Twitter: Jerry: Smith was the 16th player on our board

kumizi

Reaction score
Hopefully he’s a hard worker because he has a lot to work on.

I’m just confused how a playoff team from last year seems to be admitting and operating like a team that doesn’t think it has any shot at a title this year. Major downgrade in talent in free agency. Taking a project in the first.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep in mind Will McClay is only present at these press conferences because the GM and the Director of Player Personnel are fake and incapable of breaking down players to the media.
I guarantee they only regurgitate whatever McClay tells them about the player in their meeting 5 mins prior to the press conference

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson
Travon Walker
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux

Devonte Wyatt
Jordan Davis

Sauce Gardner
Derek Stingley
Trent Mcduffie

Garrett Wilson
Chris Olave
Jameson Williams
Drake London

Evan Neal
Icky Ikwenu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson

Kyle Hamilton

I'm not doubting the pick at 24, just the 16th best comment. Dallas thought Tyler Smith was superior at playing the game of football over FIVE of these guys? That's so... odd.
Don’t forget we don’t know the character or medical backgrounds on these guys.

Tonight I’ve heard Jermaine and Wyatt had character concerns and at least Green/Williams had medical concerns

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully he’s a hard worker because he has a lot to work on.

I’m just confused how a playoff team from last year seems to be admitting and operating like a team that doesn’t think it has any shot at a title this year. Major downgrade in talent I’m free agency. Taking a project in the first.
Only thing I can think is that they’re trying to set themselves up for Sean Payton in the next year or two. But by that time, there will be even more holes to fill. It’s beyond perplexing and frustrating

Ken

Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson
Travon Walker
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux

Devonte Wyatt
Jordan Davis

Sauce Gardner
Derek Stingley
Trent Mcduffie

Garrett Wilson
Chris Olave
Jameson Williams
Drake London

Evan Neal
Icky Ikwenu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson

Kyle Hamilton

I'm not doubting the pick at 24, just the 16th best comment. Dallas thought Tyler Smith was superior at playing the game of football over FIVE of these guys? That's so... odd.
Jerry, to Stephen's SHOCK, showed their player rankings to the media that was printed "3 days ago" that apparently showed they had Smith ranked above Zion and Kenyon.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jermaine Johnson would have knocked Dante Fowler off your depth chart completely. That would have been such a strong pick.

Johnson, Lawrence, Fowler, Parsons. Offense tackle wasn't the reason you lost to the 49ers. It's because you couldn't make Jimmy Garropolo look like the QB he is that's about to get cut.
Actually we did. Garropolo literally threw the game to us. We lost we couldnt capitalize after that, and then because we couldn't manage the clock well late after Garropolo gave us another chance

Either way, a first round pick shouldn't be about why you lost the last game. It should be about team building. And Johnson was the better team building pick

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Said the same thing about Conner Williams......How that turn out? This front office is a joke....and their behavior on the war cam was just insulting as a fan. They all should be fired....I've lost all faith in McClay. He and that Hall kid just collect crap off Twitter....just like everyone else.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This doesn't bother me that much. I'm guessing it correlates with his poor technique. Clean up the techniques and penalties probably goes away.

It bothers me that you are trusting the clean up to happen with a team that was an Oline penalty machine

Ken

Reaction score
we all know that’s a blatant lie. But they’re going to sell the pick hard to the fan base, and a good percentage of those fans are going to lap it up. There’s zero chance they had him that high
Jerry showed the media their player rankings. I am sure there will be a blown-up picture here soon of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson
Travon Walker
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux

Devonte Wyatt
Jordan Davis

Sauce Gardner
Derek Stingley
Trent Mcduffie

Garrett Wilson
Chris Olave
Jameson Williams
Drake London

Evan Neal
Icky Ikwenu
Charles Cross
Trevor Penning
Kenyon Green
Zion Johnson

Kyle Hamilton

I don’t doubt them. The Cowboys draft well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Don’t forget we don’t know the character or medical backgrounds on these guys

I think we have a good idea on that stuff, if there was enough info to spread leaguewide that everyone was avoiding him, the pundits always catch wind of that or report on it shortly after. It seems like it was position-related. Teams going nuts over WR's/DB's/OL around where he should have been taken.

Ken

Reaction score
Said the same thing about Conner Williams......How that turn out? This front office is a joke....and their behavior on the war cam was just insulting as a fan. They all should be fired....I've lost all faith in McClay. He and that Hall kid just collect crap off Twitter....just like everyone else.
Connor wasn't the biggest bust we have ever seen by any stretch.

Started a lot of games for us and got a pretty big second contract in FA.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
They got rid of two of the worst offenders.

And replaced them with another and same coaches. I’m not saying kid can’t be good, I’m
Saying it’s poor drafting reaching for someone who exemplifies your bugaboos