Twitter: Jerry: "Teams that pay big ticket on quarterback have to sacrifice other places."

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This offseason seems like Jerry is having buyers regret right now when it comes to Dak.

1. He's not going above and beyond to surround Dak with amazing talent on offense.

2. He's desperate for a dominate run game and has been vocal about it. So essentially the less Dak the better.

3. He's saying things like this, acknowledging that they paid Dak to to be great and carry things if needed, not to be carried.

I wonder if he's talking to other coaches (Quinn/Peyton) that's he's interested in and they aren't high on Dak? I doubt it this, but who knows.

Either way I think Dak is on his last legs here if he doesn't do something great. Jerry seems weirdly over this Dak experiment and he's not hiding it very well.

1) Cee Dee is entering year 3, and they expect him to make the leap to a true number 1. Gallup, they fully expect him to be a very good number 2 as he gets a much bigger role. They drafted a rookie with a fairly high pick to take the role of number 3 in addition to the off season signing of Washington who is a pro and easily could fill the number 3 role.

2) Saying he wants the team to have a dominant running game shows no signs of desperation. They drafted an Olineman with their top pick to bolster that Oline. They did not expect Tyron to blow a leg out. A better run game means an easier time for Dak to be even more efficient. Shows ZERO signs of desperation.

3) You can attribute any motive you want to his words depending on your view of Jerry. ANYTHING out of his mouth you can twist to make it a negative. And yea, paying a QB Dak money says everything that needs to be said. They expect him to be a QB that can lead the team to wins, and big wins. He doesnt need to speak to say that. His actions in that big contract says all that needs to be said. There is no way in hell he is talking to Quinn behind Mike's back, and he damn sure isnt talking to Peyton. Hes "Over his Dak experiment?" Where the hell is that coming from? When ever have you heard anything other than positive garbage coming out of Jerry's mouth.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
All the more worse when you hand out the most awful RB contract currently.

they don’t know what they are doing, but most people understand that.

Adreme

Reaction score
For one, Jerry speaks the truth.

Except when you look at every 40+m QB except for the Packers they ALL have more talent on offense surrounding them than Dak and the Packers have a much better OLine. So clearly other teams are able to both pay the QB and add weapons but somehow the Cowboys cannot figure out a way to keep up the entire rest of the NFL.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We're stuck right now, but not for years.

Jerry is sending a message to Dak. Sink or swim.
Correct, you wanted to be paid like a premium QB, now play like one, not everything will be set up ideal around you.

from that point We can see where he is coming from, but if he really wants to win another SB in his lifetime , then he has to make sure everything is done to make it possible.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You aren’t thinking this through , at all. Do you understand what the financial ramifications of that would be? Do you know who runs this team? Lolol cmon man. You aren’t being real.
I know what they are and I get it.

I also see the things Jerry has been saying and I listed them above. Jerry is sending a message. That message is clear as day. Sink or swim.

We might not be able to get rid of you right now, but your contract get better with every QB that gets signed, right? So, maybe someone else wants you more than I do? Maybe we can move on from you sooner rather than later? If nobody else wants you then maybe it's time we draft your replacement and have him ready when we can just let you walk?

John813

Reaction score
You aren’t thinking this through , at all. Do you understand what the financial ramifications of that would be? Do you know who runs this team? Lolol cmon man. You aren’t being real.

I mean it's only a 49mil dead cap hit in 2023 and 40mil dead cap in 2024 if a June 1st cut, or an easy to swallow 90 mil dead cap in 2023 if cut prior to June 1st.

He's here easily till the 2024 offseason. And by then I'm sure they would of restructured or extended his deal.
Unless he does something stupid or drops off the cliff performance wise I can see them still trying to win with him. Because the alternative is hoping to get lucky in the draft/UDFA for another competent QB

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What do you see as a consequence of Prescott and the team sinking this season for 2023 and beyond?
Nothing immediate, but every QB that gets signed makes Dak contract look a little less horrible, right? That's what we're told at least, so maybe someone wants him more than Jerry and is willing to deal something?

Maybe we finally take the QB position serious and draft his replacement to sit behind him, learn, and be ready when his contract is up?

This offseason feels like a message to me. Maybe it's not, but it sure seems like it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
They’re stuck for years. What do you think is a possible divorce date? Before 2023? Not a chance in hell
While years are plural and could mean 2, in general, when you say "stuck for years" you don't mean two.

JBS

Reaction score
I know what they are and I get it.

I also see the things Jerry has been saying and I listed them above. Jerry is sending a message. That message is clear as day. Sink or swim.

We might not be able to get rid of you right now, but your contract get better with every QB that gets signed, right? So, maybe someone else wants you more than I do? Maybe we can move on from you sooner rather than later? If nobody else wants you then maybe it's time we draft your replacement and have him ready when we can just let you walk?

this isn’t happening man. 0% chance would be optimistic.

this team doesn’t even sign free agents .. You think they are eating 90M in dead money? Lolol

Zeke sucks. They won’t even give his backup the ball.

you think dak sits on the bench while making 40M. To say it’s wishful thinking on your part would be an understatement but I understand your hopes

JBS

Reaction score
I mean it's only a 49mil dead cap hit in 2023 and 40mil dead cap in 2024 if a June 1st cut, or an easy to swallow 90 mil dead cap in 2023 if cut prior to June 1st.

He's here easily till the 2024 offseason. And by then I'm sure they would of restructured or extended his deal.
Unless he does something stupid or drops off the cliff performance wise I can see them still trying to win with him. Because the alternative is hoping to get lucky in the draft/UDFA for another competent QB

it’s not even a topic worth talking about hahah. It’s impossible

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those who keep complaining about the high price of QBs or the salary Dak is making, if you don’t want to pay a QB you won’t have one. Any QB that’s worth a darn these days is making a lot of money.