Jerry surprised on RB talk Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

"... Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest."

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Clueless.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Both jugheads are claiming there’s no concern with our RB situation. They keep pretending everything is fine. Was listening to Jerry’s radio interview on the fan, he’s sounding more like porky pig every day. It’s painful listening to him.
In my opinion I'm not concerned about the running back position I'm concerned about the run game the scheme the blocking and utilization of each back in a bit specific play call.. I think this looks disjointed because Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to properly use running back by committee if you need any proof go back and look at last year he had it completely backwards he used Tony like Rico and Rico like Tony literally just failed that is not the way you use the running backs and this year he ain't using Vaughn correctly and I believe he brought in zeke too late in this game...

I'm taking a leap here because I have no proof I believe he says before the game which player's gonna start and at which point in each game he's gonna bring in the other players and it does not matter where we are in the game what situations in front of us what down in distance he's going to use all three running backs however they happen to be on the field and fall into place at..

I mean any more proof he doesn't even really know how to use Turpin as a weapon last week it made me just cringe at how many passes to the edges and and they didn't work four times so he did it two more times I mean against that team in that situation that was a terrible use of Turpin and whoever else was out there instead of trying to take the top off the defense when the game started getting away from us I hardly seen any passes over 20 yards and please don't blame the quarterback and don't even really blame the receivers I realize there wasn't much separation'cause they were making it way too easy we throw all this stuff underneath and and you basically let the defense dictate what you're gonna do this is what it looks like..

So I don't care if we had prime Emmett Smith right now I think he'd make him look bad Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to get it... I mean he just confuses me on why he's bringing these guys in and using the way he is it makes no sense Ezekiel Elliott should be used for short yardage blocking and goal line well we have to get to the goal line first 'cause that's not working right now but starting Rico I was OK with that but he left him in there too long there were situations was Rico was getting absolutely smashed and run blocking and where was he I don't know I think he came in in the second quarter sometime because I bet that's what he had in his notes to do...​
If this continues three more weeks if I'm Jerry I'm going to Mike McCarthy and taking play calling away from him and then making a demand to the actual offensive coordinator whoever that might be I forget his name and make sure he knows what I want out of this offense and figure out a way to get it done..​
Like I said I've seen running back by committees that actually can work and they don't need to be dynamic if they're being blocked correctly and you bring in the right running back for the right call it can work it's not working I'm blaming Mike McCarthy first and foremost and maybe that's what Jerry's saying even though he's not saying it and him not knowing about Calvin cook that's because he's leaving it up to Mike McCarthy because Mike McCarthy said he wasn't sure yet they're deciding I think after they finished practice this week and they're gonna decide when they're doing the active list..​
But if he continues to use Vaughn like this there's no reason for him to ever be active that is not how you utilize a guy like him you need zone blocking you need direction and motion and get him out in space if not leave him at home...​

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In my opinion I'm not concerned about the running back position I'm concerned about the run game the scheme the blocking and utilization of each back in a bit specific play call.. I think this looks disjointed because Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to properly use running back by committee if you need any proof go back and look at last year he had it completely backwards he used Tony like Rico and Rico like Tony literally just failed that is not the way you use the running backs and this year he ain't using Vaughn correctly and I believe he brought in zeke too late in this game...

I'm taking a leap here because I have no proof I believe he says before the game which player's gonna start and at which point in each game he's gonna bring in the other players and it does not matter where we are in the game what situations in front of us what down in distance he's going to use all three running backs however they happen to be on the field and fall into place at..

I mean any more proof he doesn't even really know how to use Turpin as a weapon last week it made me just cringe at how many passes to the edges and and they didn't work four times so he did it two more times I mean against that team in that situation that was a terrible use of Turpin and whoever else was out there instead of trying to take the top off the defense when the game started getting away from us I hardly seen any passes over 20 yards and please don't blame the quarterback and don't even really blame the receivers I realize there wasn't much separation'cause they were making it way too easy we throw all this stuff underneath and and you basically let the defense dictate what you're gonna do this is what it looks like..

So I don't care if we had prime Emmett Smith right now I think he'd make him look bad Mike McCarthy doesn't seem to get it... I mean he just confuses me on why he's bringing these guys in and using the way he is it makes no sense Ezekiel Elliott should be used for short yardage blocking and goal line well we have to get to the goal line first 'cause that's not working right now but starting Rico I was OK with that but he left him in there too long there were situations was Rico was getting absolutely smashed and run blocking and where was he I don't know I think he came in in the second quarter sometime because I bet that's what he had in his notes to do...​
If this continues three more weeks if I'm Jerry I'm going to Mike McCarthy and taking play calling away from him and then making a demand to the actual offensive coordinator whoever that might be I forget his name and make sure he knows what I want out of this offense and figure out a way to get it done..​
Like I said I've seen running back by committees that actually can work and they don't need to be dynamic if they're being blocked correctly and you bring in the right running back for the right call it can work it's not working I'm blaming Mike McCarthy first and foremost and maybe that's what Jerry's saying even though he's not saying it and him not knowing about Calvin cook that's because he's leaving it up to Mike McCarthy because Mike McCarthy said he wasn't sure yet they're deciding I think after they finished practice this week and they're gonna decide when they're doing the active list..​
But if he continues to use Vaughn like this there's no reason for him to ever be active that is not how you utilize a guy like him you need zone blocking you need direction and motion and get him out in space if not leave him at home...​
Oh, really? I did not know that...because I did not read this novel. smh

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both jugheads are claiming there’s no concern with our RB situation. They keep pretending everything is fine. Was listening to Jerry’s radio interview on the fan, he’s sounding more like porky pig every day. It’s painful listening to him.
There's never any concern, Dak could go out and there would be no concern, everyone on the OL/DL/ST etc etc could go out and Jerry would still have no worries

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I agree the scheme needs a HUGE adjusting