Jerry/Stephen royally screwed up again

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rarely do you get a QB the caliber of Dak Prescott in the 4th round and enjoy the fruits of a 4th round picks salary for 4 years. Dak sacrificed his body and soul diligently working on his game to improve all the while dealing with an incompetent coaching staff. And this is what Jerry and crew have done. It’s embarrassing to be a Cowboys fan right now. The organization sucks. I shouldn’t be surprised but I am.

Hater!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nothings changed really, Dak's still the QB and the offense is loaded. Big Mike gets a year to see if he wants to keep Dak.

Dak performs well for Mike he'll get that contract and vice versa.

It's all good...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothings changed really, Dak's still the QB and the offense is loaded. Big Mike gets a year to see if he wants to keep Dak.

It's all good...
Basically we’re willing to pay millions more for one more test run. 4 years wasn’t enough?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
$110 million guaranteed was way too low. Should have at least been at least $120 million. This article and another estimating what a fair deal would be both said it should be $125 million guaranteed on a five year deal. Obviously if Dallas would have been willing to do a four year deal the guaranteed money would be lower but for five years it didn't make sense to sign that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-even-if-the-cowboys-qb-wants-to-go-shorter/

Yep. Been saying that since the beginning of all these rumored offers and even posting that very same article. None of them are fair with guarantees sitting at around $110M on 5 years. But also notice how your post got almost completely ignored. This is why I say people have an agenda against players making money period. They go with their "greedy" narrative, evidence to the contrary be damned. Dak shouldn't have signed any of those deals if that's what they were.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's all good...

You act like Ben DiNucci isn't even on the roster.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Finished 8-8 last season, couldn't beat a decent team, hell couldn't beat the Jets or the AAA Eagles and a lot of stats came from prevent defenses because we were behind in games. This is a 4th rd pick who has played like a 4th rd pick. Dak couldn't beat the big boys in college and he has issues against the big boys in the NFL. I believe we saw his ceiling last season and because of this the team will have to depend on each because Dak's shoulder's aren't large enough to carry this team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the same organization that betted on themselves with Romo....TWICE....tried to draft Johnny Manziel over Zack Martin....tried to draft Connor Cook....tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch....this organization has shown they have zero ability to accurately know what to do with the quarterback position. So I'm not shocked they let their franchise QB play on the tag.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Finished 8-8 last season, couldn't beat a decent team, hell couldn't beat the Jets or the AAA Eagles and a lot of stats came from prevent defenses because we were behind in games. This is a 4th rd pick who has played like a 4th rd pick. Dak couldn't beat the big boys in college and he has issues against the big boys in the NFL. I believe we saw his ceiling last season and because of this the team will have to depend on each because Dak's shoulder's aren't large enough to carry this team.
Didn't Dak beat the Eagles by almost 30 points?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Hard for me (or anyone really) to decipher how much of that was on legitimately awful coaching and a defense that couldn't make meaningful stops in critical situations, and how much was Dak. I worry about his performance against winnig teams and his accuracy, but I also feel he had some serious handicaps.

Also, the people who evalauted Garrett all these years are the same ones making the calls with Dak's contract. Hard to believe they were this awful at assessing Garrett but are suddenly now brilliant evlautors of Dak.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is the same organization that betted on themselves with Romo....TWICE....tried to draft Johnny Manziel over Zack Martin....tried to draft Connor Cook....tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch....this organization has shown they have zero ability to accurately know what to do with the quarterback position. So I'm not shocked they let their franchise QB play on the tag.
It's crazy to me that all of this evidence is out there (mainly becuase the two morons in charge openly admitted it) yet so many fans here try to pretend it's not real.

Don't forget that after we couldn't trade up for Lynch, couldn't trade up for Cook, and "settled" for Dak, the following things occurred before they finally went with Dak:

1) Romo gets hurt
2) Kellen Moore breaks his leg in an early August practice. That's right ladies and gentlemen, after a 4-12 season, we were about to go 1-15 with Kellen Moore.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17206014/dallas-cowboys-backup-qb-kellen-moore-breaks-right-leg
3) Cowboys tried to sign unsigned Nick Foles, who said he'd rather go be a backup in Kansas City because he thought he could develop more.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...igned-with-the-chiefs-over-the-cowboys-080516

This team absolutely fell butt backwards into Dak and then failed to capitlize on their good fortunes.

The Jones Family. Great for making money. Terrible at football.

cern

Reaction score
Rarely do you get a QB the caliber of Dak Prescott in the 4th round and enjoy the fruits of a 4th round picks salary for 4 years. Dak sacrificed his body and soul diligently working on his game to improve all the while dealing with an incompetent coaching staff. And this is what Jerry and crew have done. It’s embarrassing to be a Cowboys fan right now. The organization sucks. I shouldn’t be surprised but I am.
Stephen handled things professionally. Wasn't his fault dak and agent were overly greedy and weren't smart enough to pick up on stephen's comments about the pie. After he signed jaylon and collins stephen let it be known the pie was getting smaller. Dak just kept asking for more. Dak thought he was bigger than the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's crazy to me that all of this evidence is out there (mainly becuase the two morons in charge openly admitted it) yet so many fans here try to pretend it's not real.

Don't forget that after we couldn't trade up for Lynch, couldn't trade up for Cook, and "settled" for Dak, the following things occurred before they finally went with Dak:

1) Romo gets hurt
2) Kellen Moore breaks his leg in an early August practice. That's right ladies and gentlemen, after a 4-12 season, we were about to go 1-15 with Kellen Moore.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17206014/dallas-cowboys-backup-qb-kellen-moore-breaks-right-leg
3) Cowboys tried to sign unsigned Nick Foles, who said he'd rather go be a backup in Kansas City because he thought he could develop more.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...igned-with-the-chiefs-over-the-cowboys-080516

This team absolutely fell butt backwards into Dak and then failed to capitlize on their good fortunes.

The Jones Family. Great for making money. Terrible at football.
EXACTLY! And they still don't get it. They still take him or granted.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol what would u have had them do?? give him whatever he wanted?
He isnt mahomes, and with the situation now and state of the nfl, dak was an idiot to not take this deal when it was offered.
It was more than he deserved.
But HE turned it down, and now he has to live with that.
And so do you.

I am not embarrassed to be a dallas fan now, I thought they would cave but they didnt, so I salute them on this last part.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why don't you sit down and think why you are all confused.

12+88=7

Reaction score

There is the difference you don't see.

You and others in the fanbase believe that Prescott is a franchise QB, but Dallas doesn't. That's what you have to wrap your head around.

You need to start seeing the situation as it really is not what you would like it to be.