Twitter: Jerry Speaketh

lockster

Reaction score
I'm fearing the same.

And I'm putting that on the player.
If he can't play this year, get him in surgery and let's get this fixed, so he doesn't pull a d Lawrence and miss half of the next year and be out of shape

lockster

Reaction score
I wonder if this plays into the theory that Jerry wants to rebuild? He even stated during the draft he was considering Edwards-Helaire if he fell to them in the 2nd round. Why would he do this if we already have Zeke and Pollard? It's possible that he is now tanking for Trevor Lawerence. Very interesting, We'll have to keep watch on Jerry's next moves. It seems that defense will continue to be ignored next year, despite our offense being fine as is (Minus needing a new OC)
Hope so, let's get that QB!!!!! In the draft. Let's tank so bad, we get the first three picks. Lol

the playmaker

Reaction score
Well, the Collins tweet isn't too promising.

the doctors don't know We're trying to work through some structure issues. ... The longer you go, the less optimistic you get

this is the way Lael....."I want new contract dear papaJerry"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Throwing into that crowd, even Mahomes would have to have been lucky. Don't make it like he would have completed it and no other QB could.

Seems like the best thing to do would have been to throw it away and try again, but I can't say Romo would have done that and I don't know on Mahomes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Facts hurt but its the truth..there is gap..Dak and his agent doesnt see it but looking around at teams like say the Texans who just overpaid for their QB that is 0-3 now , well shows theres a gap..a BIG ONE
Based on Watson’s start with Texans at 0-3 , Jethro could justify paying Dakster more .

In all fairness though we might want to consider their 3 opening opponents. Chiefs, Ravens and Steelers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Based on Watson’s start with Texans at 0-3 , Jethro could justify paying Dakster more .

In all fairness though we might want to consider their 3 opening opponents. Chiefs, Ravens and Steelers.

noones truly judging Watson but its apparent that there are 3-4 Elite Qbs paying that deserve 35+ and the rest are not Dak ones who is not elite IMHO I lime him but just because owners make bad decsions and pay tier 2 guys like Watson more then Watson, why should jerry?

he may have to now but Fan POV are based in more actual common sense without caving to a bloated qb market..

Dak and Watson are coin flip on whos better but i might take Watson in pickup game if i had to choose..not sure

you look at teams that seem to win no matter their QB in short term burst like Nick foles eagles SB ring owner, Titans switching mid season, NE seems to win with their backups and now cam, and i see SF has done pretty well with their they have JG or a backup..

the market should stall and head back the other way and start paying QBs closer to what other big time players make 20-25 mil would keep the cap% spread out amongst more quality players..

i dont believe 2nd tier qbs should be making double that of guys like AAron Donald and players like him that actually impact the game more..

those players have taken notice and guys like Hopkins now demanding more money and that going to truly show that the QB market is really messing up the cap..

if it keeps headed this way I believe the NFL needs to go to a softer capo like the NBA and the teams with the better QBs or the biggest overpaid players can break the cap but have that luxury tax penalty etc..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one can instill confidence in our fan base like the 78 year old GM for life who’s masterminded 4 wild card wins in 25 years. The guy who saw Jason Garrett worth keeping for a decade can certainly reassure a fan base looking for hope that his 26th attempt to win even a divisional playoff game is under control.

Thanks Jerry.

Big_D

Reaction score
People still actually listen to this clown? The guy talks in circles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
noones truly judging Watson but its apparent that there are 3-4 Elite Qbs paying that deserve 35+ and the rest are not Dak ones who is not elite IMHO I lime him but just because owners make bad decsions and pay tier 2 guys like Watson more then Watson, why should jerry?

he may have to now but Fan POV are based in more actual common sense without caving to a bloated qb market..

Dak and Watson are coin flip on whos better but i might take Watson in pickup game if i had to choose..not sure

you look at teams that seem to win no matter their QB in short term burst like Nick foles eagles SB ring owner, Titans switching mid season, NE seems to win with their backups and now cam, and i see SF has done pretty well with their they have JG or a backup..

the market should stall and head back the other way and start paying QBs closer to what other big time players make 20-25 mil would keep the cap% spread out amongst more quality players..

i dont believe 2nd tier qbs should be making double that of guys like AAron Donald and players like him that actually impact the game more..

those players have taken notice and guys like Hopkins now demanding more money and that going to truly show that the QB market is really messing up the cap..

if it keeps headed this way I believe the NFL needs to go to a softer capo like the NBA and the teams with the better QBs or the biggest overpaid players can break the cap but have that luxury tax penalty etc..
Remember before Russell last year , Ryan was the highest paid QB in 2018 and Stafford in 2017 both in the next tier you’re referring to.

