now. So does the Players Union- remember the Tua fiasco last season?

The NFL is more concerned with players' quality of life after football in this era, as they should be. In five, ten years nobody will remember or care about week five in San Fran. So is it really worth it for any player to wreck their body the rest of their lives over it?

I understand football is a brutal sport and the players are well paid to play it. But another thing is effectiveness- would a gimpy Tyron Smith really be an asset against the 49ers' defense anyway?

GINeric

Reaction score
Without our offensive line intact, I don't know how anyone can expect us to beat the 49ers. If we do, I'd be grateful but I just don't see it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Free agency is a tool to be used. Teams that have won Super Bowls recently have used it well, adding a few key pieces at market cost. There is not a single team that has won the last few years that did not spend big money on at least one acquisition. That the Joneses essentially cap their use of outside free agency at cheap pickups because they missed on Brandon Carr is insane. It is tying one hand behind your back and hoping to win a fight.

Being 12-5 means nothing if you do not have the tools to get the ultimate prize.
It's funny you just glossed right over the fact that I mentioned just about a lot of those big name free agents are up in age and most of them are already hurt go list me all the ones from this offseason that was coveted top ten free agents acquired and then we can go down the list and see how they're doing right now of course you can use it as a tool but I'm telling you it's no guarantee those dudes get hurt as well those dudes under produce as well I'd rather have the young guys the tools can't be there after a 17 game season it's a battle of attrition I don't care how many people you bring in it's almost never enough ask the 49ers I mean how many quarterbacks could you have had to make up for that?? You will lose key players and the drop off will be significant no matter what you do in the offseason there is not enough players to go around and I'm not gonna say it over and over and over that I've seen it happen we've seen it and you just ignoring it....

Look around the league the New York Giants and other teams can't even feel five good starters on the offensive line and you expect Jerry Jones and this team to have enough depth on the old line to cover up four injuries already??! Now who's being delusional you're just talking and you're not hearing yourself this league does not have enough good players to have that kind of depth some people just get lucky yeah they dip their toe in free agency at work and then yes they got a title but then the next year it all fell apart these students are usually old and again the only one that we should have brought in that I was wrong about it's Wagner that's it there isn't a lot of dudes that we could have got that would have worked out and that would have been there for the playoffs if the playoffs is that your goal in your mind you think the battle of attrition after playing 17 games all that depth was gonna be ready to go for the playoffs it's a guarantee it's a lock right??

Stop the nonsense there are no guarantees there are no blueprints no matter what you do you just gotta get through the season as healthy as possible and hope that luck was on your side like the Eagles the Eagles did that death did not help them look help them they got to play the lowly New York Giants and then a very helpless 49er team to get to their Super Bowl that is 100% luck