Twitter: Jerry Seems To Be Hinting At Less ST Risks

817Gill

Reaction score
What a goof

Lol I will say that odds are one of these will work somewhere. Hopefully it’s in a big spot because if he’s gonna cost us games then he better help win a big one.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like the aggressiveness but if i'm being honest...over-all...i'm still disappointed in our special teams play.
our k-returners continue to try to run out of the end zone instead of just downing it and giving us better field position than the usual result on their return.
it's early in the season but hopefully our tackling improves on that side of the ball.
they are in position but seem to do a lot of clutchin' and grabbin'.
zeuerlein hopefully is back to normal.
i like our punter.
but something still seems not there yet about our special teams.
avg at best and nothing really special....save the dramatic on-side kick vs atlanta last year.
wish all of our special teams were upto zeuerlein's level.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, the stuff people rag about. Everyone knows what Jerry means, when he says "I" in this type of statement.
It is no different that a fan saying "we" in a statement. When in fact the fan has nothing to do with the team. Just as Jerry has nothing to do with that game plan or plays.

Jerry was even asked that question on NFLN Sunday morning. Jerry said no, he is not and never has been involved in game planning or personnel. But he is privy to the info before the games.
As an owner or CEO, would you not want to know what is going on in your company, as well, the competition.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man, the stuff people rag about. Everyone knows what Jerry means, when he says "I" in this type of statement.
It is no different that a fan saying "we" in a statement. When in fact the fan has nothing to do with the team. Just as Jerry has nothing to do with that game plan or plays.

Jerry was even asked that question on NFLN Sunday morning. Jerry said no, he is not and never has been involved in game planning or personnel. But he is privy to the info before the games.
As an owner or CEO, would you not want to know what is going on in your company, as well, the competition.
:clap::clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I believe it, and again as an owner I think he has done good on everything but keping the GM. I may be wrong but when there is no loss of job for performance, it hard to hold that person accountable. If he was just the owner he could be in the GM and HC meeting saying "who's neck is on the line for this ST coach being rogue 50% of the time".

fredp22

Reaction score
questioning/2nd guessing one of you subordinates decisions in public does absolutely nothing but hurt moral. Jerry has a problem with the call he should talk to his managers in private and backed the decision in public. He learned absolutely nothing by losing Jimmy over doing this.

For Machota to go to Jerry after talking to the ST co-ord is just an attempt to stir up controversy and has no other purpose. He had his answer from the coach who called the play. Machota looks like a jerk here. MM should blacklist Machota for a while

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I believe it, and again as an owner I think he has done good on everything but keping the GM. I may be wrong but when there is no loss of job for performance, it hard to hold that person accountable. If he was just the owner he could be in the GM and HC meeting saying "who's neck is on the line for this ST coach being rogue 50% of the time".
You are getting hung up on the power of ownership once again. The rules of accountability don't apply to the owner. I never liked the idea of the owner also being the GM. There is just too much conflict of interest there but it is what it is. In this case, Jerry the GM is hinting that the ST will evaluate the risk/reward factor more conservatively in the future. Bones must have got a talking to.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
4th and 20 no way we should be trying to block a punt.

Kickoff?? Just let it go to the endzone. Id love to see the avg starting field position across the league when a team runs it out. It seems to me its rare to reach the 25, and 15% of the time there is a penalty... maybe more.

Reward is too minimal to risk running it out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"To be very candid with you, I'm a little more conservative," Jones said. "We won a national championship with special teams when I was in college, so I'm a fanatical special teams interested fan, whatever. I do believe that the bad plays in the kicking game are the equivalent of turnovers. They usually change possession and can change field position. And, so I really like to choose my spots on taking those kind of risks. You're taking a risk every time you try to block a punt."

"I played on a team that actually punted from the 29-yard line going in to have better field position. … We spent our first 25 minutes of every practice doing nothing but special teams. We would practice with broom handles behind our back so we wouldn't use our hands and so we wouldn't get those penalties. And so it was a really conservative way but a big emphasis on special teams. And I'm sure as we go along, that will find its way going forward."

John Fassel Explains Punt Rush Call vs. Chargers (dallascowboys.com)

fivetwos

Reaction score
The guy remains clueless as to how much he undermines his head coach when he does this.

All because he loves to hear himself talk.

Been saying for years.....I don't need him to quit.....just shut up.