Twitter: Jerry Speaks on Jaylon & Zeke’s Contract Extensions

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Jerry is a genius and we are the fools. Jerry plants these little seeds out there. At the time, they are laughed at but when one of the players does something good, the casual fans put these comments and that play together and think "superstar". They go out and buy a jersey and dream of their guy winning a super bowl. Jerry wins.

No other owner hypes his own players this relentlessly because its bad for the team in the long term. You end up paying them more and holding onto them for too long. Jerry's primary goal isn't winning though. I'm sure he would like to win but his primary motivation is money. As such, he has to keep the hype machine going.

InTheZone

Reaction score
This guy has NO idea the awful message he sends to the rest of the team when he decides to make himself look better.

THATS the big problem here, and there isnt a single coach who can overcome it at this point.

I mean....how hard is it to say something like "they havent performed as well as we had hoped so far this season. We are working to help that as we go along...."

Something vague like everyone else would say.

Instead, no. He has to do this. Even Elliott and Smith know they havent played well, but I guess Jerry figures he has to have their back.

Problem is what that does to everyone else.

And I promise everyone the next time this team wins Elliott and Smith arent on it. I really dont know why this guy just cant learn to shut his mouth.
the way some people are with Dak around here is the same way Jerry is with almost the entire team

bewp7

Reaction score
the real scarey part is i do not think that is just “what else is he suppose to say” type of answer...i think he really does believe jaylon and zeke are great.

catiii

Reaction score
You may hate Jerry the GM, but he's loyal and probably a great guy to sit down and have drink with
Not in a million years. I've hung with people you wouldn't believe if I told ya' at the old Cipango Club and the Twenty-One Club in Dallas...Jerry wouldn't impress me none.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Not in a million years. I've hung with people you wouldn't believe if I told ya' at the old Cipango Club and the Twenty-One Club in Dallas...Jerry wouldn't impress me none.
Why would anybody be impressed, I just said he'd be a fun guy to hang out with, probably has great old man stories

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry brought in MM, which I slammed from day 1, but was universally applauded on this board, and MM SUCKS. His fake punts come at horrible locations on the field and come at horrible times. Add in losing your franchise qb and this seasons results are predictable.... EXACTLY like 2015, and EXACTLY what happens to 90% of all teams that lose a franchise QB to injury. Hey, how did the Packers look a few years back when Rodgers went down? How did the Steelers do when Big Ben went down a couple years back?

yeah, and that was with the great Mike Tomlin.

Hey, how are those Pats and the greatest coach of all time looking now that he has entered QB purgatory like so many teams?
Well, you see, it's this way. Jerry knew we needed to tank. Soooooooooooooo, bringing in MM is his way of tanking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cern

Reaction score
i'd have no problem having a drink with jerry.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry clearly said "home run" and not "touch down" .

huh ... see the difference . one is a baseball reference . in it ?