Jerry/Stephen royally screwed up again

Swagger

Reaction score
This is what kills me. Y'all say Dak suck but want the Jaguars best player in return for him when they have Minshew who they like but the jury is still out on. It just makes no sense what you guys do lol.
QB is more important than a pass rusher.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys claim they have never given a 4 yr contract to a blue chip player. I can understand why they didn't want to now especially after the contract wasn't agreed last season so they couldn't spread the salary cap hit over a longer period of time.

I genuinely believe if Dak had spoken directly with the Jones boys early on that they would have offered him more money in a 5 year contract.
Cowboys have never done a lot of things. But when you sell this franchise and its fans that he's your franchise quarterback a thing like years shouldn't be a issue. Not from 4 to 5. If its 2 years I understand.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So they have him from next season and to avoid getting involved in a horse trade with other teams on the open market.

The Jaguars makes sense. Their prime pass rusher has already requested to leave just chuck in a pick with that and it gets done.

If Dak cant be signed next offseason then they must trade him. And might as well just blowup the entire team and start over. Trade Zeke, Lawrence, Cooper. Any quality player that is over 24 years old should be traded.

Hell, it may take another 10 years or more before we find another QB. Your dream may come true. :muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
QB is more important than a pass rusher.
ONCE AGAIN.....you are selling me this and it makes no sense. If QB is more important than pass rusher then why in the hell would you trade Dak and a pick for him lol? It makes no sense however you slice it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
trade him to a desperate bad team, and let's see what he can do without a talented offensive line, RB and WR.
then no more excuse one way or the other.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak cant be signed next offseason then they must trade him. And might as well just blowup the entire team and start over. Trade Zeke, Lawrence, Cooper. Any quality player that is over 24 years old should be traded.

Hell, it may take another 10 years or more before we find another QB. Your dream may come true. :muttley:
That's another thing. You want to look for a quarterback two years from now you just wasted Lawrence, Cooper and Zeke's prime among others. Just foolish to do. If you move on from Dak it better be a few guys going with him.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Rarely do you get a QB the caliber of Dak Prescott in the 4th round and enjoy the fruits of a 4th round picks salary for 4 years. Dak sacrificed his body and soul diligently working on his game to improve all the while dealing with an incompetent coaching staff. And this is what Jerry and crew have done. It’s embarrassing to be a Cowboys fan right now. The organization sucks. I shouldn’t be surprised but I am.
The Dallas Cowboys aren't holding you hostage.
Make yourself a bird so you can fly far, far away from here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. I can’t say Dak is blameless in this situation, but all we have to go by are reports, and the most consistent reporting has been that the deadlock was on length of the contract. Other than an ocassional report here and their over the offseason, most reporting has not indicated annual average Or guaranteed money was the problem.
Right so I'm not getting the whole "greedy" angle. Seems like the Cowboys were the ones greedy if what's being reported is true.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

No question......

Swagger

Reaction score
ONCE AGAIN.....you are selling me this and it makes no sense. If QB is more important than pass rusher then why in the hell would you trade Dak and a pick for him lol? It makes no sense however you slice it.
Because Prescott is an upgrade on Minshew but Prescott himself doesn't set a high bar and is overrated. Put crudely we would be Trading an overrated asset. Plus we would be receiving a draft pick in such a scenario.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's another thing. You want to look for a quarterback two years from now you just wasted Lawrence, Cooper and Zeke's prime among others. Just foolish to do. If you move on from Dak it better be a few guys going with him.

Exactly. This entire core of young players in their prime that we just singed on will be all but wasted. It really is amazing. Jerry finally gets the team to where they have a set up 3-5 years window and he blows it. LOL

The guy should be put out to pasture. I guess he has another year to negotiate. Hell he may even get lucky with Denucci for all we know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
naw just the quarterback and his fans over the team. oops.
A big part of why this team has sucked for so many years. Fans settling for whatever the Jones's feed them. Jerry and co. will piss on you and tell you its rain and all y'all will do is grab a umbrella smh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because Prescott is an upgrade on Minshew but Prescott himself doesn't set a high bar and is overrated. Put crudely we would be Trading an overrated asset. Plus we would be receiving a draft pick in such a scenario.
Ahhh he's a "overrated asset" but the Jags should trade their best players for him. Got it. Oh and we also get a draft pick? Nice lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I mean he's betting on himself I don't know the end game for him now. I'm sure he is on someones team and hell I'm not even sure if the Cowboys are through with him. At the very least he franchise tags for another year I'd have to think. None of this makes sense to me personally from the Cowboys angle or the Dak angle. It was like the Leveon Bell situation though to a different degree. He was holding out but I didn't get him leaving all that money on the table like he did.

And Bell will never recoup what he lost either.

This whole deal strikes me as dumb on everyone’s part.

Swagger

Reaction score

Why do we need to blow it up?

People disagree over this contention but in terms of team wins I think it would be a wash between Prescott or Dalton starting next season. We draft a QB in 2021 in the first round. Rookie contract for 4-5 years and Prescott's most productive season was yes his first.

We have a load of quality young players. The O Line will be set for another 3-4 years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
trade him to a desperate bad team, and let's see what he can do without a talented offensive line, RB and WR.
then no more excuse one way or the other.

He had Garrett and the horrid coaching staff for 4 years. Nothing worst then that. Marginal defense. Heck he spend half a year with the worst pass catchers in the NFL before Cooper. Spend 6 games without Zeke and with Zeke on a 8 game Cabo hangover.

LittleD

Reaction score
Cowboys did the exact right action for a change. They got Dak 4 years ago and there will be another young QB in next year's draft. His agent didn't let him sign and obviously he didn't want to deal so get what you can from
a trade down the line and move on. We have a pretty good QB that can hold the fort until we find another one. Geez!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. This entire core of young players in their prime that we just singed on will be all but wasted. It really is amazing. Jerry finally gets the team to where they have a set up 3-5 years window and he blows it. LOL

The guy should be put out to pasture. I guess he has another year to negotiate. Hell he may even get lucky with Denucci for all we know.
I hope for their sake Dinucci is the next Romo. That seems to be what Jerry and co. wants. Failed with Romo so get another younger one to fail with him too lol.