Jerry surprised on RB talk Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

"... Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest."

Word salad drenched in bourbon dressing

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And people wonder why this team never has any swagger.

Telling the world that there’s nothing wrong with poor play and everything is great.

For years and years I hoped that could be overcome, but I now see that it cannot.
Stephen kept repeating the Cowboys ran into a hot New Orleans team on Sunday as an excuse. New Orleans beat up on a bad Carolina team and we beat up on what everyone thought was a pretty good Cleveland team. We should’ve been on a bigger high note than the Saints after winning on the road at Cleveland.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
My sources say he might play :laugh: As far a fool butt Jones? I'd rather listen to dead grass trying to grow than to this clown. yet he has the NERVE to put everyone else on notice when he's the number ONE problem in Dallas . For 30 years....

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Stephen kept repeating the Cowboys ran into a hot New Orleans team on Sunday as an excuse. New Orleans beat up on a bad Carolina team and we beat up on what everyone thought was a pretty good Cleveland team. We should’ve been on a bigger high note than the Saints after winning on the road at Cleveland.
Aren’t most teams in the playoffs usually hot. Yikes! Of course there are always a couple not to mention any teams by name that do take the lackadaisical approach.

75boyz

Reaction score
I made this same post after Jerry opened his mouth before.

And that is...
The GM has spoken.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aren’t most teams in the playoffs usually hot. Yikes! Of course there are always a couple not to mention any teams by name that do take the lackadaisical approach.
Teams get hot after they string together a few wins. They don’t get hot after an opening day win. One win isn’t going to make a team hot but Stephen keeps repeating that the Saints were a hot team. :rolleyes: It will be interesting to see what he says if we lose to a team riding a two game losing streak.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded: "I don't know that that will happen."

"I must tell you, this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position and what we're doing at that position, running back this year. Not having done this or not having done that at running back.

"Both of these guys came out the same time (Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott). We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. I'm pleased with what Zeke is doing.

"... Running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest."

It usually takes Jerry more than a couple of games to admit his mistakes, and by admit, I don't actually mean him saying he was wrong, but instead doing something to show that he was wrong.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Teams get hot after they string together a few wins. They don’t get hot after an opening day win. One win isn’t going to make a team hot but Stephen keeps repeating that the Saints were a hot team. :rolleyes: It will be interesting to see what he says if we lose to a team riding a two game losing streak.
They were desperate.