Jerry/Stephen royally screwed up again

InTheZone

Reaction score
They can't handle getting a total steal in the draft. They have to destroy that incredible advantage.

In 2011 they draft a RB in the 3rd round who plays behind an offensive line of free agents and rookies and averaged 5.5 yards a carry. In 2012 the RB played behind an offensive line composed of 5 starters that never played their position in the NFL. In 2013 he made the Pro Bowl and rushed for over 1100 yards with 53 receptions for 350 yards. In 2014 He was a 1st team All Pro while breaking the Cowboy record for most rushing yards in a single season with 1845 yards. He also had 57 receptions for 416 yards giving him 2261 yards from scrimmage.

In 2015, that combination of familiarity and cohesion between a RB and great O-line was gone. Jerry decided to lowball DeMarco Murray on his contract and didn't make a real offer until it was too late and the damage had already been done. this was another guy with great character and leadership, a guy who gave everything he had on the field and you never heard anything about him that wasn't related to being on the field.

Priority must be given to those who spent some of their first contract years on suspension, injury lists and police blotters.
Jerry didn't lowball Murray, Murray had clearly been used up in the 2014 season, you could actually see him lose a step as the season went on. Murray was at the age for MOST RBs with that mileage that it would not be wise to break the bank for and the Cowboys were right in their assumptions.

Some athletes are special and play at a high level later than most players do, I believe Zeke is one of them, only time will tell

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you serious???? The AAA Eagles had 10 or 11 starters out of the second game and Dak's shoulders were to small to carry the team. I could careless about his so called injuries. I'm sure if you asked him if injuries played into his ability to lead the team that day, his response would be" hell no"!. JJ had a very fair deal on the table and Dak's agents made a big mistake by not signing it. Everyone is on JJ's *** over this and to be honest, JJ has bent over backwards to get key players signed to long term contracts. Dak has it made playing on this team, look at his running backs, offensive line, wide receivers and TEs. Dam JJ grandson could probably take this team to the playoffs. Nope JJ did his part and Dak let greed get the best of him.......
Go look the definition up of greed and get back to me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry didn't lowball Murray, Murray had clearly been used up in the 2014 season, you could actually see him lose a step as the season went on. Murray was at the age for MOST RBs with that mileage that it would not be wise to break the bank for and the Cowboys were right in their assumptions.

Some athletes are special and play at a high level later than most players do, I believe Zeke is one of them, only time will tell
Of course Jerry low balled Murray. That was a given because we were concerned to extend him long term due to injury history plus we thought we could be effective with RB by committee.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I found it.....DAK
200.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Wait till he's in the huddle.....the only 1-year rental.
Lead who....where?
And taking into consideration how well he handles pressure you have a formula for an incoming disaster!!
he already ran off Dez from talking in the huddle hurting his feelings.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait till he's in the huddle.....the only 1-year rental.
Lead who....where?
And taking into consideration how well he handles pressure you have a formula for an incoming disaster!!

Dak was offerred a really fair deal, how do you think that is going to play out in the locker room with guys coming up for big deals who know there QB wants to take more money off the table that could go to them, after turning down 33-35m with 110m guaranteed, i promise you this will come back to haunt Dak with some of his teammates. It's not like the Cowboys low balled him with their offer