The market drives the price as much as talent level. And after one year it changes much like this year. That’s all part of the game in the NFL with Franchise QB’s. Wilson at 35 mil one year later seems low.

In a couple years Dak salary would probably be more in place with his talent level. You have to give it up or he’ll seek it elsewhere. QB’s even in 2nd tier are a hot commodity. It could take us years to find or develop another. And I’m not a huge Dakster.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
This guy doesnt have as long of a leash on things as he thinks.

People are gonna start tuning him and this team out sooner than he thinks.....

Especially if it appears that he blew this coaching hire also.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remember before Russell last year , Ryan was the highest paid QB in 2018 and Stafford in 2017 both in the next tier you’re referring to.

The market drives the price as much as talent level. And after one year it changes much like this year. That’s all part of the game in the NFL with Franchise QB’s. Wilson at 35 mil one year later seems low.

In a couple years Dak salary would probably be more in place with his talent level. You have to give it up or he’ll seek it elsewhere. QB’s even in 2nd tier are a hot commodity. It could take us years to find or develop another. And I’m not a huge Dakster.

IDC this has been discussed to death that MY OPINION and and Answer to why fans will forever debate this..the pay scales are way off target for QBs and needs to change..the other skilled players some that are much better players make HALF HALF what a Tier 2 QB and its starting to have ripple effect on the cap as those skill players are coming to table and saying we want more, where does it stop..io can tell you where it starts, smarter owners stop paying QBs that much when its obvious they dont deserve it..the market is what the owner make it , if they decide a new lower qb pay scale is up for change, they can change it..

it happened wit the rookie QB pay scales way back when and it can and will happen soon because 4players cant take up 75% of the cap and thats where its headed.. OR the cap will be softened or get rid of it because something got to give,,

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IDC this has been discussed to death that MY OPINION and and Answer to why fans will forever debate this..the pay scales are way off target for QBs and needs to change..the other skilled players some that are much better players make HALF HALF what a Tier 2 QB and its starting to have ripple effect on the cap as those skill players are coming to table and saying we want more, where does it stop..io can tell you where it starts, smarter owners stop paying QBs that much when its obvious they dont deserve it..the market is what the owner make it , if they decide a new lower qb pay scale is up for change, they can change it..

it happened wit the rookie QB pay scales way back when and it can and will happen soon because 4players cant take up 75% of the cap and thats where its headed.. OR the cap will be softened or get rid of it because something got to give,,
That’s for the NFL to work out. Until then this is what it is if you want a Tier 1 or Tier 2 QB. Which without pretty tough to win in this league. The only other current option is to continue drafting QB’s so you only have to pay Rookie contracts.

At least then if you don’t have an Elite QB you can try and build a stout supporting cast and top defense and roll the dice you can draft well enough every 4 or 5 years on a QB.

Which might not be a bad solution rather than over paying average talent . It’s basically what we are doing on other positions in Cap era.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s for the NFL to work out. Until then this is what it is if you want a Tier 1 or Tier 2 QB. Which without pretty tough to win in this league. The only other current option is to continue drafting QB’s so you only have to pay Rookie contracts.

At least then if you don’t have an Elite QB you can try and build a stout supporting cast and top defense and roll the dice you can draft well enough every 4 or 5 years on a QB.

Which might not be a bad solution rather than over paying average talent . It’s basically what we are doing on other positions in Cap era.
I fully realize the alternative but looking around at how fast some QBs more so then in the past have rookie QBs adapting quicker to the nfl , i mean we found Dak in the 4th , 40mil for 8-8 . 1-2 records i know i know its not all on Dak but im pretty sure we can have similar results for less money and then have new window.

im not saying do this but it can happen..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to know we liked CEH. He was my favorite back out of that class. I think people would have lost their mind if we took him in the 2nd round though.